PDA

View Full Version : just my luck

HAndy
02-06-2011, 11:37
after buying my tickets months in advance, and booking the week of as holiday,and rushing around all week fitting anti roll bars/uprated bushes ,new wheels/tyres,tracking,oil cooler ducts, and picking parts up and helping other rtoc owners try and get there cars ready, my car lets go:cry::cry::cry: sheared of the oil pump drive pulley, clean break right before the lobes on the half cam shaft. took the head of ,and all 16 valves have touched the pistons, although pistons and head look to be ok, looks like metal fatigue, but never heard of this happening before :scratch:
i am GUTTED:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
so looks like im taking a vw transporter:ashamed: yet again another year watching from the side lines, just my luck:(

markey b
02-06-2011, 12:20
after buying my tickets months in advance, and booking the week of as holiday,and rushing around all week fitting anti roll bars/uprated bushes ,new wheels/tyres,tracking,oil cooler ducts, and picking parts up and helping other rtoc owners try and get there cars ready, my car lets go:cry::cry::cry: sheared of the oil pump drive pulley, clean break right before the lobes on the half cam shaft. took the head of ,and all 16 valves have touched the pistons, although pistons and head look to be ok, looks like metal fatigue, but never heard of this happening before :scratch:
i am GUTTED:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
so looks like im taking a vw transporter:ashamed: yet again another year watching from the side lines, just my luck:(

oli said last night, he is having similar luck.. feel for u both, i'm sure they will both be back badder than ever, and with no time constraints now i'm sure they will be awesome! :agree: