PDA

View Full Version : cheap renewals wtf?

Adey aka Ewok
26-05-2011, 21:13
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?574107-RTOC-National-Day-at-Mallory-Park-Satruday-4th-of-June&p=7754958#post7754958

not sure if anyone can see this but im abit disapointed with the fact this chap (adam anderton) is asking for a cheap renewal as his membership has lapsed, please tell me that hes going to be paying full price?

Trevhib
26-05-2011, 21:34
Can't see that if you're not a member?

Adey aka Ewok
26-05-2011, 21:35
ahh so the chap will pay to be a member there but not here unless a track day is coming up cheap :rolleyes:

Adey aka Ewok
26-05-2011, 21:36
Club Member http://www.cliosport.net/forum/customavatars/avatar38185_3.gif (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?38185-AdamAnderton)
Join DateApr 2008LocationNW, warringtonPosts931CarMk1 F4Rhttp://www.cliosport.net/forum/images/misc/im_msn.gif (javascript://)
Re: RTOC National Day at Mallory Park Satruday 4th of June

sexychrissmith my membership over on rtoc ran out a few months back ( ive been a member for 2 years and would like to get it for the lower price), ive sent a pm to the admin and no one has got back to me about it and i think the price for mallory goes up by £10 tomorrow and i would like to sort it out asap

Robbo
26-05-2011, 21:39
imho this cheap renewal business is bullsh1t. if ya forget to renew then tough.

i bet he would

D4WNO
26-05-2011, 21:39
Oh nah, Chris misinformed him and Clee said no way lol. He'll be paying the same as everyone else :) I know this as I saw it on Cliosport and queried it myself and Clee told Chris off :laugh:

D4WNO
26-05-2011, 21:40
imho this cheap renewal business is bullsh1t. if ya forget to renew then tough.

i bet he would

This post isn't about the membership renewal, he wanted to buy a track ticket for the price before it went up but that's not happening - I think they crossed their wires somewhere

Matt Cole
27-05-2011, 00:09
Who's 'sexichrissmith' ?!:eek:

Adey aka Ewok
27-05-2011, 07:39
Ahh that's ok then reads as if he wants the cheap renewal, my bad :ashamed:

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-05-2011, 08:25
Adam used to be an rtoc member, but his membership ran out....

You wouldnt believe how many people email me saying the same... they want to rejoin for £10....

Now this is something that has happened in the past, on the home page we even have a link for rejoinin members....

The exact rules on this is unclear, i have told adam if he wants to on track he can for £95...

He also had the link to club shop to buy his ticket & clees email.... we did offer a group discount to cliosport...but not enough members were interested (think 10 at £85)

I think from 1st of june if you dont renewal in time you have to pay £25, the club are looking into an auto-renewal to help people to remember....

5teve L
27-05-2011, 08:34
Adam used to be an rtoc member, but his membership ran out....

You wouldnt believe how many people email me saying the same... they want to rejoin for £10....

Now this is something that has happened in the past, on the home page we even have a link for rejoinin members....

The exact rules on this is unclear, i have told adam if he wants to on track he can for £95...

He also had the link to club shop to buy his ticket & clees email.... we did offer a group discount to cliosport...but not enough members were interested (think 10 at £85)

I think from 1st of june if you dont renewal in time you have to pay £25, the club are looking into an auto-renewal to help people to remember....

Pretty sure it was telling me I needed to renew before I did, I managed it ok... :coffee:

James5
27-05-2011, 08:44
I've just renewed rtoc has being telling me for last 14+ days when my renewal will expire so plenty of time to sort it out really:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-05-2011, 09:05
Just out of interest did you get an email to remind you???

I reckon i get 5 or so emails a week saying people forgot to renewalll sometimes only a couple of days... sometimes months/years....

Bigfoot
27-05-2011, 09:39
email is sent 3 days before the renewal and then 2 days before, maybe have it send a bit earlier if possible if decide to stop putting it down to the lower amount.

Hoolio
27-05-2011, 09:44
I think a window of time should be decided upon and kept to. Not sure what happens now but maybe automatic email reminders, along with the banner a couple of weeks before, on the day and then maybe two weeks later as a final reminder.

