PDA

View Full Version : ARP Bolts

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 12:28
Gents anyone know if ARP do uprated bolts for the C1J?Lookin for Head Bolts or full engine set...Any Ideas?
Or is i overkilling a touch..:cry:..

Cheers all Appreciated as Alway:agree:

Brigsy
09-05-2011, 12:40
Arp headbolts would be overkill mate, just stick with the 12.9 cap heads.

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 12:47
Arp headbolts would be overkill mate, just stick with the 12.9 cap heads.

Maybe i fancy overkill..:p..:laugh:....Only joking...Cheers for Info...;)

12.9's..Whats best Gasket..?

Had K-tec had a standard Renault...Got any suggestions mate?..:coffee:

Brigsy
09-05-2011, 15:22
I use the mellior 'uprated' type from gsf, same as the tuners use...have used the payen ones aswell with no probs.

Id go by the height of the head, if your head is skimmed you will need a thicker gasket to retain somewhere near standard compression, if the head is 73.5 then you could just lash an original renault gasket on, if you can still get them?

Remember its not the strength of the headgasket that keeps the lump together its the tune. Poor tuning will always pop headgaskets ;)

I have just clocked over 11k on the engine in the van without a headgasket failing, for the best part the boost has been set at 1.5 bar, its been used & abused on the dragstrip, road & track too. Tune your carb properly and you wil have no probs!

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 15:42
I use the mellior 'uprated' type from gsf, same as the tuners use...have used the payen ones aswell with no probs.

Id go by the height of the head, if your head is skimmed you will need a thicker gasket to retain somewhere near standard compression, if the head is 73.5 then you could just lash an original renault gasket on, if you can still get them?

Remember its not the strength of the headgasket that keeps the lump together its the tune. Poor tuning will always pop headgaskets ;)

I have just clocked over 11k on the engine in the van without a headgasket failing, for the best part the boost has been set at 1.5 bar, its been used & abused on the dragstrip, road & track too. Tune your carb properly and you wil have no probs!

Cheers bud this rebuilds getting out of hand..:cry::laugh:..

Thicker Gasket...Suppliers U know off...?

James5
09-05-2011, 15:46
Cheers bud this rebuilds getting out of hand..:cry::laugh:..

Thicker Gasket...Suppliers U know off...?

GSF is prob your cheapest place about £30 or Mike aka Phase 1 16v turbo not sure on price but thereabouts and will post at sensible price to

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 15:55
GSF is prob your cheapest place about £30 or Mike aka Phase 1 16v turbo not sure on price but thereabouts and will post at sensible price to

Cheers bud...Give u options on Thicknesses then do they?

Only Found k-tec/CGB For Gaskets so far an they all 1.9mm..Im probs being special.:rolleyes:

Looking more an more like im gonna av a crack @building one myself again,so im Starting to Collect info....Be prepared for thousands more questions Gents..(Sorry :rolleyes: :D )

James5
09-05-2011, 16:07
Cheers bud...Give u options on Thicknesses then do they?

Only Found k-tec/CGB For Gaskets so far an they all 1.9mm..Im probs being special.:rolleyes:

Looking more an more like im gonna av a crack @building one myself again,so im Starting to Collect info....Be prepared for thousands more questions Gents..(Sorry :rolleyes: :D )

Think GSF only do the 1.9mm blue seal uprated type, or standard thickness. Wouldn't bother with K-Tec or CGB. As said if you want parts use GSF or Mike aka phase 1 16v turbo he will beat CGB prices:agree:

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 16:11
Think GSF only do the 1.9mm blue seal uprated type, or standard thickness. Wouldn't bother with K-Tec or CGB. As said if you want parts use GSF or Mike aka phase 1 16v turbo he will beat CGB prices:agree:

Cheers again fella...Got a web address for GSF?

And Phase 1 16v turbo he a member on here?

BluntyR5GTT
09-05-2011, 16:14
http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/
theres mikes webpage fella yes he is a member on here

James5
09-05-2011, 16:17
Cheers again fella...Got a web address for GSF?

And Phase 1 16v turbo he a member on here?

Mike - http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=380

GSF - http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 16:24
Gents both of You's ;)...

Right i'll be Feckin Off 4now...:laugh:

TTFN :agree: