PDA

View Full Version : Hose clips

Bass J
26-04-2011, 22:57
Hi folks me again :laugh:

I recently turned the boost up on my clio ...seems my boost pipes keep popping off with 20+psi flowing through them. what do you boys use as an alternative?

is there heavy duty ones i can buy? ..if so ..can ya'll point me in the direction of where to get them :smokin:

Cheers :D

J$£5GTT
26-04-2011, 23:06
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=2510&highlight=hose+clips

http://ukpumpsupplies.co.uk/browse.asp?cat=12/1219/1219-3&gclid=CK_yt9aYu6gCFUEb4QodwHxFCg

think dawno set up a discount with mikalor....
:)

TNT ANDY
26-04-2011, 23:09
Hi folks me again :laugh:

I recently turned the boost up on my clio ...seems my boost pipes keep popping off with 20+psi flowing through them. what do you boys use as an alternative?

is there heavy duty ones i can buy? ..if so ..can ya'll point me in the direction of where to get them :smokin:

Cheers :D

I am to assume that the pipes that pop off are not swagged?

If not then a good alternative to swagging and pipes popping off is to indent the ends of the pipes at 3 or 4 points from the inside out to prevent blow offs. Just use a cold chisel and this will stop that. obviously swagging is better as this will help seal the pipe under pressure, but this is a good alternative.
:agree:

Bass J
26-04-2011, 23:16
I am to assume that the pipes that pop off are not swagged?

If not then a good alternative to swagging and pipes popping off is to indent the ends of the pipes at 3 or 4 points from the inside out to prevent blow offs. Just use a cold chisel and this will stop that. obviously swagging is better as this will help seal the pipe under pressure, but this is a good alternative.
:agree:

Its a mix between stainless pipe and cut up standard gtt hosing lol ..the stainless pipe has a rim at the edges to stop them slipping off ..its the joiners that keep popping off if that makes sense...reason im thinking using better hose clamps would sort this :D

TNT ANDY
27-04-2011, 06:49
Its a mix between stainless pipe and cut up standard gtt hosing lol ..the stainless pipe has a rim at the edges to stop them slipping off ..its the joiners that keep popping off if that makes sense...reason im thinking using better hose clamps would sort this :D

Just a note - I have used normal jubilee clips (I doubt they are even stainless!) with the above mentioned 'swagging' and held 50+ psi in the boost circuit for over an hour with no drop in pressure at all.

A member saw my clamps and after trying to convince me to spend my cash on 'Mikalor' items has had no end of trouble getting his to hold more than 10psi has had to accept that it will leak if only a little.

It's not what you've got, it's what and how you choose to use it!

Bass J
27-04-2011, 18:58
It's not what you've got, it's what and how you choose to use it!

haha ..ive heard that saying before :laugh::laugh:

what do you mean by swagging by the way? ...got a pic of how its done? :)

Bass J
27-04-2011, 22:33
Well..sorted the problem by putting two jubilee clip's on said area ...went a drive for an hour ..with putting the foot down a lot ...and its holding on strong :D:D

TNT ANDY
27-04-2011, 23:12
Well..sorted the problem by putting two jubilee clip's on said area ...went a drive for an hour ..with putting the foot down a lot ...and its holding on strong :D:D

Nice one Bass - I don't have any pictures atm, I'll do one tomorrow and
post up here.

Bass J
27-04-2011, 23:32
cheers andy :)

reco
28-04-2011, 07:50
i know what he means bob :P

Bass J
28-04-2011, 21:46
Ok kool :) ..something to sort soon then :cooter::cooter: