PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Issue?

Matt Cole
10-11-2008, 07:20
Not may car but our youths. He's complaining of the cockpit stinking of fuel and the car is hesistant /jerky at higher rpm's? I havent had a look yet (got enough on of me own). Need a list of quick checks to save me fekin about. Carb was rebuilt 3 months ago and has run fine everyday since. Any ideas chaps??

(oh hes been messing about with accelarator cable and the mixture scew im told):scared:

Bigfoot
10-11-2008, 08:39
Has he got an in car boost controller? Venting off into car?

Frix
10-11-2008, 08:52
Has he got an in car boost controller? Venting off into car?

i have an in car boost controller and when i turn it up i get the smell of petrol, very strong aswell.

mines not venting into the car!

rs250nut
10-11-2008, 09:04
Fuel leak? split hose, Check hoses around fuel pressure regulator

Frix
10-11-2008, 09:08
Fuel leak? split hose, Check hoses around fuel pressure regulator

where is this located?

Matt Cole
10-11-2008, 13:05
No in car bleed valve fitted.

Markey Mark (BD)
10-11-2008, 15:53
You get the smell of fuel from the boost controller because most people fit the vacum pipe from the base of the carb to the in-car boost then to the actuator. At the base of the carb you have the air/fuel mixture which is then going through the pipework, try putting the vacum pipe from the base of the carb to above the carb i:e carb top and that should get rid of the smell.

Frix
10-11-2008, 16:25
You get the smell of fuel from the boost controller because most people fit the vacum pipe from the base of the carb to the in-car boost then to the actuator. At the base of the carb you have the air/fuel mixture which is then going through the pipework, try putting the vacum pipe from the base of the carb to above the carb i:e carb top and that should get rid of the smell.

matt sorry for the hijack of your post

i have mine from the in car controller to a t-piece which is the bleed valve then from there one goes to actuctor the other to carb as in this picture, am i doing something wrong??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/FRIX22/10112008130-1-1.jpg my arrow shows where on the carb im connected too!

Markey Mark (BD)
10-11-2008, 16:28
matt sorry for the hijack of your post

i have mine from the in car controller to a t-piece which is the bleed valve then from there one goes to actuctor the other to carb as in this picture, am i doing something wrong??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/FRIX22/10112008130-1-1.jpg my arrow shows where on the carb im connected too!

Thats what i mean mate, that is below the level where the fuel enter's so fuel vapour will do through the pipe.

Frix
10-11-2008, 16:32
Thats what i mean mate, that is below the level where the fuel enter's so fuel vapour will do through the pipe.

so how shall i plumb it in, when you say carb top what do you mean?

Markey Mark (BD)
10-11-2008, 16:43
It depends on what actuator you have mate, if you have a single port one i would just run a pipe from the actuator to the outlet on the carb top (one closest to the rad). If you have a bleed valve or boost controller connect it in the middle of the pipe, as for the carb base outlet i just block it off.

Matt Cole
10-11-2008, 19:55
glad your sorted frix!:D

Now back to my problem...................................