PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why

elmof1
28-05-2011, 23:17
Now some of the projects on this forum are amazing; but does
Anyone else think at times " why did I start this project"?

I'm having one of these moments tonight; staring at a bare shell thinking, I really want to drive my r5:rolleyes:

5alldaway
28-05-2011, 23:26
totally know how you feel, the projects the members are doing really make me crave for another 5, but then i think of the money required to have a project and i feel all good again having sold up

but why do i keep looking on ebay for a gtt from time to time :(

Bigfoot
28-05-2011, 23:53
But when you get that engine firing up for the first time, or you start sorting out all the smaller things and the end is in sight it just makes it all worthwhile, apart from need to rush to finish the last bits to get it ready by ND. Completing things for MOT and not for looks at the moment or working items, stupid electrics :(

philr5t
29-05-2011, 00:21
I felt the same way when mine was a bare shell mate and 11 months later of hard work hours and determination I now have my 5 fully road legal and love it to pieces and could not have asked for it to be any better keep going mate it's well worth it :agree:

Andrew Cooke
29-05-2011, 01:09
every time someone asks if I'm racing this year...

Adey aka Ewok
29-05-2011, 05:24
every time someone asks if I'm racing this year...

Had a quick chat with mr Hobbs and he said he hadn't seen you compete for about 3 years now? Should get climbing again some quick cars to run against now

Andrew Cooke
29-05-2011, 08:31
Had a quick chat with mr Hobbs and he said he hadn't seen you compete for about 3 years now? Should get climbing again some quick cars to run against now

not tin tops there aren't, and it's not since 2006....

Adey aka Ewok
29-05-2011, 10:58
thats ages, tin tops? is that a class? i had a flick through the book when i was last there but all the classes are by numbers?

Andrew Cooke
29-05-2011, 11:17
thats ages, tin tops? is that a class? i had a flick through the book when i was last there but all the classes are by numbers?
it used to be modified production saloons up to 2L, 2B maybe? Not sure what the class is called now as it's been shuffled around

djinuk
29-05-2011, 12:35
looks on the bright side, r5s are small very easy and hold there money.

think about all these poor buggers slogging away on projects that are full of wiring and complicated crap, r5s are great.

Andrew Cooke
29-05-2011, 12:52
looks on the bright side, r5s are small very easy and hold there money.

think about all these poor buggers slogging away on projects that are full of wiring and complicated crap, r5s are great.

LOL, you can't imagine the wiring and crap I'm dreaming up for mine, and it holds money about as well as my incinerator :cry: