PDA

View Full Version : Biggest brakes under standard alloys?

stuTHC
27-05-2011, 12:31
As per title- THC is off the road this year for a bit of light modification- 285 cam, head work and a GT28R to provide a little more 'shove' than standard. All basic stuff so I've no worries. One concern I will have though is stopping the thing once all this is done. Don't wanna lose the standard look of the car at all so I'm wondering what the biggest/best disc and caliper set up I can fit under a phase 1 alloy?? Suggestions please you lovely people :)

Brigsy
27-05-2011, 12:35
Decent pads in the standard calipers mate, you know it makes sense ;)

Mart
27-05-2011, 12:43
Here we go again :wasntme:

stuTHC
27-05-2011, 13:00
Here we go again :wasntme:

Yeah, well, I couldn't be arsed doing a boards search, it's a faff on my phone. Besides, eveytime I do a search I just get results with some vid of a cyclist and a caravan!!

Mart
27-05-2011, 13:02
:laugh:

No mate, I meant I thought it was already well known that o.e discs & decent pads is all that's needed?

Just ask PhilG... ;) :D

markey b
27-05-2011, 13:13
the OE ones clip my wheel weights on standard wheels, so i think they are as big as you can go

the hispecs on my other car are almost as big as the standard speedlines however :laugh:

stuTHC
27-05-2011, 13:25
I wouldnt say 'well known'. I suspected there wouldn't be a lot of options, and as in most case with these cars- std items been the best one. Just wondered if there was a cheeky little alternative I hadn't heard about.
std ankers it's is then- for road and show use anyway. Might switch to a bigger set up under bigger wheels for track days.