PDA

View Full Version : gona need a lot of help

dave r5
01-06-2011, 00:07
hi all,

im gona attempt yet another conversion. following up to rs250 nut original idea

i have a b16a1 engine, with the 'better' inlet manifold and the gearbox that has the lsd.

440 cc injectors i think
mls head gasket
tubular manifold
t4oe roller bearing turbo
external wastegate

unsure of the internals yet tho

as u can tell im no honda head lol

so the trick bit starts with geting it in the hole, giving it to some good boys i know for that so all shud be strait and lined up properly.
next hard part is drive shafts. any 1 have any ideas on this?

im gona use standalone as i allready have it, but being a tad thick:rolleyes: will this afect the v-tec or is it oil presure that opperates it?

another thing is going to be the triger wheel, will i need 30-1 or 60-2 or does it not matter.
i dont recal seeing any trigger teeth on pictures of a honda fly wheel.
is there anything else i shud be thinking of?

thats all, for now chaps lol

Os8472
01-06-2011, 00:58
I know the emerald can and I would think most aftermarket ecu's should have no problem controlling vtec.

There are loads of trigger patterns out there, 36-1 seems to be the most comon, dunno what Honda use though.

dave r5
01-06-2011, 23:14
well i offerd up the full built up engine to the 5 tanite. erm its a tad tight to say the least

it def wont be going in from the top, and it looks like the exhaust manifold will be hanging out the front.

has any body done this conversion???

rs250nut
01-06-2011, 23:52
hi all,

im gona attempt yet another conversion. following up to rs250 nut original idea

i have a b16a1 engine, with the 'better' inlet manifold and the gearbox that has the lsd.

440 cc injectors i think
mls head gasket
tubular manifold
t4oe roller bearing turbo
external wastegate

unsure of the internals yet tho

as u can tell im no honda head lol

so the trick bit starts with geting it in the hole, giving it to some good boys i know for that so all shud be strait and lined up properly.
next hard part is drive shafts. any 1 have any ideas on this?

I intended to use a mix of both clio/civic parts welded together

im gona use standalone as i allready have it, but being a tad thick:rolleyes: will this afect the v-tec or is it oil presure that opperates it?

The v-tec is controlled by a solenoid on the side of the head which needs a 12v supply to open and close, speaking to Scoff about this an rpm based trigger should do the trick. I should be able to let you know how this works out soon enough.

another thing is going to be the triger wheel, will i need 30-1 or 60-2 or does it not matter.
i dont recal seeing any trigger teeth on pictures of a honda fly wheel.
is there anything else i shud be thinking of?

Could you not put the trigger wheel on the harmonic balancer end?

thats all, for now chaps lol

As for the manifold sticking out of the front of the car, this is why I have the exhaust manifold I have today, because it is so compact, other wise I would have loved to use a top mount.

If it fits in a mini it will fit in a five:agree:

dave r5
02-06-2011, 13:32
Nice 1 fella. I have a base map now and found a very clever ****er who likes putting theses engines in minis and metros

And has tooling to make drive shafts also

tubby5
02-06-2011, 17:00
i will be keeping a close eye on this build:cool:,how much power are you expecting??
and how does this engine compare to the s2000 engine?

have you thought about cutting your scuttle panel out.as thats what i did when the toyota engine went in mine,gave loads more room:D