PDA

View Full Version : I need a priest !!

5teve L
31-05-2011, 12:15
To exorcise my chuffin jinxed Raider before I loose the will to live & sell it !
Story so far:

I buy the car, do all the work for the MOT, passes MOT, you'd think that would have perked the b1tch up but ...
Bought MSM engine, decided to do the ringlands on the piston & fook the steel liner @ very little boost.
So think, ok 16v conversion, end up with 2 scrap engines.
Rebuild an engine, various parts missing due to my mate scrapping the car with all the parts still in it :crap: & now there seems to be a box/clutch related problem ffs
I'm rapidly loosing patience with the car & seriously considered selling it about 10 mins ago, matter of fact I still am as I've had enough now & I don't have a drive at my new house so can't even potter about easily with it anymore as it's right across town on my mates drive :(

Markey Mark (BD)
31-05-2011, 16:55
I know how you feel mate, been there and got the T-shirt.

I've been having issues with my B18FT recently, some my fault and some not but i find i just have to walk away from it for abit and go back with fresh head. The car almost had a flywheel through the windscreen recently i was so pissed off :laugh:

I think maybe few people on a day which all have free and knock the jobs out will get you back on track mate

ioshi_s_golf
31-05-2011, 17:15
Don't worry mate :) i've problems with my 5 since i bought it 2 years ago and i'll not give up :)

SCHWARTZ
31-05-2011, 17:28
feel for ya matey i know you have had a lot of **** luck with this build dont loose faith with it just yet, gbox prob may turn out to be something stupid. If all else fails il start the bidding at £1:wasntme:

5alldaway
31-05-2011, 18:18
im after a raider shell if you decide to sell :)

J$£5GTT
31-05-2011, 18:23

:laugh:

5teve L
31-05-2011, 19:33
Sorely tempted at the moment TBH. Was thinking of selling the shell & buying a valver to put the engine & cage in...

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2011, 20:51
RENO , really, enough nonesense, ok.....:wasntme:, sorry to hear steve.....sell it and buy an evo...:wasntme:, steve dont give up buddy...an do the right thing..put a c1j back in...;)

Scoff
31-05-2011, 21:47
It sucks when stuff goes wrong, especially when it means the lot has to come back out to rectify, but if its any consolation it happens to everyone, and its just as annoying, you just don't see it mentioned much so it's easy to think you're just jinxed.

Best advise would be to check everything as it goes together. Assumption is the mother of all f**ck up's as they say ! It might take longer but it saves frustration in the long run. (Usually !)

Flywheel through windscreen - reminds me when I was a kid, watching my neighbour fix the clutch on my dads mini clubman estate. he had just took gearbox off when his girlfriend (who was p1ssed off with him) turned up, lobbed his sarnies out the window at him, then drove in to his van at speed so he picked up the bellhousing and lobbed it through her side window - she drove off, covered in glass and taking the bellhousing with her never to be seen again *lol*

5teve L
31-05-2011, 22:39
It sucks when stuff goes wrong, especially when it means the lot has to come back out to rectify, but if its any consolation it happens to everyone, and its just as annoying, you just don't see it mentioned much so it's easy to think you're just jinxed.

Best advise would be to check everything as it goes together. Assumption is the mother of all f**ck up's as they say ! It might take longer but it saves frustration in the long run. (Usually !)

Flywheel through windscreen - reminds me when I was a kid, watching my neighbour fix the clutch on my dads mini clubman estate. he had just took gearbox off when his girlfriend (who was p1ssed off with him) turned up, lobbed his sarnies out the window at him, then drove in to his van at speed so he picked up the bellhousing and lobbed it through her side window - she drove off, covered in glass and taking the bellhousing with her never to be seen again *lol*
Haha that story cheered me up.

I know it happens, it's just this bloody car is driving me crazy, 1 step forward, 5 back. Still can't for the life of me see wtf is up with the thing, guess I won't know till it comes out.. :cooter:

dave r5
01-06-2011, 00:25
mate i feel for u, taxed tested an insured my 5. 2 weeks and smashed 2 pistons. oops