PDA

View Full Version : Police..3 points and fine

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 11:57
Now I'm a little miffed from being pulled over yesterday and being given 3 points and a £60 fine for having no rebound on the 5, ok so I know it's fairly low at the front and yes it's very hard on the avo's but it's not set to knock your teeth out as a few people on here who have been in it and mark driving it now and then will say it's just like most of the other 5's with coilovers.

I really do think this was a complete waste of police time and 3 points which I can't justify.
Try bouncing the front of an enzo or 911 Ferrari etc.

The avo's are I'd say 2-3 years old. They are in healthy non leaking condition.
Are avo's tuv approved? Ifso does this mean there fit for road etc?

Would a engineers report help me with an appeal against this penalty?

Brigsy
05-05-2011, 12:12
Harsh that like, good old bill nowt better to do as usual :rolleyes: on what basis did they give you the 3 points? vehicle unroadworthy? id definately appeal against it.

GTphil
05-05-2011, 12:28
OMG! What an absolute joke that is! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like he was just out to get you for something, It really isn't fair to give you three points for that.

I'm a driving instructor and if i was to get three points for driving my raider that is also very low on avo coilovers i would be ****ing livid!!!! (in fact i am already)

As you can imagine it's not ideal getting points in my job:rolleyes:

Sounds like your on the correct lines when it comes to getting an engineers report from avo to state the roadworthyness of the coilovers, then take it from there, I would be arguing all the way with this one:dearme:

At the worst i would have thought he would have given you one of those orders where you have a certain amount of time to correct the issue and get the car inspected afterwards.

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 12:35
That's certainly what it felt like...and believe it or not about a mile down the road on a dual carriage way ther was an overturned recovery truck with tailbacks etc!

The 3 points was given on: uneven load/dangerous

g10far
05-05-2011, 12:41
That is the biggest load of tosh ever, they couldnt do you for anything else so picked something as ridiculous as this. Get an engineers report sorted and go and throw it in their faces and demand the points be removed!:mad:

Sorry to rant on but thats just plain stupid, sorry it happened to you, I would be pi55ed if it happened to me!

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 12:42
Am i just opening a can of worms, i've never appealed before, the copper did also say when giving me the rights to appeal that he's "never lost a court hearing".

Now did he say that to put the jitters in me...knowing full well its quite a lame silly offence?

djinuk
05-05-2011, 12:47
what a crock of ****, id contest crap outa it personally, i once got pulled in my 306 for being to low, the copper had me for .

car being to low to the floor
bonnet unsecure
outer edge of tyre bold

i argued the toss on all 3 accounts, I asked him and his companion to pull as hard as they could on the bonnet to get it to move.. it didnt, and i didnt expect it to being that it was nut and bolted on tight.

the car being to low he didnt seem to be able to answer when i asked if there was a law about cars being lowered.

the outer edge of the tyre , well we all know the laws on tread depth.

Lets be honest theres plenty of cars out there which are pretty much designed 100% for the track yet are drove on the road, including the number of supercars, therefore you would argue dispite it being uncomfortable etc chances are theres no laws against it.

Argue argue argue and accept nothing, hopefully the copper gets his head kicked in by a real criminal.

g10far
05-05-2011, 12:49
Am i just opening a can of worms, i've never appealed before, the copper did also say when giving me the rights to appeal that he's "never lost a court hearing".

Now did he say that to put the jitters in me...knowing full well its quite a lame silly offence?

I would say thats just a load of bull! Hes just trying to put you off. Silly question but your car has got MOT right, if so Im sure they cant do anything as its deemed legal for the road, I may be wrong anyone know anymore on this?

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 12:50
On a separate offence..i had no mot which i didnt realise it ended on the 11/04. but i thought it was up just before mallory.

Anyway he let me drive it home and gave me a £60 fine no points.
I cant justify 3 points for the dangerous condition its ment to be in...If anything the 3 points should be with the no mot.

Anyway that penalty is separate to this one and can be put aside, yes he let me drice it home which i know was actually quite kind of him as he could of taken it there and then and i'd of been paying the tow away fee's storage etc.

g10far
05-05-2011, 12:50
what a crock of ****, id contest crap outa it personally, i once got pulled in my 306 for being to low, the copper had me for .

car being to low to the floor
bonnet unsecure
outer edge of tyre bold

i argued the toss on all 3 accounts, I asked him and his companion to pull as hard as they could on the bonnet to get it to move.. it didnt, and i didnt expect it to being that it was nut and bolted on tight.

the car being to low he didnt seem to be able to answer when i asked if there was a law about cars being lowered.

the outer edge of the tyre , well we all know the laws on tread depth.

Lets be honest theres plenty of cars out there which are pretty much designed 100% for the track yet are drove on the road, including the number of supercars, therefore you would argue dispite it being uncomfortable etc chances are theres no laws against it.

Argue argue argue and accept nothing, hopefully the copper gets his head kicked in by a real criminal.

Yep what he said:agree:

Logg
05-05-2011, 12:53
Uneven load :confused: did he think it was an skip that flipped upside down due to being loaded wrong?

Mark told us last night mate that's some very poor policing. My mate in Oxford got pulled by police the other week as they where worried his tyres was rubbing on his arch. I guess there not enough real crime out in the sticks. Hope you get some luck fighting this.

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 12:56
Let me just add that the offence of the no mot was after the offence of "no rebound"

he clearly didnt know about the mot for at least 15 minutes after a lecture of how dangerous having no rebound is.

djinuk
05-05-2011, 12:59
double check as im 90% sure mot is only a £60 anyway , no points.. its somthing i was amazed at..

no tax they confiscate the car
no insurace is 6 points and a fine
no mot is just a fne and thats it..

g10far
05-05-2011, 13:11
Let me just add that the offence of the no mot was after the offence of "no rebound"

he clearly didnt know about the mot for at least 15 minutes after a lecture of how dangerous having no rebound is.

Did he offer the points before he knew about the MOT?

car.crash
05-05-2011, 13:23
Swallow it mate. You were driving with no mot and he let you go. Humble pie on this occasion.

raider_gtt
05-05-2011, 13:31
This is the first time of hearing about this I would not take the fine or points yes I think the avos are tuv as Gt tuning was selling as well as other company's for road use sounds like he did have anything to do and you was easy pickings mate take it to court for sure!!!!!

raider_gtt
05-05-2011, 13:34
Swallow it mate. You were driving with no mot and he let you go. Humble pie on this occasion.

Marc thats all well and good mate but no mot is just a fine and no points and insurance will go up in cost as well ?

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 13:50
Yes he gave me the points before mot. What he also said was that he could take the car off the road and I'd have to have the car set up correctly and it would be sent to vosa to be checked and issued with an mot. But maybe again he was just making me feel the jitters even more.

I know what we said yesterday mark but if the mot is a separate offence and I can gather as much evidence as possible to show this shouldn't be allowed then I'll be saving myself the 3 points keeping my licence point free.

If I didn't win an appeal would I still stand with £60 fine and 3 points or would it increase?
If it stayed the same then surely I'd have nothing to loose and everything to gain?

g10far
05-05-2011, 14:03
Yes he gave me the points before mot. What he also said was that he could take the car off the road and I'd have to have the car set up correctly and it would be sent to vosa to be checked and issued with an mot. But maybe again he was just making me feel the jitters even more.

I know what we said yesterday mark but if the mot is a separate offence and I can gather as much evidence as possible to show this shouldn't be allowed then I'll be saving myself the 3 points keeping my licence point free.

If I didn't win an appeal would I still stand with £60 fine and 3 points or would it increase?
If it stayed the same then surely I'd have nothing to loose and everything to gain?

Well I'm not sure what the penalty is for having no MOT is, but looking at the replies you shouldnt be getting points.

