PDA

View Full Version : National day North east convoy

philg
13-05-2011, 09:04
Just wondering what peoples plans are from the north east, when and where do you guys normally meet?

Whos going?

If my kids and my mates car are ready i think we are planning a fri afternoon trip with a camp over fri and poss sat night. If its just me im easy fri afternoon of sat am.

Am i bringing my decks and a pa system to have a big Mallory outdoor allnighter?

Im sure the old farts will love that :laugh:

Phil

Ashy
13-05-2011, 22:34
We (Me, Mat, Jonty and Mark) Usually travel down Friday afternoon (5ish)... Only problem is it doensn't look like any of us will have our 5's on the road :(

Mart
13-05-2011, 22:52
Bekki & I will be travelling down sometime on the Friday, but not sure at what time or even in which car yet.

Brigsy
14-05-2011, 11:50
Ill be setting off from costa del redcar about 12ish on the friday, steady drive down.

philg
18-05-2011, 09:14
Its game over for me chaps, car is getting looked at today or tommorow but im 99% sure my gearbox has failed.

It has only covered 700 miles since it was rebuilt so someones going to get it :mad:

Ashy
18-05-2011, 09:47
Its game over for me chaps, car is getting looked at today or tommorow but im 99% sure my gearbox has failed.

It has only covered 700 miles since it was rebuilt so someones going to get it :mad:

Got pleanty of spares if your interested :)

Jonty was throwing a Volvo box out the other day! Might still have it!?

philg
18-05-2011, 15:01

Thanks for that, but i had alot of money spent on mine rebuilding it. Going to just replace the damaged parts.

phil

Brigsy
18-05-2011, 17:23
Whats up with the box mate? should still pop down for the weekend though if its running or not like :)

philg
18-05-2011, 19:23
Whats up with the box mate? should still pop down for the weekend though if its running or not like :)

Its a long way to pedal mate :laugh:

I have no daily driver at the moment, still looking for a car. The idea was to use the gt for the summer then buy something nice for the winter.

Problem is that car has the worst luck in the world, to the point i now call it Satan. It was misfiring just the other week, then it seemed to sort itself out so i had it out for a little drive, i happened to look down and the clocks were reading 668 miles, i swear :scared:

Briggs its been sent to test me big time.

I'm looking out for a run about at the moment so might pop down, my kids fiesta is having headaches to as well as my mate nova, why we bother :laugh:

far4ngn
23-05-2011, 22:38
Any meets etc in the North East between 1-14th June? I'm coming home for a few weeks and wouldn't mind checking out some R5's.

Robbo
24-05-2011, 08:22
I am planning on leaving huddersfield around 1pm on the friday, taking it nice and steady

Lomo
24-05-2011, 08:25
Any meets etc in the North East between 1-14th June? I'm coming home for a few weeks and wouldn't mind checking out some R5's.

Hey Paul, have a look HERE (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/events.php)

Failing that, get yourself in a motor for the 4th June and come down to the National Day. You couldn't have picked a better time to come home! :)

Matt Cole
24-05-2011, 13:32
It's been a dreadfull year for the North east up to now! Everyones cars are in bits (apart from Briggsy's museum pieces), some are being painted, engine conversions, welding etc!! List goes on.

I'll most likely be driving down Saturday and camping. :agree:

Matt Cole
24-05-2011, 13:39

I have told him to stop being a tart and to hold on to it in case he wants different ratios.

Ashy
24-05-2011, 19:25
I have told him to stop being a tart and to hold on to it in case he wants different ratios.

He had no where to put it tho mate... I think its still rattling round in the back of his trailor!

Matt Cole
24-05-2011, 23:00
He had no where to put it tho mate... I think its still rattling round in the back of his trailor!

Ha i hope not as it will have a ton of soil on top of it!:D

far4ngn
26-05-2011, 21:43
Looks like I'll need to find a car...plus my old English licence and get to National day as I was hoping to take some Phase 1 front struts back home...I'm sure mine are from a Honda!