PDA

View Full Version : Main Beam

Bigfoot
16-05-2011, 14:31
Before I try and get a new wiper stalk in, im thinking it might actually be a relay which is not keeping my main beam on, pulling the stalk back flashes the main beam but does not stay on. Any clues on what to look for, also what relay is for the rear wiper as not working, but not worried about that at the moment as main thing is to get this car complete for MOT and ND :) thank you

tiff_lee
16-05-2011, 15:45
Does it click when you pull it back switching from dipped to full?

Bigfoot
16-05-2011, 16:01
Does it click when you pull it back switching from dipped to full?

I seem to think it was clicking when pulling back, but think I know what you mean as you can get it to flash if you dont pull it back so much, so if thats the case it will be the lever if its not clicking I guessing, working on car tonight so can double check that

tiff_lee
16-05-2011, 19:16
Mine is the opposite it wont flash however if I pull all the way back it clicks and switches from dipped to full!

SCHWARTZ
16-05-2011, 20:15
mine is the same as lees cant flash but can get it to stay on constantly. the click feels funny tho if that makes sense which makes me think mine is a stalk prob but not too bothered really.

tiff_lee
16-05-2011, 22:46
The click feels like it is switching/latching

Bigfoot
16-05-2011, 23:17
Yeah, not properly clicking, so after a stalk now, means taking apart the dash and lowering the column down again. All great fun, just want it on the road now

tiff_lee
17-05-2011, 22:24
You could test with a meter across the output to see if the stalk has 'switched' over from dipped to full but as you say if it isn't clicking ill guess it is only staying switched while you hold it and not latching in place.

old skool turbo power
18-05-2011, 21:19
Before I try and get a new wiper stalk in, im thinking it might actually be a relay which is not keeping my main beam on, pulling the stalk back flashes the main beam but does not stay on. Any clues on what to look for, also what relay is for the rear wiper as not working, but not worried about that at the moment as main thing is to get this car complete for MOT and ND :) thank you

ok mate i had the same prob as you and i had even gone out and brought a new stalk but still nothing:crap:i looked up this problem i think on the old web site b4 it went down`the master`had the answer though.but it is a pink relay that controls the main beam.i fitted one in one and it all worked :)im not to sure if u can get the relay from renault though but i managed to get one from cgb.
ive taken a pic where the relay sits.its a 12 volt lucas relay(pink) sits in a cream conector.soz pic is bitty taken off my phone.just to show u where there relay is :agree:

good luck with your project :)

Bigfoot
18-05-2011, 22:05
ok mate i had the same prob as you and i had even gone out and brought a new stalk but still nothing:crap:i looked up this problem i think on the old web site b4 it went down`the master`had the answer though.but it is a pink relay that controls the main beam.i fitted one in one and it all worked :)im not to sure if u can get the relay from renault though but i managed to get one from cgb.
ive taken a pic where the relay sits.its a 12 volt lucas relay(pink) sits in a cream conector.soz pic is bitty taken off my phone.just to show u where there relay is :agree:

good luck with your project :)

I know the one your talking about, got a couple spare in my box of relays so will give that a go :agree: