PDA

View Full Version : Identifing a turbo....

Leigh
11-11-2008, 10:32
Ive just taken off my turbo due to a snapped stud but not sure what turbo it is. It was bought from BB Tuning there so called Generation 4 but its a Garrett and printed on it is A/R 51 Garrett M27 BSK3 then on the rised bit where the number usually is all its got is DA stamped on it. Got pic's if it helps :D

Thanks Leigh.

Mart
11-11-2008, 10:43
Easier if you remove the housings & measure the wheel inducer/exducer.

jantheeven
11-11-2008, 22:14
I have one too... ;)
I recently installed a brand new turbo with these specs:

Modified high flow C.N.C. re-profiled T25 compressor cover and T25 "inlet depression style" compressor wheel, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, modified T25 bearing housing, .47 A/R modified turbine housing with ported wastegate and uprated poppet valve, racing "staggered gap" total seal piston ring.

No idea what it all means :laugh:
Is it any good??

Adam L
11-11-2008, 22:58
I have one too... ;)

Modified high flow C.N.C. re-profiled T25 compressor cover and T25 "inlet depression style" compressor wheel, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, modified T25 bearing housing, .47 A/R, modified turbine housing with ported wastegate and uprated poppet valve, racing "staggered gap" total seal piston ring.

Is it any good??

It's a load of bollocks:)

Sounds like some verbal diharia K-tec would come out with...

jantheeven
12-11-2008, 00:02
It's a load of bollocks:)

Sounds like some verbal diharia K-tec would come out with...

LOL well it's not from K-Tec... it's from a respected turbo supplier from Holland... who doesn't sell anything but turbos...

Mart
12-11-2008, 00:09
Ratners didn't sell anything but jewellery...

jantheeven
12-11-2008, 00:10
didn't have a clue what you meant by that... but thank God for Dutch people there's Wikipedia :laugh:

Scoff
12-11-2008, 00:14
I have one too... ;)

Modified high flow C.N.C. re-profiled T25 compressor cover and T25 "inlet depression style" compressor wheel, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, modified T25 bearing housing, .47 A/R, modified turbine housing with ported wastegate and uprated poppet valve, racing "staggered gap" total seal piston ring.

Is it any good??

sounds like the same B/S terminoligy that prima racing came out with. that's an MD84r, if you were to buy it from them.

break the B/S down and your left with:

T25 compressor
T25 core
360deg thrust
0.47 ar ***T2*** turbine housing.
enlarged w/g port with poppet to match
staggered gap seal

Scoff
12-11-2008, 00:16
note that the B/S "specification" doesn't tell you any of the things you want to know, like compressor trim, compressor a/r.

Mart
12-11-2008, 00:23
:agree:

"uprated poppet valve, racing staggered gap total seal piston ring" is exactly the same sales patter (read bollox) that Turbo Dynamics had listed on their adverts for the MDxx R series blowers.

jantheeven
12-11-2008, 09:54
note that the B/S "specification" doesn't tell you any of the things you want to know, like compressor trim, compressor a/r.

I see... thanks. The compressor has M27 A/R .48 stamped on it by the way...

What's the max power output for this blower ya think?

Adam L
12-11-2008, 21:34
Just as another ad-on, if you hadn't already reaslied. There's no such thing as ''Race spec'' bearings/seals/rings. They are all the same, but either oversized or standard fitment.

jantheeven
13-11-2008, 13:52
:crap: