PDA

View Full Version : Carb Help Please

J8TRO
04-05-2011, 21:01
With Mallory a month away to the date, the 5 is back on the road and runs fine all but the stuttering intermittently experienced in hard acceleration. It wasn't a problem on track last year but i still want it sorted for piece of mind.

After chatting to other members, it would seam Hi Tech Motorsport near me (rightly re-named Low Tech by Mart) didn't really know what they were doing with the GTT carb.

Anyhow. I'm after a members help with knowledge of the carb's who's willing to help. I'm free this weekend and next and willing to travel as long as its not silly distances to meet some fellow members and get this sorted. If i can lend a hand in return then i will if anyone has any 2 man job. I'm also good at making tea and passing tools :p

It's basically messing with the jets and having access to an AFR.........if anyone can help please let me know. I'd be very grateful :agree:

bigdur
04-05-2011, 22:58
If it's just a strip down and clean I'd be happy to help, just done mine. I have the micro drill bits to check the jets too.

J8TRO
05-05-2011, 14:04
might take you up on that, it might help. I really need to get it jetted correctly and to do that its a bit of guess work but totally pointless without an AFR reader.

Can anyone help. I'm willing to pay for help i just want it right.

bigdur
05-05-2011, 16:56
We could get the carb running sweet I'm sure (had mine off enough times in the past weeks) but without an AFR meter you would be guessing, not a good thing! Thought about getting an AEM? Theres a guy by me charged £20 to weld mine in!

J8TRO
05-05-2011, 17:01
If i get a bung welded in my DP have you got an AEM to attach?

bigdur
05-05-2011, 17:07
I have but it's wired into my car, you get a bung with an AEM, I'd not be happy running mine without one tbh, these cars seem to play up often so its good to keep an eye on things on an on-going basis IMHO.

The other option is to zip down the M40 and see Markeymark if he can fit you in, now he REALLY seems to know his onions. That'll be money well spent and he has an up the zorst AFM too. :agree:

IANMM
08-05-2011, 18:28
i will have my wideband in about a week mate if that helps?

J8TRO
08-05-2011, 18:43
Definitely mate, looking to get an AEM AFR myself to make it a lot easier, just would need your advice then on jets etc and a little trial and error