PDA

View Full Version : so who is ready for ND?

Robbo
01-06-2011, 15:24
And who is not, and if not what have got left to do?

Bigfoot
01-06-2011, 15:30
My voice is ready :wasntme:

Car needs:
Raising back end up - Complete just need to put shocks back on
Gear selector alignment - complete
Centre consol back in place
Brakes Bleeding - complete
Plastic covers in Engine bay
Tow eye cap - complete
Rear Lights
Rear arches
Side skirts
Clean
Insurance - paid for
MOT - booked for 10:30am
Tax

Not much really :cry:

Or remove Renault 5 passenger door from back of BMW, put in stuff, put in fuel and drive there

Duncan Grier
01-06-2011, 15:31
PMSL - dont have time to list it let alone do it :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I have a good weeks work to fit into tonight, thu from 12 and fri until 5pm, also got a few hrs trailering to get the last of the fabrication work done.

July ND would have been sooo much easier :cooter:

Weather looknig good for it so far though :agree::agree::agree:

DG

BluntyR5GTT
01-06-2011, 15:35
totally ready for my 1st nd :)

got a very fine fettle of the carb to do tomorrow night (1.3mm 2nd stage and 0.9 a/c) but thats it, interior is all clean and exterior was clayed,polished etc last sat so will be a quick wash fri evening ready for the off sat morn :agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-06-2011, 15:37
If i feel upto it all I have to do is put some diesel in the Learner car....

James5
01-06-2011, 15:48
I wish I was ready I am so close yet so far :laugh: why oh why did I start an engine conversion this close to nat day converison in 12 days must be some kind of RTOC record :agree::laugh: and almost done. Think I have some wiring still to do for the ECU and hence my injectors not working.

SP33DY
01-06-2011, 16:04
Theres no way I'll be ready, an OP in Feb put me out of action or 3 months and the place doing my manifold and exhaust have had the car since the beginning of May and still haven't started work on it :cry:

soapymech
01-06-2011, 16:17
just some polishing left going to try these (2 for £5 bargain);)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-06-2011, 16:45
If i feel upto it all I have to do is put some diesel in the Learner car....

And a load of track wheels in the boot for adey.....? Hehehehe!

Alex
01-06-2011, 16:50
Nearly. I need to fit some radiator cowling and give the car a quick check over and clean etc and it'll be sorted. 

jesus in the seat of a 5
01-06-2011, 17:55
got all my gubbins up together , just gotta get to kris m`s place at 7am on friday , start the cup, do a few checks.... then off we go...:)

Lomo
01-06-2011, 18:32
Managed to get 99% of the jobs done this afternoon.

Still not happy with how she's running a little warmer than usual but I do know she's in need of a new rad pretty soon. Still, sits right in the middle of the temp dial now!:D

Gonna do the last little bits Friday morning then meet the NW crew @ 4pm :cool:

bod 182
01-06-2011, 20:07
IM chilling this National day just got a new ride had the discs and pads done,full service and belts done so may venture out onto track for a few laps:)

Matt Cole
01-06-2011, 21:35
Im way off!:crap: Fitting gearbox, new manifold, new turbo, welding, pistons, rods, new cams..................the list is endless!!:cry:

Robbo, im up for a passenger ride though!:D

Gibbo69
01-06-2011, 21:43
All done and ready to go :)

Robbo
01-06-2011, 22:13
Im way off!:crap: Fitting gearbox, new manifold, new turbo, welding, pistons, rods, new cams..................the list is endless!!:cry:

Robbo, im up for a passenger ride though!:D

thats if mine makes it down there

Big Steve - Raider
01-06-2011, 22:21
Booked the day off work on Friday to just make sure that i've got everything ready to rock!

Was going to change the oil tonight but just before I dumped the old stuff I checked I had a new oil filter & you guess it :dearme:

Tracking down a new filter tomorrow then! :rolleyes:

James5
01-06-2011, 22:43
I wish I was ready I am so close yet so far :laugh: why oh why did I start an engine conversion this close to nat day converison in 12 days must be some kind of RTOC record :agree::laugh: and almost done. Think I have some wiring still to do for the ECU and hence my injectors not working.

I am cutting it fine got injectors to fire on the conversion but 2 injectors are fecked hopefully have some more by friday:D

Bigfoot
01-06-2011, 22:45
I am cutting it fine got injectors to fire on the conversion but 2 injectors are fecked hopefully have some more by friday:D

What was the problem in the end?

James5
01-06-2011, 22:51
What was the problem in the end?

:ashamed:I missed 3 ECU live wires:rob:, well I assume that was the problem, as I took the rail off after doing the wires and 2 of the injectors fired and 2 didn't, I still have spark and everything so I assume the 3 wires, I have basically now used all the wires on the clio loom brown and white plugs and now bodged into my 5. Done the test on the inectors like you said and couldn't free the 2 knackered ones up so have 4 more 802's on the way :D

Bigfoot
01-06-2011, 22:53
:ashamed:I missed 3 ECU live wires:rob:, well I assume that was the problem, as I took the rail off after doing the wires and 2 of the injectors fired and 2 didn't, I still have spark and everything so I assume the 3 wires, I have basically now used all the wires on the clio loom brown and white plugs and now bodged into my 5. Done the test on the inectors like you said and couldn't free the 2 knackered ones up so have 4 more 802's on the way :D

Did you try swapping the two working injectors for the non working ones, could be wiring rather than the injectors. It was worth a shot freeing them up like that, but more than likely because sitting around that long they have gone :(

James5
01-06-2011, 23:25
Did you try swapping the two working injectors for the non working ones, could be wiring rather than the injectors. It was worth a shot freeing them up like that, but more than likely because sitting around that long they have gone :(

Yeah tried swapping them around the 2 working injetors and they injected, have put to working OE injectors in for now as I just want it idle so will try tomorrow and hopefully friday another set of 802's will turn up for me to install:agree:

Bigfoot
01-06-2011, 23:27
Yeah tried swapping them around the 2 working injetors and they injected, have put to working OE injectors in for now as I just want it idle so will try tomorrow and hopefully friday another set of 802's will turn up for me to install:agree:

Well thats good news then, I thought you need 803s for that engine or is it set to run on 802s :confused:

Just turned my entire room inside out trying to find my V5 for the car, its found now but dont think my loom looks too good now :laugh:

James5
01-06-2011, 23:35
Well thats good news then, I thought you need 803s for that engine or is it set to run on 802s :confused:

Just turned my entire room inside out trying to find my V5 for the car, its found now but dont think my loom looks too good now :laugh:

the engine had the 802's in it done some research and the fastchips high boost was done on the 802 injectors.

Purple_rob
02-06-2011, 00:45
Booked the day off work on Friday to just make sure that i've got everything ready to rock!

Was going to change the oil tonight but just before I dumped the old stuff I checked I had a new oil filter & you guess it :dearme:

Tracking down a new filter tomorrow then! :rolleyes:

Steve, got one here you can have and replace if you get stuck.

f0xy
02-06-2011, 01:12
Ran my new engine in last night, all ready to go now. Hope the forecast is correct as ive only got one set of wheels to bring this time, and slicks are fitted to them :scared:

Coops
02-06-2011, 08:21
refit steering wheel shroud, fit wrap round seat and clean the mo fo

done :-)

philg
02-06-2011, 08:31
Ive got no chance to, gearbox needs referbed and refitted, my rad and water pipes fitted, boost pipes, bonnet, grill, bumper, fit my new aem stuff and get another 200 miles on her, then whack up the boost and hope its fueling ok :scared:

Hope you all have a good day though :)

REBEL GT TURBO
02-06-2011, 11:24
im all set to go, just do some polishing fri nite! Fill her up on sat morning and srt off!

Hoolio
02-06-2011, 12:08
I was going to say just an oil change but just retrieved the tent and its got really damp. No tent no saturday "and" sunday at the moment.

dave r5
02-06-2011, 13:50
I'm well behind. It's Thursday's afternoon. I'm at work till 6.
Gota service a jeep tanite, and my engine for my 5 is still on the engine stand. Heads on and all timed up. Tho. Fridays Gona be a long night. :(

R5TURBORON
02-06-2011, 14:28
Just cleaned mine need to sort camping gear that's about it

Bass J
02-06-2011, 16:35
My cars ready :) i even installed a sub and amp in the back just for the journey down :laugh:

first year i aint rushing about like a madman :) ...all i gotta do is go shopping and pack me clothes :smokin:

Adey aka Ewok
02-06-2011, 17:19
reconect the handbrake cables, check over all the fluids, find the tent, pop to tescos fill up and all being well with fingers crossed she will get there fine. if anyone traveling there tomorrow pass a broken down silver 172 its me so pull over :agree:

BluntyR5GTT
02-06-2011, 18:27
I am now officially sorted carb is spot on even got it on the safe side. Also done the oil change all iv gotta do is give it a quick wash n polish again tomorrow after work.

D4WNO
02-06-2011, 20:37
I've just been and bought a pile of booze, then I'm going to pack some clothes and get in the car...done :D

BluntyR5GTT
02-06-2011, 20:42
gutted i cant be there on the fri nite so i could get on it with you lot, but the mrs is coming hence why we aint setting out till sat morn

Tony Walker
02-06-2011, 20:45
just took my fuel tank out, repaired the stupid bung thing, refit it tommorrow along with exhaust and brake cables, fuel filter and pump. adjust my tracking a little bit, check ride height is even all round, get tools/spares together, (ideally would like to adjust my calliper extenders as my callipers are far too close to the wheels) Then meet up at 4pm :D

Big Steve - Raider
02-06-2011, 21:05
Steve, got one here you can have and replace if you get stuck.

Thanks for the offer Rob! :niceone:

I managed to get hold of one today though in at a Renault Stealership in Bury St Edmunds of all places!

Oil changed tonight & a quick clean & we're all ready to rock in the Big Steve Camp! :D:D:D

youngscottie
02-06-2011, 21:59
cars packed and ready
just to buy beer in the morning
if you see to drunk scots wandering about be sure to say hello:)

royz
02-06-2011, 22:07
all done. just got to get the beer and ice tomorrow after work and head down

Purple_rob
02-06-2011, 22:09
Thanks for the offer Rob! :niceone:

I managed to get hold of one today though in at a Renault Stealership in Bury St Edmunds of all places!

Oil changed tonight & a quick clean & we're all ready to rock in the Big Steve Camp! :D:D:D

Brilliant!!, Wallace sent me a text the other day about his plans on going. I was tempted to come but I cant see tickets are available anymore!

Bigfoot
02-06-2011, 22:10
MOT booked for 10.30am, all put together just need to put rear spoiler on and gear gaitor and give a quick clean in the morning before I take it to the MOT station, its moving backwards and forwards which is great. Front end still too high but doesn't look so bad now the back end is up by a couple of inches.

The new Bill J
02-06-2011, 22:18
Brilliant!!, Wallace sent me a text the other day about his plans on going. I was tempted to come but I cant see tickets are available anymore!

Get your ticket on the gate Rob. Go on, turn up! I don't think I've seen you since about 1963 :laugh:

Have you still got your grey 5?

BWilkie
02-06-2011, 23:33
Which way should we go?

M25 M1 or M11 and cut accross?

Worried about traffic on M1.....

Thoughts?

Big Steve - Raider
03-06-2011, 00:12
Which way should we go?

M25 M1 or M11 and cut accross?

Worried about traffic on M1.....

Thoughts?

Depends what time you're going matey??

The Motorways could be cool but on the other hand it could be a nightmare on a Friday evening?? :cry::mad:

If I were you I'd be tempted to try:

M25
M11
M11 Jct 13 west A428 Past St Neots to the A1 (Helps you miss out on all the crap on the A14) And you get to drive past my house (if you know where to look! :laugh:)
A1 North to A14 Westbound towards M1
Off the A14 at Jct 1 to miss out on the usual A14/M1/M6 Friday Evening Sh1t
Back roads to Mallory all the way
See Google Map below:

At least it's better than sitting in traffic & either you or the car won't get too hot?

Big Steve - Raider
03-06-2011, 00:13
don't Forget Your Driving Licences Guys!!!! :)

Purple_rob
03-06-2011, 00:34
Get your ticket on the gate Rob. Go on, turn up! I don't think I've seen you since about 1963 :laugh:

Have you still got your grey 5?

South mimms wasn't it, and yes it probably was that long ago lol. I've got to rearrange work and convince the boss at home. I do have a 3 week older daughter so it might be difficult.

It's good to know I can get a ticket though so I'll try. Wallace, if you see this, I'll buzz you tomorrow mate.

Lomo
03-06-2011, 08:43
The Sun is shining and the weekend awaits..

Its National Day Time!!! :D:agree::yeah::beer::burnrubber::cool2::francais: :drunk::sleep::mart:

Have a safe journey everyone :cool:

Adey aka Ewok
03-06-2011, 08:49
indeed, just got up guna go get shiz ready then head off later :agree:

youngscottie
03-06-2011, 08:56
setting of now

Lomo
03-06-2011, 09:00
setting of now

Safe journey fella!

The new Bill J
03-06-2011, 09:14
What a cracking day, weather wise! If it stays like this it'll more than make up for last year. Don't forget your sun cream folks :cool:

I think I'll go out for a 96 mile cycle ride, then load the car up, and get rolling :smokin:

Bigfoot
03-06-2011, 10:31
What a cracking day, weather wise! If it stays like this it'll more than make up for last year. Don't forget your sun cream folks :cool:

I think I'll go out for a 96 mile cycle ride, then load the car up, and get rolling :smokin:

So not cycling to mallory:laugh:

Car is at MOT station, had a few idling issues but that's sorted, just waiting now to get on the ramps

The new Bill J
03-06-2011, 11:12
So not cycling to mallory:laugh:

Car is at MOT station, had a few idling issues but that's sorted, just waiting now to get on the ramps

I thought about it, but I think I'm a little way off that distance yet, by about 100 miles :laugh:

Good luck with the MOT :cool:

Adey aka Ewok
03-06-2011, 11:50
fitted new rear shocks this morning along with reconecting the handbrake, pop out and the clean car then load up with the gear and beer :agree:

Renault 5 GT Turbo
03-06-2011, 13:06
Unfortunately not going to make my first national day...for possibly the weakest reason.

