PDA

View Full Version : Re-fitting my flywheel

GTphil
03-06-2011, 21:54
I'm just in the process of refitting my flywheel to the block, and i made the misake of not marking it before removle.

So i'm thinking tdc the engine, (so the dizzy arm is pointing at no1 ht lead) then offer the flywheel up so the timing mark lines up with the sight hole on the gearbox/block and the bolt holes on the crank?

One bolt to the left or right on the crank and the small timing mark is way off the sight hole. Hence my reasoning.

Phoenix Autosport
03-06-2011, 22:00
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

just had a look in haynes as i have it sat on the desk but it just relies on you marking the position and doesnt give any info on alignment beyond line up the marks you made, i dont suppose there are any marks on them from previous removals over the years

GTphil
03-06-2011, 22:03
no marks on the crank/flywheel, just a small straight line that lines up with the sight hole on the gearbox/block

Thundercat
03-06-2011, 22:38
Think I'm right in saying it only bolts up one way as one of the mounting holes is out of position slightly.

Woznaldo
04-06-2011, 09:36
Think I'm right in saying it only bolts up one way as one of the mounting holes is out of position slightly.

You are correct. It will only go on in one position.

Miller
04-06-2011, 21:21
You are correct. It will only go on in one position.

That's correct it can only go on one way