PDA

View Full Version : Attention mod/events organiser - Asda open day, free track time

djinuk
18-05-2011, 09:55
ok i managed to attend this a few years ago with a mate from the scooby owners club.

Its a day hosted by Asda on Aug 13th this year. Its a charity race day that usually invites , subaru, tvr, lotus and other owners clubs. Its invite and asda staff only, it consists of cars racing around brunters on the basis that you give passenger laps for £5 a pop which all goes to charity, burgers are £2.50 and asda clothes are on sale cheap, also twin engined go karts at £5 for 15 mins, basically its a dirt cheap epic day out.

Whats are the chances somebody could get hold of the organiser of this and maybe get invites for the club and maybe a few cars to get on track. Its honestly an amazing day.

Theres a link here to the clio sport, however i cant see whats said as its filtered on my pc.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?527379-On-Your-Marks-Asda-Charity-Trackday-Event-Sunday-15th-Aug-2010-Bruntingthorpe

searcing via google Asda on your marks 2011 brings up a lot of hits.

D4WNO
18-05-2011, 10:06
Looks like a really good event. Big Steve is the man to speak to :agree:

djinuk
18-05-2011, 10:19
glad you think so, ive dropped him a pm , id imagine if we were to get an invite we would have to act fast as most clubs have already had their invites and probably impress the organiser with some info on our local events, and silly quick cars etc.. He may read renault 5 (renault turbo) and immediately see lots of bodykitted ali-g stereo types.

D4WNO
18-05-2011, 10:31
Maybe we can send some smart photographs and mag features, Steve himself has some of his own he could send to support the application. Gotta be in it to win it :)

Alastair
18-05-2011, 13:22
I'll be back in the UK by then and will probably be available (on leave). I'd be happy for some free track time for the rally car in return for some 'ballast' in the passenger seat....!:laugh:

There are a few decent pics of us racing on my profile or search 'Royal Navy' or 'Royal Marines' in photobucket if you want some others, i think there are quite a few on there. I could always email some too.

I am sure old Jeezbus would be able to get one of his fleet out on track - free shakedown time mate ;););)

djinuk
18-05-2011, 13:33
sweet, that would be great, good to see there is some interest in this event..
lets face it , it could be a great annual get together (as once your invited one year it continues) but better still it costs the cost £0 nothing.. plus looks great as its for charity.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-05-2011, 14:23
I'd be up for this, passenger seat already fitted, and possibly a camera facing the passenger....! Hehehe!

Would be good to see you Ali.

Alastair
18-05-2011, 14:56
I'd be up for this, passenger seat already fitted, and possibly a camera facing the passenger....! Hehehe!

Would be good to see you Ali.

Yeah you too mate:) Which car were you thinking of taking? Could be quite a fun day/weekend out:agree:

I took some footage in car before i left the UK, I wanted to check the guages whilst at full chat without taking my eyes off the road, but having reviewed it i dont think it is suitable for utube :laugh: ...I'd forgotten i'd 180'd it a few times in the back lanes (hydraulic h'brake) to go back the other way... The new turbo is savage though, almost instant boost, would be good to post some footage up and compare notes on setup etc :smokin: I'll use the old airfield up the road when i get home next time:agree:...

How did the Code red team get on at the weekend? Is Ollie back on the track yet?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-05-2011, 15:32
I suppose the race Clio, or the sprint Clio.......;)
I only have a caged campus/gtt shell for a renault 5 now, and that's probably going up for sale now....:crap:

Big Steve - Raider
18-05-2011, 17:53
Looks like a good idea!

I can't find any details of the organiser? Plenty of hits on Google of other car clubs that are all over it but can't see who's organising it?

You got any contacts djinuk?

djinuk
18-05-2011, 22:12
Hey man, it's asda themselves whoorganises it dude, I don't have a name unfortunatly

djinuk
26-05-2011, 21:37
any news on this one dude ?

paul b
27-05-2011, 10:02
Big Steve, it is a large invite only event for charity, it has grown hugely over the last few years..
If you contact Meganechick on RenaultSport site or Sarah Simmonds on my facebook friends (same person) then I am sure she willdo all she can to help you with contacts for this.
;)

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst71721/On-Your-Marks-Asda-Event--Sunday-15th-Aug-2010--Bruntingthorpe/Default.aspx

Steve H
30-05-2011, 08:12
I'm pretty sure this will be filled by now, it's always pretty popular and well staffed with top-end cars. I don't think the Megane guys get out on track any more, just attend the event.

If I can get a longer diff for the Westfield I'm aiming on doing it again this year, last time I was up to max revs in 6th about 1/3 of the way down the back straight :wasntme:

djinuk
28-06-2011, 19:25
just a bump on this thread, obviously not for this year, but is it worth getting on this event ready for next year ?

djinuk
05-07-2011, 10:07
anything ?, any update..

We have recently been complaining about costs of events, and not making it back through ticket sales, and possibilities of not having funding to run events the following year etc.. yet here is the possibility of a free event yet no drive to actually get it?, im a little confused maybe. I know it may not be a open track with camping etc but its FREEEEEE.. at no cost to the club whatsoever and would serve as a nice meet and greet i feel.

Big Steve - Raider
05-07-2011, 11:12
anything ?, any update..

We have recently been complaining about costs of events, and not making it back through ticket sales, and possibilities of not having funding to run events the following year etc.. yet here is the possibility of a free event yet no drive to actually get it?, im a little confused maybe. I know it may not be a open track with camping etc but its FREEEEEE.. at no cost to the club whatsoever and would serve as a nice meet and greet i feel.

Unsurprisingly the day is oversubscribed by people wanting a free track-day & offering a few laps so no surprise I had no response to my enquiries.

The RTOC will not be attending this year.

djinuk
05-07-2011, 11:24
didnt imagine we would get in on it this year but i thought maybe the following years if limited to a number of cars maybe ?.

Anything free gets rammed now days, just look at rws and the amount of people there who appeared to actual have little to no interest at all in the cars actually there.