At the beginning of the week I dropped my 13" speedlines in to be powder coated, assured that they would be complete by Wednesday or Thursday latest. I am now told they will be ready for collection on Monday!

So, the car has no wheels!

warpspeed
03-06-2011, 13:07
Left at 9am, just passing tebay. This bloody Renault master is slow as hell and only doing about 10mpgish! That's what I get for trying to keep a Renault in the fleet since Doris is gone!

REBEL GT TURBO
03-06-2011, 13:09
Unfortunately not going to make my first national day...for possibly the weakest reason.

At the beginning of the week I dropped my 13" speedlines in to be powder coated, assured that they would be complete by Wednesday or Thursday latest. I am now told they will be ready for collection on Monday!

So, the car has no wheels!

go pick em up in whatever condition there in and slap em back on!

Bigfoot
03-06-2011, 13:15
Damn so close as well, carb is not quite running right but I could have put up with that driving slowly up there, but rear braking efficiency at 10% no wonder the brakes didn't feel right :crap: problem is only found that out today when I was driving to the MOT station, new calipers, pads and more than likely discs and bearings as one is on its way out as well and then put in for a re-test, will be ready for Santa pod then.

Better pack the BMW up, least got Aircon on the way there :cool:

R5TURBORON
03-06-2011, 13:23
Just have to load the car check fluids and wait for coops then will be on route :-)

J8TRO
03-06-2011, 13:47
Tonight

Me - clean car, fit spoiler if ready, sort out lean idle, check ride hights, fit spal fan, connect rear speakers stolen from Rich, pack......done!

Rich's (Morg) car, replace head blanking plate seal as its leaking, fit new leads, swap carb top as its cracked, put on williams wheels, clean the messy bugger!

Sean (shavers) car, put a tax disk in it!

Dan - turn up!

Weather today is bloomin MINT!

scott 5gtt
03-06-2011, 13:50
car cleaned , car packed , awaiting brigsys arival at my house !! and my mate with our subaru track car on trailor then setting off .. eta 6pm :):agree:

The new Bill J
03-06-2011, 14:14
AWESOME!

Just about ready to roll, so I thought I'd do a traffic report while having some lunch. Surprise, surprise, the M25 between mine and Heathrow is already fecked. Every poxy National Day this happens. Well, it's every day tbh :mad:

Lomo
03-06-2011, 14:33
T - 90 minutes til' lift-off..........:burnrubber::francais:

Logg
03-06-2011, 14:35
AWESOME!

Just about ready to roll, so I thought I'd do a traffic report while having some lunch. Surprise, surprise, the M25 between mine and Heathrow is already fecked. Every poxy National Day this happens. Well, it's every day tbh :mad:

Thats alright I'll be joining at heathrow clear roads for me then

The new Bill J
03-06-2011, 14:39
Thats alright I'll be joining at heathrow clear roads for me then

It was actually busy from J9 up to J17 :cooter:

I want to go J9-16 :crap:

Adey aka Ewok
03-06-2011, 14:41
best get going now then instead of moaning on here about it, uve got aircon so what the prob ;)

The new Bill J
03-06-2011, 14:44
best get going now then instead of moaning on here about it, uve got aircon so what the prob ;)

Yea, and it looks like 15mpg on the M25 (metres per gallon :laugh:)

I'll head off soon I think. Might as well get that climate control set to 17 degrees :cooter:

Logg
03-06-2011, 14:51
It was actually busy from J9 up to J17 :cooter:

I want to go J9-16 :crap:

Doh. :'( guess I'll see ya in the traffic about 4ish then :sad:

Steve H
03-06-2011, 17:43
Car on trailer, see yas in the morning!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/StevePH/c40f7b22.jpg

TNT ANDY
03-06-2011, 18:08
Thought I was. The altanator packed up on the way, JP turns up saves the day with a new one. Them I Fook it up by connecting the jump leads us the wrong way round. Good by ecu. GAme over.

Andrew Cooke
03-06-2011, 18:09
not me, MOT place failed to get the handbrake cable I told them was needed :(

Miller
03-06-2011, 18:24
just siting on the gate enjoying the sun

That's what nd is all about

BluntyR5GTT
04-06-2011, 05:51
well guys am up and ready gotta go get the mrs at 7am hope shes ready lol