PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy is back

TNT ANDY
07-05-2011, 10:22
Just got back from the MOT and passed with flying colours:):):):)
This has been off the road for nearly 4 years now and is now back, thanks to the help of the rtoc massive. And I would like to say a big thanks for all the help you have given over the last 4 years, without you Fluffy would have been scrapped 4 years ago.

Good work from everyone and thanks.

jesus in the seat of a 5
07-05-2011, 10:53
well done andy...fluffy, she be chuffey....:laugh:, good going bud...:agree::D

Tony Walker
07-05-2011, 10:59
Congratulations :D great feeling :D

dangerous dave
07-05-2011, 11:56
good stuff:agree:

HAndy
07-05-2011, 13:27
about time:laugh:

now get it mapped:cooter:

5 turbo
07-05-2011, 14:55
:beer::agree::goodJob::worship::francais:...Congra ts fella...Another one lives too fight another day..:D

TNT ANDY
07-05-2011, 15:54
Thanks you guys - a pm to Scoff is on it's way soon as I can rule out a slippy Clutch.

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3849.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3850.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3851.JPG

TNT ANDY
07-05-2011, 15:57
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3853.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3848.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Miscellaneous/Stotto/DSCF3846.JPG

J8TRO
07-05-2011, 16:40
Looks mint :agree: but whats the deal with the boot floor :confused:

I've been looking at the photos trying to figure it out.

TNT ANDY
07-05-2011, 18:17
Looks mint :agree: but whats the deal with the boot floor :confused:

I've been looking at the photos trying to figure it out.

Far from mint ol chappo - but a hell of a lot better than it was 4 years ago - it's solid now. The floor - it looks better in real to be fair, but if you remove the spare wheel as I have done, this leaves a large wind brake at the back of the car which this is there to eradicate. It also lessens the amount of crap getting lodged in areas that tend to rust. My rear brake compensator has never had it so good.

TNT ANDY
07-05-2011, 18:20
:beer::agree::goodJob::worship::francais:...Congra ts fella...Another one lives too fight another day..:D

Thats 5 from over in the east in the last 2 months.

Me
Ross
Handy
Markey B
Mr Raider

all we need now is JP Racing to make it 6, I'd like to say Tricky Nicky would make the full team, but there is no way he could get his done this year. But that said, it's being done, and that will make another solid 5 back on the road.

5 turbo
07-05-2011, 19:01
Im confused but either way she looks cracking...Love the colour with the rims..Set of quads next maybe...
Looks savage that one an i love her:)

HAndy
08-05-2011, 15:19
Thats 5 from over in the east in the last 2 months.

Me
Ross
Handy
Markey B
Mr Raider

all we need now is JP Racing to make it 6, I'd like to say Tricky Nicky would make the full team, but there is no way he could get his done this year. But that said, it's being done, and that will make another solid 5 back on the road.

you forgot oliver :cooter: :laugh::laugh::wasntme:
his should be finished next weekend too:cool:

adscan
08-05-2011, 16:06
What are the blue wires running under the car in the last pic?

Logg
08-05-2011, 16:18
Good on ya Andy. :)

This years looking really good with all this fresh tuning going on in RTOC. EFI c1j's and 16valver turbos hope you all make it to Mallory so everyone can see you can teach the GTT new tricks. :smokin:

TNT Tricky Nicky
08-05-2011, 17:15
What are the blue wires running under the car in the last pic?

think you'll find they're just the handbrake cables....

Mr Raider
08-05-2011, 18:15
Looks and sounds great fella, ta for popping over last night for cremated burger/sausage :wasntme:

TNT ANDY
08-05-2011, 20:40
Good on ya Andy. :)

This years looking really good with all this fresh tuning going on in RTOC. EFI c1j's and 16valver turbos hope you all make it to Mallory so everyone can see you can teach the GTT new tricks. :smokin:

Hi Logg - yup, I think you're right, I just hope the numbers are good. You can say hi to your door cards at the national day (it was you I got em off wasn't it???) They are in there.

TNT ANDY
08-05-2011, 20:41

Give that man a cigar.

Logg
08-05-2011, 21:06
Hi Logg - yup, I think you're right, I just hope the numbers are good. You can say hi to your door cards at the national day (it was you I got em off wasn't it???) They are in there.

Bloody hell it was and it was dash switches a few years before that at the pod. ;)

I really can't wait to have a good poke about all your cars. There's been so much great work going on all over the club I just can't wait. :D :D

JP Racing
08-05-2011, 22:36
well done andy it looks mint from the piccys :) mine should be done this year might not make it to the first nd but should be running defo for the pod day :) but we will see if i get me finger out you never know :)

TNT ANDY
14-05-2011, 09:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I have the PC all hooked up but now I need something to connect all my speakers to my PC. I have pre wired my garage with speaker wire in all 4 corners and it all comes back to where my PC is sitting.

Rift Gold (http://www.zyy.com/gold/Rift-Planes-of-Telara-US-Platinum.html) Buy Runescape Gold (http://www.wly.com/gold/Runescape/)

Shameless:crap::scared::dearme:

Lomo
14-05-2011, 09:47
Another reason why none of the forums should be accessible by non members...

Do one....:rolleyes::sad2:

TNT ANDY
03-01-2012, 22:22
And mapping commences this coming Saturday - And that will be that, I'l be able to report on how, good/ bad/ indifferent the whole conversion has been for anyone thinking of going down the EFI C1J route.

Tony Walker
03-01-2012, 23:20
:agree: Look forward to your results.

J$£5GTT
03-01-2012, 23:37

:D

TNT ANDY
09-01-2012, 20:57
Right, mapping done and I can tell you how much fun I had on the way back with it. the car is sooooooo responsive now right through the rev range, and at about 4k it's brutal in 3rd and 4th, still pulls hard in 5th.

Got approx 200bhp @ 22psi, charge temps a steady 34 deg C with a PWR charge cooler.

Out and out power wise I don't think there is a great deal to be had from the fuel injection side of things, but the real gains are in the ignition side and the ability to match the fuel to ignition easily (if you know how to).

All in all, I have spent the best part of £1200 on the system from start to finish, I installed it all myself with the guidance of Scoff and was mapped by Scoff also. If you where to ask if I would do it again I would definitely say yes without question. There is so much more that can be done with the ecu to refine the drive this has given me years of playing to come.

Feel free to ask questions.

Tony Walker
09-01-2012, 21:22
a small break down if you get chance would be nice? cost and component wise :D
And congratulations... sounds brilliant.:agree:

TNT ANDY
09-01-2012, 22:19
a small break down if you get chance would be nice? cost and component wise :D
And congratulations... sounds brilliant.:agree:

ECU (adaptronic) - £500 5 years ago
MT inlet manifold - £200 approx 5 years ago (this includes Throttlebody)
3bar map sensor - £30
Water sensor - £15
Trigger Wheel - £25
Crank sensor - £20
Boost runs - £100
Fuel rail - £20 (scrap yard Skoda Felicia fits the MT adapter rail)
Injectors - £40 (Saab greens)
Miscellaneous - £50
Mapping £150-£350 approx dependant upon where you take it.
Bosch fuel pump - £90

Thats about it. It's a fair lump in 1 go, but if like me you did it over a period of time it aint to severe. I installed my ECU and wiring whilst I ran a carb at the same time and collected the other bits when I had the cash. Then I did the ignition only with the carb and then finally did the fuel side of things when I had the rest of the equipment.

You could save even more money by buying more 2nd hand gear if you knew what to look for.

Tony Walker
09-01-2012, 22:21
Brilliant, thanks for that :agree: its more how much i can sneak past each month so the missus doesnt notice :D

Andyturbo!
09-01-2012, 22:22
Did scoff do the whole conversion for you pal?

TNT ANDY
09-01-2012, 22:26
Brilliant, thanks for that :agree: its more how much i can sneak past each month so the missus doesnt notice :D

I really know what you mean - I bought an indian take-away for 2 at one point which cost £120:D

TNT ANDY
09-01-2012, 22:29
Did scoff do the whole conversion for you pal?

No - but he helped out a whole heap when it came to choosing things like the injectors and sensors / plugs and also when wiring and configuring the ecu to get it started. I did all the donkey work and he sent me emails and a base map to get me going.

Both are as important as the other.

Andyturbo!
09-01-2012, 22:33
I see mate, sounds like a great result after mapping too :agree: