PDA

View Full Version : RTOC Summer Holiday 09

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-11-2008, 20:29
Well over the last year we have had a few jollys abroad, many beers & Steaks consumed! The best bit have been the laughs and stories along the way...

We have often talked about a "group holiday", well now lads time to think abit more and make a group holiday happen.

Now i have texted alot of the Ring regulars (forgive me if i forgot you) and so far the feedback i have recieved is positive.

I was thinking about 4-7 nights away in June/July time, all inclusive means free drinks :)

Know then the problem is... Where? When exactly..

Is it worth us getting a Large villia or 2 for us all of us or just go to a hotel complex?

Idea's people... we need ideas? Anybody been anywhere they liked? Recommend anywhere? Know a Travel Agent?

Bearing in mind we want to try and do this on a budget etc etc...

Guybrush
10-11-2008, 21:31
Well if it was an RTOC Golf Holiday, i know a cheap place near Exeter. :)

tonesGTT
11-11-2008, 09:22
Well if it was an RTOC Golf Holiday, i know a cheap place near Exeter. :)

Fingle Glen Gordon?!

Mart
11-11-2008, 09:30
Shoppers, you talking UK or abroad?

If UK, Newquay ftw.

Guybrush
11-11-2008, 10:10
Fingle Glen Gordon?!

Ashbury Golf Hotel in Okehampton.

Me & my mates go every year for a few days... £220 for 3 nights and 4 days golfing, full board, so all you gotta pay for are buggies and beer.

Bigfoot
11-11-2008, 12:11
Ashbury Golf Hotel in Okehampton.

Me & my mates go every year for a few days... £220 for 3 nights and 4 days golfing, full board, so all you gotta pay for are buggies and beer.

Thats if your into Golf :crap:

Guybrush
11-11-2008, 12:13
Thats if your into Golf :crap:

Yeah, i think Golfing holidays are only for people into golf. Its kind of implied. :p:p:p

Ashy
11-11-2008, 12:41
Poland FTW :)

Lomo
11-11-2008, 12:44
What about a trip to France? Incorporating a trip to Dieppe etc. Find out some good Renault historical facts/buildings and visit them etc...And have a holiday at the same time..

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-11-2008, 17:33
Its got to be abroad... somewhere warm, sun, sand & s.....:D

Some of us went to south of France in the summer, was great playing on the beach, going to the water park etc... Let alone lots of F*nny around!!

Big Steve - Raider
11-11-2008, 19:31
How about Margate Shoppers??

That way no-one will become homesick........ :scared:

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-11-2008, 19:47
How about Margate Shoppers??

That way no-one will become homesick........ :scared:

Lol that will be me... Even so the drive home with Charlotte was fun... 100+ on the french motorways all the way home... god only knows how many speed cameras i set off... at least charlotte wasn't car sick on the way home... she wernt to pleased that i didnt slow down as she was being sick on the way out there. :D

Adam L
11-11-2008, 19:57
I'm supposed to be going away around the same time next year, but if I have the money for two holidays, i'll be up for it.

Definatley needs to be sun, sand, sexy slags and booze:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
11-11-2008, 21:18
Definatley needs to be sun, sand, sexy slags and booze:agree:

That sounds like a hoilday from heaven mate:D:)

raj
11-11-2008, 21:38
how about driving down to monaco.?or is that too far for folks?

what about switzerland.? i hear theres alot of good driving roads over there?

Big Steve - Raider
11-11-2008, 21:57
how about driving down to monaco.?or is that too far for folks?

what about switzerland.? i hear theres alot of good driving roads over there?

:scared: :sad2: Never Again....

J$£5GTT
11-11-2008, 21:58
is it gona be a driving holiday or catch a plane??
sun,sea an all that....SLAGS AN BEER!!!!:D:laugh:

car.crash
11-11-2008, 22:01
Poland FTW :)

you will be lonely over there as they all migrated to ealing.

Mart
11-11-2008, 22:02
Done the Monte Carlo trip last year, via Nurburgring, then Stelvio Pass. Awesome, awesome road-trip, but damn, we did clock up some miles! Worth it though, as blatting through the Alpine tunnels, driving to the top & then down the other side of Stelvio, doing a 'lap' of the Monte Carlo grand prix circuit, and then cruising along the French Riviera to Port Grimaud/St Tropez was absolutely top darts.

Best. Holiday. Ever. :)

A few pic's (literally!) in this thread: http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=38

raj
11-11-2008, 22:32
:scared: :sad2: Never Again....

whys that then steve..?

mart seemed to like it.

im going to be driving over to milano sometime next year and i wouldnt mind going via stevio pass to milano, and from looking at this info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_Pass) im all game for it :cool:

the highest ive ever drove is at rohtang pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohtang_pass) but i very much doubt that will be the choice for a club outting :laugh:

minty83
11-11-2008, 22:33
no cars, no tents.
somewhere outside the uk where its hot...beach would be nice.. cheap food cheap drinks... went to latvia last year no beach but made up for it in other ways..

Adam L
11-11-2008, 22:52
you will be lonely over there as they all migrated to ealing.

:laugh:

At least you're assuming they're going to leave at some point...

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-11-2008, 09:41
I have to agree the European tour that a few of us did last year was great, but bloody hard driving, camping etc etc.

I was thinking flying somewhere hot... somewhere nice where we can all relax and not have to drive etc...

Mart
12-11-2008, 09:56
I have to agree the European tour that a few of us did last year was great, but bloody hard driving, camping etc etc.

:sad2:

No point trying to get you guys along to Glastonbury next year then...

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-11-2008, 10:39
:sad2:

No point trying to get you guys along to Glastonbury next year then...

Never done a music Fest b4, might be tempted to go. :-)

Misky
12-11-2008, 11:32
Well if a music fest is an idea, I will be working at leeds festival behind one of the many bars! :P

Its over aug bank hol so no need to book time off in work. And there would be plenty of free beers! :beer::beer::beer:

Just an idea.

Mart
12-11-2008, 11:53
Never done a music Fest b4, might be tempted to go. :-)

Need to get yourself registered if you're up for it. It's a badical few days away, if you don't mind roughing it a bit :)

millie
12-11-2008, 13:06
I'd be up for the Reading or Leeds festival (i think I would have to try and persuade Steve though!) not sure regarding the holiday front?!

Duncan Grier
12-11-2008, 15:31
Done the Monte Carlo trip last year, via Nurburgring, then Stelvio Pass. Awesome, awesome road-trip, but damn, we did clock up some miles! Worth it though, as blatting through the Alpine tunnels, driving to the top & then down the other side of Stelvio, doing a 'lap' of the Monte Carlo grand prix circuit, and then cruising along the French Riviera to Port Grimaud/St Tropez was absolutely top darts.

Best. Holiday. Ever. :)

A few pic's (literally!) in this thread: http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=38

Just updated that thread - agree with Mart and Steve :D brilliant but loooongg drive :( between the great stuff

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-11-2008, 20:25
So any ideas on holiday abroad peeps?