PDA

View Full Version : yellow headlights

REBEL GT TURBO
05-06-2011, 01:16
I wanna do my headlights in yellow like the good'ol french used to do! Is this road legal in the uk??:confused:

I was racing with two civics on the m1 friday night on my way to ND and they both had yellow headlights and it looked cool:cool:

Reason i could only see there headlights was coz i was in front!:burnrubber:

Adam 005
05-06-2011, 08:00
I wanna do my headlights in yellow like the good'ol french used to do! Is this road legal in the uk??:confused:

I was racing with two civics on the m1 friday night on my way to ND and they both had yellow headlights and it looked cool:cool:

Reason i could only see there headlights was coz i was in front!:burnrubber:

i used to have yellow buld covers which are legal i would guess the yellow headlight glass is legal.Back in the day you could buy yellow film to go over your lights for driving over seas.
Gt tuning demo car used to have yellow head lights;)

i asume you were racing on the private m1

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-06-2011, 08:12
i used to have yellow buld covers which are legal i would guess the yellow headlight glass is legal.Back in the day you could buy yellow film to go over your lights for driving over seas.
Gt tuning demo car used to have yellow head lights;)

i asume you were racing on the private m1

Yeh must have been racing on that private section of the M1:D

I have some yellow sleeves you place over the bulbs, tbh i dont like the yellow lights, krisy M had them on the ph1 % really struggled to see at night..... potential dangerous when giving it beans down a county lane ;)

REBEL GT TURBO
05-06-2011, 12:04
Yeah yeah of course private bit of that m1 :)

i'll have to get some yellow see how they look.

J$£5GTT
05-06-2011, 20:53
heres my 5 cents worth,ok they may look cool and you may think its a good idea but when driving at night you cant see squat,really hard to see and makes your eyes go wonky donkey,and also when i have been in a car with them i swear folk cant see you as well as normal lights because on motorway we had a few cars just pull out in front of us,maybe that was due to not checking mirrors,but id put it down to the dog poo lights....dangerous imo !!
:)

REBEL GT TURBO
06-06-2011, 20:36
heres my 5 cents worth,ok they may look cool and you may think its a good idea but when driving at night you cant see squat,really hard to see and makes your eyes go wonky donkey,and also when i have been in a car with them i swear folk cant see you as well as normal lights because on motorway we had a few cars just pull out in front of us,maybe that was due to not checking mirrors,but id put it down to the dog poo lights....dangerous imo !!

How about if i run HID with em in yellow??

rat1
06-06-2011, 20:53

i agree with J you can't see a dam thing with yellow headlights. i use hid SOOOOO much better :agree:

J$£5GTT
06-06-2011, 22:45
How about if i run HID with em in yellow??

not sure,you could give it a try,but i really like the hid kits you can get now,through a bunch of light of alien abduction proportions down the road,rat1 got a kit of ebay i think for £45 was it ray?,good price i think..