PDA

View Full Version : Starting help?

w35ty
30-05-2011, 10:34
Ok so i started my car the other day.. Only ran it for about 10seconds a few times as didnt have alot of oil in it.. Yesterday i put some oil in it came to try it and nothing.. It sounds like it wants to go but just stops.. I can hear the fuel pump on the blink abit but kept messIng with the relay/wires and it works.. I look in the carb and there was only abit of fuel in where the float sits?:confused: also the little pipe facing down is that where the fuel shoots from? As its just dribbling slightly out of there:confused:

Sparkie
30-05-2011, 18:38
if you pull off the fuel supply pipe to carb, and turn the key on. fuel should come through the pipe.
you could have a dodgy fuel pump relay.

w35ty
30-05-2011, 19:59
i know its playing up because sometimes i carnt here it but when i have a mess with it it works.. but even then it dont fire up.. theres been fuel coming out the pipe.. i took the carb top off and there wasnt alot in wher ethe float is..

dunno if its the carb thats f**ked??

Sparkie
31-05-2011, 00:04
it should come out of the feed pipe at a fair old rate.....

w35ty
01-06-2011, 23:02
It comes out from the regulator feed pipe fast enough.. Just where does it get sent through the carb.. As when i look down inside i can see tiny bits dribble out of the small bronzey looking pipe facing down to the bottom
Of the carb.. Should it come out of there alot or?:confused:

Sparkie
02-06-2011, 13:45
it shouldnt come out of there, unless you press the accelerator. - it should come out in one squirt.

w35ty
02-06-2011, 18:12
thats what i mean when i give it some throttle it dont come out alot really not enough anyways i dont think