PDA

View Full Version : Just over 2 weeks to go...

D4WNO
18-05-2011, 11:01
So with only 2 weeks and 3 days to go until National Day, how many of you are still working on your cars? :laugh:

James5
18-05-2011, 11:04
So with only 2 weeks and 3 days to go until National Day, how many of you are still working on your cars? :laugh:

:laugh: :scared::wasntme: Had a good running C1J in the 5 and this week I decided to pull it out and do an F7p turbo conversion into the 5 and plan is to be up and running and drive it mallory park early Saturday AM. If anyone see's me on the hard shoulder on route give me a toot :laugh: that's if i make it that far:scared:

Logg
18-05-2011, 11:15
My car will get there but with what turbo that's the issue. I've done all I can it's now in the hands of the fabricators. :crap:

Adey aka Ewok
18-05-2011, 11:39
Mines driving but not ready for track, not got any dash working and front and rear sus needs to come off and be rebuilt

BriC
18-05-2011, 11:59
Faaaark.. it's that close!? Haven't even bought my tickets yet! I presume you can buy them on the gate?

Wallace
18-05-2011, 13:16
MOT tmrw:scared: :D

Few niggles but still intending on a few laps:burnrubber:

Wallace
18-05-2011, 13:22
:laugh: :scared::wasntme: Had a good running C1J in the 5 and this week I decided to pull it out and do an F7p turbo conversion into the 5 and plan is to be up and running and drive it mallory park early Saturday AM. If anyone see's me on the hard shoulder on route give me a toot :laugh: that's if i make it that far:scared:

Ahhh right!! - So your doing in 2 weeks what has taken me near on 2 years:wasntme::wasntme:

Quality James:agree: Good luck mate:agree:

paul b
18-05-2011, 15:23
I keep walking past the garage door, I might go in and check the tyre pressures before National Day,, :cooter:

Tent's,Beer,BBQ in the kitchen already to be loaded up...
Note to self, get over to Clee to get tickets,:ashamed:

Markey Mark (BD)
18-05-2011, 16:33
I have one working C1J 5 that could come in, would rather drive the 16v 5 up but just got to do welding (saturday), fit springs and the MOT it. :D

B18ft 5 won't make it this year.

spinner
18-05-2011, 16:51
I have one working C1J 5 that could come in, would rather drive the 16v 5 up but just got to do welding (saturday), fit springs and the MOT it. :D

B18ft 5 won't make it this year.

Mark when is the b18ft going to be done then? And i thought you said you wouldnt have another c1j 5 anymore due to it having that nasty thing called a carb on there :D

Markey Mark (BD)
18-05-2011, 16:56
Mark when is the b18ft going to be done then? And i thought you said you wouldnt have another c1j 5 anymore due to it having that nasty thing called a carb on there :D

I've had major set backs with the flywheel recently, slowly back on track as been itching to get the engine in, plan is Pod Day and the Outlaw shootout for the B18ft mate

I know i know!:laugh: I sold the Passat and done deal with 2 cars, bits and money, i mainly got it to use for little while then sell on again.

spinner
18-05-2011, 17:03
I've had major set backs with the flywheel recently, slowly back on track as been itching to get the engine in, plan is Pod Day and the Outlaw shootout for the B18ft mate

I know i know!:laugh: I sold the Passat and done deal with 2 cars, bits and money, i mainly got it to use for little while then sell on again.

I'll let you off then mate if your only using it for a little while :D

BluntyR5GTT
18-05-2011, 17:19
well we are not far off with my car now engine is all built up ready to go in, then on that
side its a case of setting the boost and the fuelling up bang on just waiting on the correct 2mm needle off german ebay fella :agree:.
replaced front passenger wheel bearing only to find that the inner spigot is worn out so had get a replacement, decided to also get a brand new set of ball joints and track rod ends whilst the hubs are off.
will be back on my drive by next week so bring on nat day :smokin:

Brigsy
18-05-2011, 17:19
I shouldn't curse this, but touch wood im ready to go and have been for the last couple of weeks:D

Alex
18-05-2011, 17:24
I've an oil cooler kit on order which I'm hoping to fit before the day. Failing that I'll just change the oil, check the fluids and tyre pressures, load the car up and away I go! :cool:

warpspeed
18-05-2011, 17:35
Crx is pretty much ready, just need to hope I get back from Dubai in time! Everythings crossed! Lol

bigdur
18-05-2011, 19:12
Wish I could attend but we have a baby due on the 25th so I've a feeling I'll be busy...

D4WNO
18-05-2011, 19:14
Wish I could attend but we have a baby due on the 25th so I've a feeling I'll be busy...

Kids are welcome along, they even get in free :agree::laugh:

bigdur
18-05-2011, 19:16
Great, I'll just ask the wife. :)

bigdur
18-05-2011, 19:16
She said no. :dearme:
:laugh:

D4WNO
18-05-2011, 19:18
:laugh:

bod 182
18-05-2011, 21:10
clio went monday bringing the scooby new brake discs,yellowstuff pads and braided brake lines and wash saturday:) ready to roll

Gttnutter
19-05-2011, 15:14
Rear caliper and mot and I'm there, if not I'll either get a lift off someone local or bring my van, it's a Renault so still counts :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2011, 16:24
:eek:.....just gotta roll the cup car out..test it a wee bit....:D, clean the plugs no doubt..:laugh:, then get the dad mobile fuelled up and then give sadie {the wife} , my megane 225 keys.......:eek::eek::eek::eek:...:laugh:, then pray her and olivia dont wreck the interior in one day...:laugh: and that the cup holds out as due to my daughter its not been used for allmost ten months.......:cry::laugh:

Mr Raider
19-05-2011, 18:09
Tidy up Raider, oil change, wash, tyre pressures etc... :)

Or pull my finger out getting the 11 turbo :ashamed:, mot, tax and magic tree and she's good to go also!

