PDA

View Full Version : hi spec caliper help

r5 rich
05-05-2011, 11:37
I have a set of hi spec 4 pot calipers which are running a 325mm disc but I want to run these under 15" wheels so going to have to change to a 285mm discs. I phoned up hi spec and spoke to them for prices and information and new brackets and discs and to say I was shocked was an understatemnet.

72.30+ vat for the pair of caliper brackets
75.72+ vat for each front disc
18+ vat for the spacer inside the caliper maybe needed if the disc is wider than what I will need.

Can anyone help me on where to get discs and would a set of the 285mm caliper brackets from the cheaper kits fit no problem?

markey b
05-05-2011, 12:07
I have a set of hi spec 4 pot calipers which are running a 325mm disc but I want to run these under 15" wheels so going to have to change to a 285mm discs. I phoned up hi spec and spoke to them for prices and information and new brackets and discs and to say I was shocked was an understatemnet.

72.30+ vat for the pair of caliper brackets
75.72+ vat for each front disc
18+ vat for the spacer inside the caliper maybe needed if the disc is wider than what I will need.

Can anyone help me on where to get discs and would a set of the 285mm caliper brackets from the cheaper kits fit no problem?

what are the discs like? i have a mint 285mm kit on mine... if yours are any good keep calipers but swap discs and brackets, assuming its 5 fitment>

r5 rich
05-05-2011, 12:14
what are the discs like? i have a mint 285mm kit on mine... if yours are any good keep calipers but swap discs and brackets, assuming its 5 fitment>

the discs I have at the minute use the bell housing in the centre of the disc and a bit rusty as the car has stood for a while but being the size they are they will be sold. I am wanting to swap the discs and bracket but really I don`t want to pay hi-spec prices as its silly really!

markey b
05-05-2011, 12:33
send me a pic and maybe swap my discs and brackets (which are mint) for your discs and brackets, so i can fill my 16's and you can fit under 15's, if that makes sense ;)

r5 rich
05-05-2011, 12:38
send me a pic and maybe swap my discs and brackets (which are mint) for your discs and brackets, so i can fill my 16's and you can fit under 15's, if that makes sense ;)

will do, the car had only done 500 miles since being kind of completed so I would be more than happy to do that. All the discs would need is a wirebrush and some spray can paint to make them good as new again really.

markey b
05-05-2011, 12:44
are the same fitment as gtt? are they alloy bells and if so what colour?

i know my discs are mint as i do so little mileage, they still have machine marks on them lol

r5 rich
05-05-2011, 15:50
looks like Mark and myself have cracked a deal.

RTOC love again:agree:

markey b
05-05-2011, 17:07
:agree: ;)