PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please rtoc'ers

philr5t
11-05-2011, 01:57
Ok have a few small issues that I could do with some help or advice on as I'm mift

1 original temp gauge seems to be working fine but orange warning light won't go out even when wires are swapped round on w/temp sensor. I have also teed into it to run a second water temp gauge ?

2 cannot adjust my gear linkage for love nor money tried so many different positions and still no joy but I also have a short shift eBay kit in place but not sure how this can effect it ?

3 I have a turbo timer in place which is wired in to the permanent live on the ignition but I think it must go in the auxhilary yellow cable or ignition yellow cable anyone fitted one before who can tell me which cable they took the timer to. The timer is working but when I shut the car off the timer won't keep the car running ?

SCHWARTZ
11-05-2011, 08:01
With regards to the gear linkage make sure you have the bolt that bolts the linkage to the box is pointing down with the nut underneath otherwise the bolt will hit the gb caseing and stop you getting reverse like mine did.:ashamed:

James5
11-05-2011, 08:21
Phil, on my old Turbo timer it used to be the following wires

Black - Ground,
Blue - Accessories / Ign 1
Yellow - Ignition Live 2
Red - Battery + 12v
Brown - Handbrake cable wire

With ref to the water temp light not sure maybe your splice into it has caused the problem and you have those wires the wrong way around on the aftermarket gauge:scratch: