PDA

View Full Version : Anti-lift kit?

Guv
06-05-2011, 20:52
Hello,
does anyone make an anti-lift kit for renault 5s?

Nayls
06-05-2011, 21:54
i hate that term! commonly used by the jap crew!

plenty of lowering kit's and springs available for gtt's

Guv
06-05-2011, 23:01
my r5 has already been lowered all round with koni shocks set to hard, still get alot of lift from stand still and whilst boosting around corners.

Woznaldo
07-05-2011, 00:37
Anti-Lift Kits normally add some positive castor (a good thing) to the front suspension by relocating the lower arm rear pivot point. This is not really possible on a GTT.

What you can do is get some adjustable top mounts that will move the MacPherson Strut top mount rearwards towards the back of the car, thereby increasing positive camber.

There isn't a kit off the shelf that can do this and custom top mounts would be the way to go in conjunction with smaller diameter coilover springs (2.25" or 2.5" ID).

Another way to achieve this would be through the use of a different lower wishbone that pushes the bottom of the strut fwd. Williams Clio uses this method while increasing the track to.

I have the whiteline Anti-Lift Kit fitted to my '98 WRX and reduced understeer (in conjunction with a stiffer rear Anti-Roll Bar) and improved turn in.

Guv
07-05-2011, 00:46
thanks, ill look into it:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 08:11
Anti-Lift Kits normally add some positive castor (a good thing) to the front suspension by relocating the lower arm rear pivot point. This is not really possible on a GTT

yep you can, the way we did it was the same way detailed in the cup manual.
You press the A arm bushes further through the holes they are mounted in.

Schakal
07-05-2011, 08:24
yep you can, the way we did it was the same way detailed in the cup manual.
You press the A arm bushes further through the holes they are mounted in.

got a picture of this mate ?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 08:33
No actual procedure but specs page.......

Woznaldo
07-05-2011, 09:11
That's pretty interesting Matt. I was not aware of the Cup cars were tweeked in this manor. A clever way to stay within the rules!

We could do with a suspension set up thread with some sort of guide and people posting their set ups and conveying the pros, cons, improvements etc.

Guv
07-05-2011, 10:30
How far do you press the bushes into the wishbone, is there a specific position they need to be in to get x amount of castor?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 14:41
No real specifics, depends on how much you already have and what you are trying to achieve with your current setup.
Matt@CRM

Sparkie
07-05-2011, 16:18
singh, if this is for your gtx turbo, then fitting ph2 front shox and top mounts will help - as the ph2 top mounts push the shocks backwards a bit.... i cant remember what you have fitted to it ....

Guv
07-05-2011, 19:36
Ive got red koni shocks all round with 30mm springs up front, dont know if the konis are for ph1 or ph2:crap:.

Ive never touched the wishbones on my gtx but im planning on poly bushing the front end soon. I just want to get rid of the lift when launching it from stand still and when boost around bends at high speed.

Would it be best to press the bush as much as possible then decrease the castor until satisfied?

Jimmy_GTT
07-05-2011, 20:22
No actual procedure but specs page.......
And for this camber what toe in/out setting do you use?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 20:46
This all depends on the usage of the car.... Road use? Stay with standard.... Tyres last longer!:D
Race/track use..... It depends on how you like it.... Loose at the back, under/over steer, hard, soft....etc
Drag strip? Nose down, high rear, no front camber and steel rods instead of rear shocks.....?
These questions are very hard to answer unless the indented use is specified.
Matt@CRM

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 21:02
I will say that, for me, with a fast road car.....a decent set up was: 1.5-2mm toe out at the front, 2.5 - deg camber, on lower and stiffer springs, the rear arb beams stiffened up as per cup, and the rear ride height a tad lower than the front.
it will go quite well..........but!.....thats the way I liked it to handle.........you may not.

Jimmy_GTT
07-05-2011, 21:12
I will say that, for me, with a fast road car.....a decent set up was: 1.5-2mm toe out at the front, 2.5 - deg camber, on lower and stiffer springs, the rear arb beams stiffened up as per cup, and the rear ride height a tad lower than the front.
it will go quite well..........but!.....thats the way I liked it to handle.........you may not.

Is it a negative camber?
Do you have a good grip on a stand start?
What size of wheels tyres are you running on?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-05-2011, 21:18
Front? yes, negative camber.

Sparkie
07-05-2011, 22:40
Ive got red koni shocks all round with 30mm springs up front, dont know if the konis are for ph1 or ph2:crap:.
?

when you look at the top mount hole, if the nut at the top of the strut is directly in the middle of the hole you will have ph1 strut tops and ph1 struts...

Guv
07-05-2011, 23:09
From looking at a pic they seem to be in the middle, ill take a proper look in the morning.

Can i use ph2 top mounts on ph1 struts? Would like to keep the konis.