PDA

View Full Version : Innovate Motorsport Auxbox (LMA-3)

Guybrush
09-11-2008, 18:07
Has anyone bought a Innovate Motorsport Auxbox to complement the LC1 wideband sensor?

Looking at buying it to record boost pressure and revs.

Scoff
09-11-2008, 18:16
Has anyone bought a Innovate Motorsport Auxbox to complement the LC1 wideband sensor?

Looking at buying it to record boost pressure and revs.

I've used one but didn't ever buy one. they're old hat now. they're handy if you want to log dwell angles of ignition or injectors and other random things but if your only interested in boost, RPM and AFR then get yourself a new LM-2, much more modern and logs direct to an SD card. You may need an external map sensor, cheap enough on ebay.

there's a innovate DL-32 also, that looks nice, too expensive for me. It'll log everything you can imagine, built in accelerometers, map sensor, it'll log ignition timing and injector dwell vs. RPM so you can effectivly pinch a 3d map from any car you like.. maybe santa will bring me one.

Guybrush
09-11-2008, 18:52
I've used one but didn't ever buy one. they're old hat now. they're handy if you want to log dwell angles of ignition or injectors and other random things but if your only interested in boost, RPM and AFR then get yourself a new LM-2, much more modern and logs direct to an SD card. You may need an external map sensor, cheap enough on ebay.

there's a innovate DL-32 also, that looks nice, too expensive for me. It'll log everything you can imagine, built in accelerometers, map sensor, it'll log ignition timing and injector dwell vs. RPM so you can effectivly pinch a 3d map from any car you like.. maybe santa will bring me one.

mmm... looks decent enough :)

cheers :agree:

Cabbage
10-11-2008, 11:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I am pretty sure the LMA-3 has a built in accelerometer as well? Also you can record ignition map on the LMA-3 by using a combination of your TDC sensor signal and an inductance clamp on a spark lead. Theres quite a bit of documentation on the net about it. However I haven't done this myself so I'm not sure how easy everything is to install on the 5. I'm hoping to save up for one of these at Christmas so I'll let you know how it goes. If you've already got the LC-1 I wouldn't personally go for the LM-2 as you're paying quite a lot for the wideband AFR functionality which you already have.

Mart
10-11-2008, 12:20
I have a couple for sale if anyone's interested?

[/shameless plug]

Guybrush
10-11-2008, 12:22

[/shameless plug]

A LM-2 or a LMA-3?

Mart
10-11-2008, 12:24
Auxbox/LMA-3

Cabbage
10-11-2008, 21:14
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'd be interested in one.

MR TURBO
10-11-2008, 22:34

[/shameless plug]

How much u wanting???

Mart
11-11-2008, 00:17
How much u wanting???

You have PM.