Alastair
19-05-2011, 18:23
:eek:.....just gotta roll the cup car out..test it a wee bit....:D, clean the plugs no doubt..:laugh:, then get the dad mobile fuelled up and then give sadie {the wife} , my megane 225 keys.......:eek::eek::eek::eek:...:laugh:, then pray her and olivia dont wreck the interior in one day...:laugh: and that the cup holds out as due to my daughter its not been used for allmost ten months.......:cry::laugh:

If testing is anything like our little farm track 'test' then take your spare pants Jeez!:laugh: I am such a girl in the passenger seat...!

Which one of the 'fleet' are you taking ;):agree:

Track time and some shake down in August m8 ?

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2011, 19:23
If testing is anything like our little farm track 'test' then take your spare pants Jeez!:laugh: I am such a girl in the passenger seat...!

Which one of the 'fleet' are you taking ;):agree:

Track time and some shake down in August m8 ?

hi al`........:D, mate she should go well..... if .. i mean if dans pulls his finger out i may take the black cup...:), the brakes are gettin a lookin over next week so it could be tight...:laugh:, if not the rowan needs some thrashing...:wasntme::devil:, ill reply to your pm in a bit bud, as for the track time in august bud.... off course , find us a place and lets get it booked my friend...:agree::agree::agree:

paul b
19-05-2011, 20:19
I keep walking past the garage door, I might go in and check the tyre pressures before National Day,, :cooter:

Tent's,Beer,BBQ in the kitchen already to be loaded up...
Note to self, get over to Clee to get tickets,:ashamed:

Tickets sorted,,, :)
2 track, 4 for camping...

paul b
19-05-2011, 20:20

Jesus,
clean the plugs no doubt..:laugh:

don't mind doing em HOT again, LOL

Alastair
19-05-2011, 20:36
Jesus,
hi al`........:D, mate she should go well..... if .. i mean if dans pulls his finger out i may take the black cup...:), the brakes are gettin a lookin over next week so it could be tight...:laugh:, if not the rowan needs some thrashing...:wasntme::devil:, ill reply to your pm in a bit bud, as for the track time in august bud.... off course , find us a place and lets get it booked my friend...:agree::agree::agree:

The brakes should be easy to sort for Dan, basics in his line of work :laugh: . Rach says hello too! I'll look into an August track day, and perhaps be dong the Tyneside stages in late June...

Have a good ND every one!

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-05-2011, 19:05
Jesus,
clean the plugs no doubt..:laugh:

don't mind doing em HOT again, LOL

cheers paul...i did think of you when writting that...:laugh:, maybe youll be needed again at this rate....:D:laugh:.

Al if ya can organise something that would be great mate....:agree:

looking forward to nat day...its been too long since ive seen you lot!!!!!!:)

paul b
20-05-2011, 21:18
Always welcome Matey...
you helped me by removing my fingerprints, when I got lifted they couldn't prove anything...:cooter:
I said "It's all Jesus's fault" and I got a free room with a lovely wrap round jacket for the night :smokin:;)

dangerous dave
20-05-2011, 22:57
Always welcome Matey...
you helped me by removing my fingerprints, when I got lifted they couldn't prove anything...:cooter:
I said "It's all Jesus's fault" and I got a free room with a lovely wrap round jacket for the night :smokin:;)

i thought i could hear you in the next room..

dave r5
20-05-2011, 23:35
ive still got 2 bare blocks with no pistons in them.:(

gona be tight for me. need to build, run in and get mapped

f0xy
21-05-2011, 10:23
ive still got 2 bare blocks with no pistons in them.:(

gona be tight for me. need to build, run in and get mapped

Same for me, only got the block back yesterday :laugh:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/f0xy_2006/--%20The%20MK1/IMG_4930.jpg

Lomo
21-05-2011, 11:06
Jut ordered our tickets..and a cheeky little t-shirt for the win...:agree:

royz
21-05-2011, 20:38
just got to change the water for new and all done

Gttnutter
25-05-2011, 19:56
The 5 passed the mot today with no issues other than rear fog light which the fuse was removed for some reason or other.

Whilst i had the chance of a ramp i went to town with underseal and copper greasing the lines front to back, put my big discs back on, stripped and cleaned all calipers and a fresh brake fluid change.

At 1500 rpms the co was 1.45%vol (limit is 3.50%)so really pleased with that and with the afr showing spot on readings. the carb i got from glen is excellant.

looks like i'll be coming in my gtt afterall :agree:

bod 182
26-05-2011, 19:00
The 5 passed the mot today with no issues other than rear fog light which the fuse was removed for some reason or other.

Whilst i had the chance of a ramp i went to town with underseal and copper greasing the lines front to back, put my big discs back on, stripped and cleaned all calipers and a fresh brake fluid change.

At 1500 rpms the co was 1.45%vol (limit is 3.50%)so really pleased with that and with the afr showing spot on readings. the carb i got from glen is excellant.

looks like i'll be coming in my gtt afterall :agree:
You bringing your local plod along Rich for company:smokin:

Gttnutter
26-05-2011, 22:42
You bringing your local plod along Rich for company:smokin:

I was thinking of calling the copper up and inviting him along, i'm sure he'd have a right field day! On that subject..the car is staying the same. My suspension is in perfect working order f%ck the POlicee :smokin:

D4WNO
27-05-2011, 13:15
I'm vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery excited now, one week to go. Adam and I have a big night the day before in London so I'm expecting to be utterly hanging Saturday morning when I see you all, lovely

phase i 16 v turbo
27-05-2011, 13:18
Need to tax the van, lost the log book not very helpful, needs a set of dics and pads.