Saying that, you say he dished out the points before he knew about the MOT so in my eyes I would contest as thats a bull**** call! How did he test the rebound then? a quick push down on the front wing?

djinuk
05-05-2011, 14:07
out of interest was he a proper traffic officier? wondering if maybe its somthing traffic officiers have been trained to start giving , given the grown number of 'euro cars', wide wheels slammed to the floor, would make easy pickins/ money.

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 14:07
Yep 1 quick push on each side. Then lightly rocked the back??

g10far
05-05-2011, 14:10
Yep 1 quick push on each side. Then lightly rocked the back??

He should go do the same to a GT3 RS or another track derived road car and give them points too!

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 14:11
Yes he was dj.. Funny though the lady officer just had something about her...as if she was in training ie: didn't talk/couldn't answer questions and I believe knew absolutely nothing.

djinuk
05-05-2011, 14:15
are your coilovers adjustable ?

IF so raise the thing, raise the torsion bar, then contest it... If they send you to vosa make a mockery of the nob head and insist your car was as high as it is now..

g10far
05-05-2011, 14:20
are your coilovers adjustable ?

IF so raise the thing, raise the torsion bar, then contest it... If they send you to vosa make a mockery of the nob head and insist your car was as high as it is now..

Yep I agree, also soften up the damping too, so if they do the accurate rebound test it will have some travel.

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 14:20
Yes fully adjustable height and damp.

tiff_lee
05-05-2011, 14:25
Take it to court and ask when his arm was last calibrated for the rebound test

adscan
05-05-2011, 14:29
put it down to experience and pay the fine and take the points.

you had/have no MOT...if you take this matter to court you will lose and you could end up with points..fine for the suspension and a fine for the no MOT.

djinuk
05-05-2011, 14:37
Yes he was dj.. Funny though the lady officer just had something about her...as if she was in training ie: didn't talk/couldn't answer questions and I believe knew absolutely nothing.

he was probably trying to flex his power.

I once was over taken by a seat leon.. i was doing about 25 mph looking for a kebab shop at the tiem.. the copper screamed past me, pulled the leon over, then 3 mins later when i caught up he copper waved me over and told me i was racing.. The dick would not listen to me pointing out the fact i was going under the limit and looking for a kebab house and instead gave me a 30 min lecture on people dying in car accidents.. theres good ones and bad ones.. the bad ones are complete ****s.

tiff_lee
05-05-2011, 14:39
Thing is he has already taken the hit for the lack of MOT with the £60 fine, surely if it went to court over a separate incident that couldn't be used against him, or could it?

DaveMayGTT
05-05-2011, 14:52
The MOT can't be raised as a matter in caught, its been dealt with like you say and your not contesting it.
Contest the points, its rediculous

BabybluGTT
05-05-2011, 15:05
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thats a load of balls mate, if those coilies are road legal then im pretty sure you cant be `breaking the law` take him to court! Good luck.

bigbadboytank
05-05-2011, 15:11
If you had a valid MOT then I would take him to court, as I can’t see how that would stand up in court. The test was carried out on the road side and it was the officer’s opinion that the car did not have enough travel, if you had an engineer’s report saying that the car is ok then im quite sure you would win, BUT! Without a valid MOT they would argue the car shouldn’t have been on the road full stop so I don’t think you have a leg to stand on.

adscan
05-05-2011, 15:58
The fact you had no MOT will form part of the officers notes on the incident so could be raised in court and is a key point.
The magistrate will not believe or side with you as your car was not legally on the road. The magistrate could impose a worse punishment that has already been given.

