PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts

royz
27-05-2011, 20:27
can anyone suggest a after market engine mount or are they no better than the standard one. found mine spilt today (gearbox) luckely a mate had a brand new one sat on the shelf. he started laughing saying how he used to do these all the time on the 5's clios and 21's and that who put the thought in my head.

Woznaldo
02-06-2011, 10:04
I think there used to be a company called Pearl that manufactured engine mounts that were stiffer than std?

As for the rear mount, have a look in the group buy section at Scoff's uprated rear mount. ;)

Bigfoot
02-06-2011, 10:37
I think there used to be a company called Pearl that manufactured engine mounts that were stiffer than std?

As for the rear mount, have a look in the group buy section at Scoff's uprated rear mount. ;)

Pearl did do the engine mounts, but are not available from them any more, so best bet is to find old stock somewhere at a company, saying that the firstline ones seem quite stiff as well as a couple of people have gone for those.

Sam Fish
02-06-2011, 11:40
Apparently the rear is the same used on the Renault spider - albeit uprated rubber to the same as GT Turbo 'coupe' spec.
Try the Alpine forums to see if anyone has one, or gets them made....?