PDA

View Full Version : safe limit for t2/25 boosting?

tubbyG
04-05-2011, 19:50
evening gents,
I will be aquiring an AEM wideband gauge within the next week. so once my car is on the road I am going to be uppin 'da boost'......any ideas what pressure my t2/25 would be able to handle or be at its optimum?

Guybrush
04-05-2011, 19:54
evening gents,
I will be aquiring an AEM wideband gauge within the next week. so once my car is on the road I am going to be uppin 'da boost'......any ideas what pressure my t2/25 would be able to handle or be at its optimum?

You've got a FMIC, so i reckon with appropriate fuelling 18psi would be a sensible pressure to run.

dangerous dave
04-05-2011, 20:05
as above i think, just work the boost up slowly and keep a check on your fueling.. 18psi should have you flying:smokin:

tubbyG
04-05-2011, 20:09
that sounds good to me!!:D

tubbyG
04-05-2011, 23:10
What sort of power have you guys mamaged to achieve with this turbo?

dangerous dave
04-05-2011, 23:25
What sort of power have you guys mamaged to achieve with this turbo?

i took my old 5 up the strip and it worked out i had a non bullsh1t 130bhp with a standard t2.. the t2/t25 car i've been in is quicker, much quicker, so i think it'll be in the 150-160 area, perhaps more depending on everything else..

that might not sound mega, but thats good power through out the rev range.. i've run a massive turbo with massive lag and its not all that its cracked up to be.. a trip to a mates house and you wont come on boost once:(

tubbyG
04-05-2011, 23:37
Dave - did that car have any other mods apart from turbo?
I was planning a bigger turbo later this year once funds free up a bit. I have spent smaller amounts on other bits such as 285 cam, l&b flywheel etc. Cam is Prob not best suited to the t2/25 I know but was easier for me to do these before turbo upgrade

dangerous dave
05-05-2011, 00:02
Dave - did that car have any other mods apart from turbo?
I was planning a bigger turbo later this year once funds free up a bit. I have spent smaller amounts on other bits such as 285 cam, l&b flywheel etc. Cam is Prob not best suited to the t2/25 I know but was easier for me to do these before turbo upgrade

the engine and internals were standard, only 18psi an alloy cooler, exhaust, filter and good fueling.. when the pmt boys talk about tuning the gtt for 140-150bhp, it can be done on very little.. every stage there after seems to involve replacing something ££ and often the weakest link pops its head out..

try the t2t25 and see how it is, but as you say, your setting yourself up for a t25 already so just go with it..