James5
27-05-2011, 09:53
Just out of interest did you get an email to remind you???

I reckon i get 5 or so emails a week saying people forgot to renewalll sometimes only a couple of days... sometimes months/years....

Yeah I had a few emails saying it was needing renewal:agree:

Ian S
28-05-2011, 00:45
I think from 1st of june if you dont renewal in time you have to pay £25, the club are looking into an auto-renewal to help people to remember....We do actually want to have members in this club.

The renewals rate has HALVED over the last two years as it is without making sure no-one rejoins who is slightly lapsed, or an ex-member, by asking them to pay £25 again!

For many many years we've just reactivated an ex-members account and charged them the renewal price instead of setting up a new account and sending a new members pack.

Auto renew was an idea to stop current memberships lapsing unless the members selected to not auto renew. As far as I and Scoff can tell, we are not able to implement such a feature.

Adey aka Ewok
28-05-2011, 07:30
then it needs to set at a flat rate renewal and new members or all ex members get a set price if they lapse, has to be the same for everyone or people will get pissed

Ian S
28-05-2011, 11:19
It is and always has been.

Currently £10 renewal.

The bloke on Cliosport was saying that he wanted to renew for £10 and not £25. £25 is not the renewal fee, £10 is the renewal fee.

Adey aka Ewok
28-05-2011, 11:49
25 is new members fee but at what point do you stop being a member? If I didn't renew on time and came back 2 months later I should be made to pay 25.

Trevhib
29-05-2011, 19:38
25 is new members fee but at what point do you stop being a member? If I didn't renew on time and came back 2 months later I should be made to pay 25.

I used to think the same. Now I'm of the opinion that if you're new to the club then you should pay an RTOC 'member for life' joining fee (£25 as it is currently). From there, no matter whether or not your membership is contiguous, you're always welcome to pay £10 for every 12months period thereafter you wish to have your RTOC account active.

This might encourage old hands to come back (such as if they end up with a GTT again after a few years break), and would also take all the stress out of the 'I didn't see the renewal reminder emails as I was stoned in Amsterdam for a month solid' situation.

I agree with Ian. We do actually want members here.

JRP
13-12-2011, 19:56
Point to be raised... if loyal, genuine members forget or are not about for a month or so and it expires, £25 to renew is a fecking piss take, id be utterly offended if i forgot and had to cough up £25 for the amount of years ive payed my subs... take this into consideration.

Junglist
13-12-2011, 20:21
i missed my renewal a couple of years back and paid the 25 again ,,
i agree with paying only £10 if you miss the date now.

maybe a limit of 12 months after expiry then to full price again ??
there defo needs to be something set in stone

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-12-2011, 20:59
You would be amazed how often i get people saying my membership ran out 4 or 5 years ago, can i rejoin for £10.

When people forget by a week or so i dont mind (some people only log onto rtoc every now & then & may use old email address's so may forget)

I think its best to get £10 from old members rather than them not bothering & just using the general boards...

Most only rejoin to have a chat anyway, or look at the technical boards... Or to sell there car/parts & then leave rtoc anyway

Scoff
14-12-2011, 00:59
maybe a limit of 12 months after expiry then to full price again ??
there defo needs to be something set in stone

that seems like a fair policy to adopt.

gttjames
16-12-2011, 10:18
I used to think the same. Now I'm of the opinion that if you're new to the club then you should pay an RTOC 'member for life' joining fee (£25 as it is currently). From there, no matter whether or not your membership is contiguous, you're always welcome to pay £10 for every 12months period thereafter you wish to have your RTOC account active.

This might encourage old hands to come back (such as if they end up with a GTT again after a few years break), and would also take all the stress out of the 'I didn't see the renewal reminder emails as I was stoned in Amsterdam for a month solid' situation.

I agree with Ian. We do actually want members here.

agree

25 joining fee, then 10 every year you want to be a member

W24GGA
18-12-2011, 13:24
Just a quick question, when do you know when your membership runs out? Do you get in contact?
cheers Danny

andybond
24-12-2011, 01:38
A popup appears and in RED along the top of hte page something like MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES in X DAYS ..

Cant miss it really ..