PDA

View Full Version : My new White J Reg R5 Gt Turbo

Madmax
04-05-2011, 21:44
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

This is my return to an R5 after a break of 10 years and I think is my 7th GTT

I bought this a few weeks ago from a breaker near Birmingham as a Cat C due to it having a damaged front bumper and cross member. Not a bad example and appears quite clean. The HPI info ties up with the 81K showing on the clock but who knows?? Has anyone owned it previously?

I have started to take it to bits as the bumper in the pics has been fitted but the repair work underneath not carried out yet. I have purchased most bits and am about to set to it with a grinder to replace below - (thanks to CGB and Mike @ GT Turbo spares and a very helpful young lad at the local Renault dealers)

New OE inner wings
New cross member
Replacement inner arches
New OE bonnet
New bumper strips
Orange indicators
New O/S wing
New OE front bumper
Replacement yellow fogs
Replacement rear clusters
Replacement door cards
New Grill

Most of the above could probably be patched and straightened but I am just being picky

The car is going back to standard so the lights and spoiler have been removed and sold (and sent to Italy) – I will post some more pics with my progress

The bumper in the pics will be up for sale soon as well – it does have a fibreglass repair to the lower N/S

Turbo_Dan
09-05-2011, 15:33
Looks nice mate
But please lose the spoiler had one on mine and got shot of it just doesn't look good in my eyes

djinuk
09-05-2011, 15:36
he already said
"The car is going back to standard so the lights and spoiler have been removed and sold (and sent to Italy) – I will post some more pics with my progress

"

best of luck with it dude :)

5 turbo
09-05-2011, 15:48
cool another hopefully saved..:agree:

Originally 1st registered in Essex going by plate...JN is a Chelmsford Prefix pretty sure...Might help with the owner tracing...Somewhere to start praps?

keep us posted on Progres fella..:popcorn:

Turbo_Dan
09-05-2011, 16:11
Ok I admit I didnt read all the description
But thanks djinuk pointing that out was really helpful

dangerous dave
09-05-2011, 17:10
us J plate owners are getting rare now, so its good to see theres another one knocking about on the club:D

you'll be glad to hear yours looks way better, as mine looks a propper sh1tter at the mo.. look forward to seeing yours progress:agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
09-05-2011, 17:15
Nice to see another J plater. I have a White and a Tungy one tucked away.

Madmax
09-05-2011, 22:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I always wanted a J reg, so was glad to get hold of this one.

Had the same thought about the spoiler so got it sold. The front bumper shown did hide some damage and a bit of rust so most if it is removed at the moment.

The plan is to weld in the in the new cross member, get it roughly back together with the new bonnet and bumper and get an MOT on it. It needs this before it can be VOSA VIC checked to get the log book back(it was Cat C damaged due to bumper and cross member). Once this is done I will completely strip it and weld in all the new panels before a re-spray. I don't want to do all the work first then have trouble re-registering it.

I'll get some progress pics up soon.