PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Brakes

GaryS
02-05-2011, 18:18
Hello people, im have trouble bleeding my brakes, ive put some 4pot brakes on the front so im trying to bleed all the brakes, i can get fluid out the rear passenger side and the two front but get nothing from the rear drivers side?? ive got a easy bleed thing that connects to my compressor and got the rear compensator valve tied forward. Anything else i can try? Thanks.

Kris M
02-05-2011, 18:51
Have you undone the actual brake pipe at the rear caliper to see if you are getting fluid to there ?? It could be blocked somewhere inside the caliper itself??

GaryS
02-05-2011, 18:56
Ive had some small amounts of fluid out but thats it. Oh and i forgot to mention that when i try and bleed them by pumping the pedal it seems to suck some of the fluid back when u let off the peddle. Could this be the master cylinder?

Andrew Cooke
02-05-2011, 19:05
pedal down
lock off the bleed
pedal up
open the bleed
pedal down

etc until you almost give up all hope...

however, it seems that old master cylinders don't like this full travel stuff and I've known a couple die soon after....

GaryS
02-05-2011, 22:53
I have also tryed that way also but not much luck, how long would it take to pump the fluid through? Also is it a valve that gets stuck in the master cylinder? Cheers.

Turbo_Dan
03-05-2011, 01:34
I had the same problem when mine was due for mot
Turnt out to be the rear compensator
Fitted a new one and the problem was gone