It is not worth it mate..you cannot win this one.

clee
05-05-2011, 16:18
All these ' take it to court ' jesters :laugh::laugh:
As much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest :D

You got caught with no MOT and hence no insurance so shut-up ,take it on the chin and go phew! that was lucky ,glad I got away with that :cooter:;)

dangerous dave
05-05-2011, 17:44
i got tugged in my clio turbo doing 45 in a 40.. after a few minutes talking he let me off with the wrong style number lettering..

i took it as i hadn't declared the engine swap to the dvla, nor told my insurance.. :p

there nobbers for stitching you up with something so petty, but feck it... if you do try wriggle out of it your engine will blow up & penis will drop off........ sods law...

i've smashed 2 cars into road signs etc creating carnage and they've never knocked on my door asking about paying for it.. i also rammed a guy that beeped at me and they didn't come round.. its karma, i payed my speeding fine, my fine for craap plates and they leave me alone..:wasntme:

bigdur
05-05-2011, 18:07
I would've said contest it but the no MOT thing is a 6 point offence isn't it? However if you had a mate who owns a garage and can pen you into his diary for an MOT on that day as you could of legally been on your way to the test. Obviously I'd never condone such an action. Very naughty. :D

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 18:29
My fault for not keeping on top of the mot, the car doesnt get driven that much so its something i should have known- I'll put my hands up to that one.

I'd also have to agree with the whole appeal and yes i think an engineers report would maybe help me win the case- however a valid point has been made about the car should of not been on the road anyway, I think that'll just dig me a greater hole.

I'll swallow the penalty-but the car is staying the same.

tiff_lee
05-05-2011, 19:03
You got caught with no MOT and hence no insurance

I always thought that as well but I don't think it is actually as straight forward as that, just google no mot no insurance and see.

If he had no insurance due to no mot then wouldn't he be getting charged for no insurance?

bod 182
05-05-2011, 19:25
Rich take it on the chin i got done for doing 32mph in a 30 zone in my van a while back £60 fine and three points and offered a speed awarness course its all a load of crap but there you go life sucks.

tiff_lee
05-05-2011, 19:28
Well if you do just take it on the chin i'm not sure if leaving the setup exactly the same is wise, what's to stop the same copper or another pulling you again for the exact same thing and giving you 3 more points?

clee
05-05-2011, 19:35
I always thought that as well but I don't think it is actually as straight forward as that, just google no mot no insurance and see.

If he had no insurance due to no mot then wouldn't he be getting charged for no insurance?

My point was that any insurance would be invalid .
Not a police issue as it would only become invalid once his insurers became aware that the car had no MOT :coffee:
Until they cancel the policy he'd be covered but what do you think would happen if involved in an accident with no MOT ?

bod 182
05-05-2011, 20:14
Well if you do just take it on the chin i'm not sure if leaving the setup exactly the same is wise, what's to stop the same copper or another pulling you again for the exact same thing and giving you 3 more points?
adjust it then get road tax like everyones else im saying you caught out this time take the fine and points its not as if he had his car impounded

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 21:02
I'm standing my ground on the rebound issue the copper had. If/when it happens again it'll have an mot, I'll be more than happy to fight my corner then.

Ryan p
05-05-2011, 21:55
why not get it motd an spk to the tester an ask his opinion if he passes it obviously its road worthy an would back u up then id challange dont know how he can tell if the suspention is in a road worthy state unless he is a mot tester being in the motor trade there is no way i would have let it ride but got to say u were luck it wasnt impounded

GTphil
05-05-2011, 22:11
Still can't believe this:eek: I hope that copper traps his cock in his zip!!!

old skool turbo power
05-05-2011, 22:54
He should go do the same to a GT3 RS or another track derived road car and give them points too!

:agree:.can u imagine they would also have a field day with a megan r26.r:laugh:

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 23:09
Sod it! I've been told that the mot issue would not come up in a court of law as it's already been dealt with with a fpn to which I excepted, this is how the officer dealt with the matter and is case closed once the fpn is payed.

I'm also going to citizens advice to help me in the right direction, I'll be checking the offence code which is 123 load/dangerous.

As has been explained how can it be proved by a hand pushing on a wing that the suspension is deemed dangerous!

To the people who say get over it... why should I, I've excepted the mot offence, why should I except something that's not true, I believe I will hold a valid case if it mot'd and with a engineers report on the suspension being in correct working order.

There are hundreds and thousands of cars out there with the same so called rebound issue from kev cars to sports cars and supercars alike.

djinuk
05-05-2011, 23:14
go for it dude, i dont agree with just letting it lie personally... I was telling a friend earlier about it who has a stock height 180sx, i pushed the side of the car, guess what no rebound!!..

Gttnutter
05-05-2011, 23:27
Cheers! The wheels nor tyres touch the body of the car which I know can be picked up on regards an offence. The officer even mentioned " I don't see any issue with rubbing and it's good to see you've not got oversized wheels" :sad2:

tiff_lee
06-05-2011, 01:54
My point was that any insurance would be invalid .
Not a police issue as it would only become invalid once his insurers became aware that the car had no MOT :coffee:
Until they cancel the policy he'd be covered but what do you think would happen if involved in an accident with no MOT ?

My point was if you google'd it and had a look the insurance would still cover third party damage and in some cases the driver depending on circumstances.

So like I said it isn't as clear cut as no mot no insurance.

dave j gtt
06-05-2011, 03:06
All these ' take it to court ' jesters :laugh::laugh:
As much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest :D

You got caught with no MOT and hence no insurance so shut-up ,take it on the chin and go phew! that was lucky ,glad I got away with that :cooter:;)

Talking crap there mate. no mot does not mean no motor insurance certainly NOT.

Id forget about the ticket and see what happens, "if and when you go to court" explain you didnt relise mot was out, get your cars tested now. get a pass and put that infront of the judge ;)

dave j gtt
06-05-2011, 03:12
i had an mot inspecter try tell me the spring/rob on my brake compansator was seized, what a nob i told him what it did he still failed it untill i went thru it all again:crap: just as big a wan k er as this cop by sounds of it.

fishead
06-05-2011, 10:33
when you win make sure you say 'lost one now havent you cock end' an if you lose jus cut his leg off above knee an say 'now you got no rebound **** get off the pavement'

sounds to me he was givin it large to impress some lil female trainee thing

DaveMayGTT
06-05-2011, 11:24
when you win make sure you say 'lost one now havent you cock end'

Best bit of advice so far! :agree:

5 turbo
06-05-2011, 12:20
****in po po got nowt else to do:jerkoff:....
Got slapped a £60 for no seatbelt..........IN A CAR PARK!!!!:rant::brickwall::jerkoff:

Bunch off noshers the uk pd..not all off em but most imop....

Soz too drop a rant on your thread fella...Feel better now:coffee:

Good luck with it Fella,,an u could always try argue it through the good ol uk legal system:agree:

Edit...Lucky sod on mot!!Tiz a £60 an thats it i thinks...

philg
06-05-2011, 14:25
Sounds like another bully boy to me, he will get whats coming to him one day, look at mr wrathband i bet he never dreamt that bloke he bullied for years would turn up like that.

Its a crying shame we dont have a good police force, yeah they have a nightmare job to do, blah blah, but its there decision to uphold the law and surely they know whats right and wrong and can differentiate between the scum bags and just some boy racer.

They will have you over in court, if it was not for the no mot thing i would say fight to the death, but it will get brought up and as soon as the magistrates here that, it will only go one way for you.

Swallow it mate, like someone said carma, if he goes round like this all the time, he will come a cropper one day.

LiamR
06-05-2011, 14:38
The policeman sounds like he was looking for an excuse to get you on something. I totally disagree with what you have been penalised for.

BUT the issue you have is the fact you had no MOT. I know its a seperate offence etc etc but it would still go against you.

In my opinion, I'd keep the suspension the same, def get an MOT and if he tries it again, take it further to appeal.

For the moment swallow the points and fine as I think you will just spend out even more money appealing at the moment, and quite possibly end up with a much worse judgement.

Just my opinion, dont shoot me down for it :)