PDA

View Full Version : Gt turbo value

benj88
28-04-2011, 00:56
This has been on my mind a while chaps. Just wondering what people think. Do people think the Renault 5 gt turbos will go up in value in the years too come? I have no intention of selling mine but iv just been wondering. Rs turbos are going for really good money, also mk1 golfs do as well. I don't understand why the 5s arnt?

Let me no your thoughts

Benj.

TNT ANDY
28-04-2011, 06:38
This has been on my mind a while chaps. Just wondering what people think. Do people think the Renault 5 gt turbos will go up in value in the years too come? I have no intention of selling mine but iv just been wondering. Rs turbos are going for really good money, also mk1 golfs do as well. I don't understand why the 5s arnt?

Let me no your thoughts

Benj.

I was talking to someone about this the other day and I think it comes down to 3 things.

1. Chav culture and really poor styling options (thanks Jamie Shaw / Carisma)
2. Because people used to simply up da-boost and pop head gaskets left right and centre, the reputation was not what it should have been.
3. Build quality was knowhere near as good as the 205 GTI, Golf GTI, XR2 etc. (Which BTW is possibly why the 5GTT out performed the others, (lighter))

I'm sure that this list is not exhaustive but these will all count for a lack of following therefore intrest.

That said, good condition standard cars will be worth a pretty penny I would think.

benj88
28-04-2011, 08:10
You've got a good point fella. Everytime iv spoken to someone about 5s that's all they say there unreliable etc.. It's a shame they get such a bad name because of people not knowing how to look after them and thinking they an just up the boost. A lot of people have respect for them mine gets a lot of attention, I just hope if I ever do sell it I'd get a decent price for it.

philg
28-04-2011, 08:33
I think golfs, rs turbo ect can fetch good money, but there are loads for sale up to and around £2000, so that puts them in the same price bracket as the gt.

Good ones on the other had will go for small fortunes, these are obviously the cars that have had thousands spent on restorations or untouched mint low millage examples.

Im sure hoolio would want about 5-6k for his car if he ever sold it.

Like andy said, to many ali g 5s out there and bad press keeps the prices low.

I will give you 2k for yours if you want to sell it :cooter:

benj88
28-04-2011, 10:15
Haha il have to reject ur offer Phil, however I do love yours...:D

Brigsy
28-04-2011, 10:22
Just keep it in minty nick until theres hardly any left benj, then you can ask whatever price you want ;)

Sparkie
28-04-2011, 13:04
i think another problem is that turbo 2's can be got for £14k - £25k

this effectively puts a cap on what you would get for a gt turbo as they haven't got the same rally heritage.

benj88
28-04-2011, 16:27
Just keep it in minty nick until theres hardly any left benj, then you can ask whatever price you want ;)

Haha that's the game mate, I was winding Austin up yesterday saying in a few year the 5 will be worth more than his 182 he wasn't having any of it lol.

raider_gtt
28-04-2011, 19:29
I was talking to someone about this the other day and I think it comes down to 3 things.

1. Chav culture and really poor styling options (thanks Jamie Shaw / Carisma)
2. Because people used to simply up da-boost and pop head gaskets left right and centre, the reputation was not what it should have been.
3. Build quality was knowhere near as good as the 205 GTI, Golf GTI, XR2 etc. (Which BTW is possibly why the 5GTT out performed the others, (lighter))

I'm sure that this list is not exhaustive but these will all count for a lack of following therefore intrest.

That said, good condition standard cars will be worth a pretty penny I would think.

this sounds spot on to me i think its going to be time will tell ;):confused::confused::confused:

Danboi2
28-04-2011, 20:00
I think thats the good thing about shows like fcs where its not just a r5 day and alot of other people can see how well these cars are looked after. Just a shame there not that much interest for it

Renault 5 GT Turbo
29-04-2011, 11:40
I know that if I had joined up on here before finding my car, I would have offered two owners on here £7k+ for their cars in the hope that one of them would have considered selling.

A lot of you will know who's cars I am referring to.

Many people on here seem to loose track on how much money and time they put into these cars, easily done mind! Now I know cars don't necessarily equal the sum of their parts and purchase price, but it does play a strong part as without it there would be few running cars.

5 turbo
29-04-2011, 13:03
The Five's cred has took a kicking over the years."Ali G" an all that...
They were then unwanted an sold to muppets wo killed most of em and only now are they becoming truely valued again...Sadly the value aint in cash.
Looked @some lovely one's but when they do come up there seriously top money and too some not worth that for a G reg car:rolleyes:

Rs turbo's an fords in general are the same,good uns fetch a mint,but it takes a century too sell em for there true value..
I have a phase two..bro in law as a Fez turbo...
Bro in law says the 5 for all there faults is a better buzz than his rs:laugh:
Hopefully the 5gtt will become retro cool again...Alot of fordies are seeing the 5s old skool tuning/mechanical potential an wanting to get back to good ol fashioned Tinkering at its best...Something the 5 does best,,They Love's being tinkered with...:coffee: