PDA

View Full Version : pwr charge cooler set up

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-06-2011, 09:47
I have a pwr charge cooler that I need to fit to the 5, i was wondering how people have placed theresl what hoses where used etc?

If you have pictures showing what you have done i would be grateful.

TNT ANDY
05-06-2011, 10:52
I have a pwr charge cooler that I need to fit to the 5, i was wondering how people have placed theresl what hoses where used etc?

If you have pictures showing what you have done i would be grateful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/TurboStott/ChargeCoolerRoute#

Mounted the charge cooler on top of the gearbox longitudinally - made a bracket out of a 1ft piece of soil pipe cut in half and went from there. my pump is mounted behind what used to be the passenger side fog light and the tank is in the scuttle area passenger side.

Hope this helps

tubby5
05-06-2011, 12:51
When I Took my old one of my gtt.I trial fitted it on my dads orange gtt and mounted it slightly in front of the rockercover,it fitted perfect,looked neat and was a very short boost run

The only prob being that it would sit level with c/c water tank so could be a pain for removing airlocks

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-06-2011, 12:54
When I Took my old one of my gtt.I trial fitted it on my dads orange gtt and mounted it slightly in front of the rockercover,it fitted perfect,looked neat and was a very short boost run

The only prob being that it would sit level with c/c water tank so could be a pain for removing airlocks

I dont suppose you have a pic do you? I could mount the water tank higher in the scuttle area maybe?

Logg
05-06-2011, 12:59
I ran mine just in front of the rocker cover.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=421&pictureid=12373

TNT ANDY
05-06-2011, 13:10
I ran mine just in front of the rocker cover.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=421&pictureid=12373

I did have mine like that but several people commented on air locks due to the location.

Logg
05-06-2011, 13:18
I'd agree with that Andy air locks. :'( . I found it was **** at cooling and put too much cluter in my engine bay even when I moved the pump and header to the scuttle area.

Any way Shoppers was asking for pic's I gave one I'll stop the slating of it. :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-06-2011, 13:23
I'd agree with that Andy air locks. :'( . I found it was **** at cooling and put too much cluter in my engine bay even when I moved the pump and header to the scuttle area.

Any way Shoppers was asking for pic's I gave one I'll stop the slating of it. :)

:agree: Cheers logg, yeh I am worried about room in the engine bay, I wil have a play around.

TNT ANDY
05-06-2011, 13:28
If it's any help, I'll be going to the Frog in 4 weeks, you can have a butchers at mine then if you like.

Can you send a photo of your current engine bay

I have no issues with space in my bay with mine installed the way I have it.

tubby5
05-06-2011, 15:05
Hey logg,any chance you can tell me where you got your distributor cap from?or what it's off?As I'm in desperate need of one for my dads 5

Logg
05-06-2011, 15:15
IIRC it's of a 2.0 renault 21/ Espace. but so long since I bought it.

tubbyG
05-06-2011, 15:29
Hey logg,any chance you can tell me where you got your distributor cap from?or what it's off?As I'm in desperate need of one for my dads 5

I got the same one from Mike some time ago - I'd try him:D

I got it to prevent arcing occuring from ht leads to boost pipes.

Sparkie
05-06-2011, 23:19

if its for his turbo 2, i think they fit a fiat too. Hans motors had em on the shelf.