PDA

View Full Version : cup mod oil breather

bennyboy
01-05-2011, 13:16
recently put a oil catch can on my car but the can fills up (about 1 litre) after 150miles or so with creamy watery oil, should it fill up this fast? im thinking because its alumimuim its condencing alot more?

any advise please?

cpt chunk
01-05-2011, 15:58
Well, Im pretty sure creamy white oil = Headgasket is failing mate..

cpt chunk
01-05-2011, 16:01
Is the car smoking at all?

bennyboy
01-05-2011, 17:16
just had full engine rebuild, when you look inside the rocker cover its nice and clean althou the pipes from the rocker cover are creamy white inside, shes not smoking either, it was a forge oil separator that i had on, then a separate bottle from that, wasnt sure about the pipe work on it so ive taken it all off and put a lucozade bottle on, tee'd the pipe from the sump in to the rocker cover pipe then in to my lucozade bottle,(as shown on a thread on here) so far nothing in it but gasses, so i'll see how it goes. think its just been some bad piping on my behalf .

thanks anyway ben

Adam 005
01-05-2011, 18:08
somethings not correct with that.you should not be filling the catch tank in 150 miles.sounds like head gasket.On a long shot could be a liner seal.
Do a comp test to rule out head gasket if problem continues whip sump off and look for signs of line seal leak cheack oil for water