PDA

View Full Version : Might have to sell my car :(

5teve L
18-05-2011, 15:09
Work has really taken off lately & so I'm finding I need a bigger van with a bigger reach & wash system (http://www.ionicsystems.com/), been offered a 2 pole system & some extra work by my old boss for a grand + my old van & system as he is down-sizing. Thing is this means I'm still needing a van, something along the lines of an expert/transporter ideally but a vivaro or transit would do the job equally as well.
So basically I will be needing to find £2500+ depending on what van I get & if Mr. bank manager won't play ball the car will have to go, gutted but not sure what else I can do :cry:

5teve L
18-05-2011, 15:32
& after my plea to the RTOC gods.... a mate rings me with a trade in V reg Expert from main dealer, £950 :D

The new Bill J
18-05-2011, 17:08
& After My Plea To The Rtoc Gods.... A Mate Rings Me With A Trade In V Reg Expert From Main Dealer, £950 :d

Win! :D

dave j gtt
18-05-2011, 17:19
Bang tidy... he got any more nice vans :wasntme:

5teve L
18-05-2011, 19:11
Win! :D
Made my day :cooter:

Nayls
18-05-2011, 22:22
My mate does that reach and wash round this area! :D he tows huge container of water and his pipes with a hyundai coupe!

makes a tidy sum from it too!

dangerous dave
18-05-2011, 22:30
how long till the cliosport boys start rinsing the cars off with a pure water feed system..:p

benj88
19-05-2011, 00:55
What do you do mate? Are you a mobile valeter?

bod 182
19-05-2011, 06:45
how long till the cliosport boys start rinsing the cars off with a pure water feed system..:p
Hows your 182 clio dave BTW O yeah its your mums yeah right:p

dangerous dave
19-05-2011, 07:51
Hows your 182 clio dave BTW O yeah its your mums yeah right:p

That's why I don't wash it with 2 buckets. I got a great deal when I bought my Clio 182. Mum paid for it, insures it and borrows it when I'm not using it lol. She's done less miles in the Clio, fact. :P

The Clios been awesome, great car, great engine..

5teve L
19-05-2011, 08:34
I use it on my car actually, comes up spotless mate.

What do you do mate? Are you a mobile valeter?
Nah, I own my own cleaning firm, mainly commercial window cleaning.

5teve L
19-05-2011, 08:36
My mate does that reach and wash round this area! :D he tows huge container of water and his pipes with a hyundai coupe!

makes a tidy sum from it too!
I got nowhere to put a trailer & some pikey would nick it no doubt, sod leaving 5k's worth of gear out on a trailer :crap:
& yeah, money is pretty good once you build up a round, I'm just getting to the stage of where I need to think about employing someone.

TrixNFlix
19-05-2011, 09:01
That's why I don't wash it with 2 buckets. I got a great deal when I bought my Clio 182. Mum paid for it, insures it and borrows it when I'm not using it lol. She's done less miles in the Clio, fact. :P

The Clios been awesome, great car, great engine..

Still mummy's car though! :cooter::laugh:

J$£5GTT
19-05-2011, 21:42
i used to know someone who was a 'ringer' for a one armed window cleaner..
:D:cooter:

IANMM
19-05-2011, 21:59
dont you ave to use as a special water (deionised) my mate had a whole filtration set up to produce his own.....

its all about the cash money :)

5teve L
19-05-2011, 22:50
dont you ave to use as a special water (deionised) my mate had a whole filtration set up to produce his own.....

its all about the cash money :)
Yeah, got all that, 5 filter with a reverse osmosis system, 45ft carbon pole & a couple of smaller ones, 1000l tank, yadda yadda

dangerous dave
19-05-2011, 23:25
when i was still in school i worked with a window cleaner, helping and doing.. im pretty sure this was when the first pure feed systems came into play.. the boss had the hi ace fitted out with a massive tank, all the floor was covered in resin or something, all the tanks, filters etc were all around the sides of the van.. it was unreal..

i went to the place building it all and they got the gear out to test for impurities in water.. there garden tap had 500 or so, out the pure feed system 8:cool: and that was most likely from the outlet pipe..

cleaning you car with its a win, streak free everytime, no drying:D

bod 182
20-05-2011, 06:50
Dave from what hear your still holding a ladder arent there any promotion propects to move up that ladder:laugh:

IANMM
20-05-2011, 06:55
Yeah, got all that, 5 filter with a reverse osmosis system, 45ft carbon pole & a couple of smaller ones, 1000l tank, yadda yadda

god yeah its all comming back now me mate bored me so much of reverse osmosis and how it worked.......YYAAWWNNN lol

5teve L
20-05-2011, 08:27
when i was still in school i worked with a window cleaner, helping and doing.. im pretty sure this was when the first pure feed systems came into play.. the boss had the hi ace fitted out with a massive tank, all the floor was covered in resin or something, all the tanks, filters etc were all around the sides of the van.. it was unreal..

i went to the place building it all and they got the gear out to test for impurities in water.. there garden tap had 500 or so, out the pure feed system 8:cool: and that was most likely from the outlet pipe..

cleaning you car with its a win, streak free everytime, no drying:D
Thats the kiddie Dave, mine comes out the tap around 300, goes in the tank between 10-30 depending on pressure & comes out after the resin @ 0.

Going to look at the van later so fingers crossed it's what I need :agree:

dangerous dave
20-05-2011, 16:13
Dave from what hear your still holding a ladder arent there any promotion propects to move up that ladder:laugh:

If my feet would only stay on the ground... Sadly I have to go up these ladder and onto roofs, sometimes right to the ridge. :(