PDA

View Full Version : Sills and Rear 1/4s

Brizza
05-06-2011, 22:07
Is it possible to get these new from Renault... and at what price?

Matt Cole
05-06-2011, 22:14
Sills yes, about £130 a side. rear quauters i think hav finished.:cry:

Brizza
05-06-2011, 22:24
Cool, bit of a preemptive stock pie thought. Having my 5 stripped before a trip to "Ze Fazerland" and the bodyshop has found that the previous spray job i had done in 2002 had found a hole on either sill 5cm by 2cm and packed it full of filler :-S tad furious about that but anyway, this new body shop is doing a very decent spray job, doors off, boot off anyway he found this and is plating it up and lead filling it, its a good job but still thinking about the long run just incase. as regards the rear wings the drivers side rear wing has errorded a bit and is getting built up.

michael tierney
05-06-2011, 23:17
the aftermarket sill had an extended part of the rear 1/4 panel on it known as a plate!!

Brizza
06-06-2011, 08:15
the aftermarket sill had an extended part of the rear 1/4 panel on it known as a plate!!

Do you have any pictures of this extended plate?

djinuk
06-06-2011, 09:04
indeed hes right it comes up the rear 1/4 quite high, (around as high as the standard gt turbo stickers) if i remmber right, hopefully that will cover the area you need. My advice would also be to almost presume you are going to need the inner sills aswell (speak to ashy on here for a pair). As the seam that joins the inner to outer tends to rot away. Had a pair of sills done on my r5 some time back. For the panels try moreleys in derby (yell.com) it.

Brizza
06-06-2011, 09:38
Yeah I'm assuming all GT Turbos will have sill issues by now. I was lucky not to need the full thing but will be stock piling a set in the near future!!!

djinuk
06-06-2011, 09:41
If the jobs done well you shouldnt relaly have issues, after all compared to back then i imagine most r5's are kept in garages and looked after a lot better than they used to.

Brizza
06-06-2011, 10:18
If the jobs done well you shouldnt relaly have issues, after all compared to back then i imagine most r5's are kept in garages and looked after a lot better than they used to.

These were the original sills thankfully just had to patch them up :( mines been in the garage since I bought it in 2001.