PDA

View Full Version : How do people mount their side exit exhaust ?

dave j gtt
17-05-2011, 17:04
I have had mine on an off my car a few time's now.

Just wondering if anyone else has any pictures or can give a description on how and with what yours is fix, to gain and have and idea if others have foind a solution to the problem i find.

When i can get out to take it off again i will take some pic's of how mine has been on in the past and will take some of its going to be Re-fit :)

I don't know if i am the only one to have a vibration issue. Mine currently has a rubber hagger on the side exit end, On the 90deg bend has one bolt lined up to go thru a hole already on the car :confused: I dont like this method and am about to sort mine so it aint going any were and has movement that it requires.

Dave :scratch: my bracket is a bit of over kill but the end result should be good :smokin:

Brigsy
17-05-2011, 17:08
Mines just fitted per the cotton reel hanger and side rubber, have no problems:confused:

Alan
17-05-2011, 17:36
Same here, just the cotton ruybber and the exhaust rubber at the end, although mine is now vibrating because i moved the downpipe, so it could be this

5teve L
17-05-2011, 17:37
Yeh cotton reel middle hanger, about £3 from halfords IIRC, it's a rubber bush with 2 bolts on it, one fixes to the car, the other to exhaust.

dangerous dave
17-05-2011, 17:39
as briggs says, i have had to use a bolt (loose) before, as the bracket on the exhaust was repaired and didn't fit with the old rubber.. it soon smashed the mounting point on the car to bits so i wouldn't advise it for more than a get you home..

if you could get a decent hanger mounted to the car and a better one on the exhaust it would be a winner.. the sideys just working with whats on offer aka one poxy bolt hole.. a full exhaust rubber will offer move movement and better support it you could be ar5ed to put in the effort:)

dave j gtt
17-05-2011, 17:40
I dont have one them, i geuss thats my problem :( i remember now you say from last time i tryed to figure out what i was missing.. Any one got a spare one ?

I still get some pics uploaded of what i got

Alan
17-05-2011, 17:45
Couple of quid from halfolds:agree:

dave j gtt
17-05-2011, 17:57
To be fair i might make a few of what i made up.

It is a clamp that go's round exhaust having two hanging point on it, I am having 2 rubber mounts either side.

Pretty much the same as exhausts fitted on modern cars hidden up in the tunnel, To help allow movement back an forth and side to side.

:cool:

bigdur
17-05-2011, 18:16
To be fair i might make a few of what i made up.

It is a clamp that go's round exhaust having two hanging point on it, I am having 2 rubber mounts either side.

Pretty much the same as exhausts fitted on modern cars hidden up in the tunnel, To help allow movement back an forth and side to side.

:cool:

Sounds good to me, I've been having issues with my side mount too. :agree: