PDA

View Full Version : OOOPPPSSS done it again

Ross99
08-11-2008, 14:20
well i'm off to the shot gun cabinet,

got suckered again and yes i know you'd have thought i'd learnt my lesson!

blue phase 1 with the following bits
tubular manifold
ported and polished head
some kinda stage 2 cam?
twin custom exhaust
lightened and balanced fly wheel
lowered
ok alloys
massive fmic
group a carb
uprated pistons
loads more
t28 and spare gt28?

as usual thinking with my 1 cell, i brought it, yes without even seeing it in the metal, wellit turned up today on the lorry, and, guess what yes you got it i've been seen well and truly utterly right off!

bits are there, but in bits and bobs, cars been stripped back aei is off fmic is all off, no minor hoses, dash clocks are out, you name it i got to put it back in place.

i'd like to say i'm not happy but how dare i complain when i'm stupid enough to take a ridiculous risk again and again.

only thing for it is to take a massive loss, and ad what i can to my car and see what i can achieve for the rest.

dangerous dave
08-11-2008, 14:32
these 5's are often in a total state and the grass is never greener, your car has x wrong with it, the next one has x y and z wrong with it..

99.9% there are no short cuts, its hard word or gonna cost £££££££

i picked up another one, it was a 50/50 chance wether i'd be able to sort it out for the road so i made sure it was good enough to break for parts to get my money back + spares for my black 5..

what did you spend? pics?

Ross99
08-11-2008, 15:28
try and get some later and a bit enbarrassed this time to discuss what i paid, far to much put it that way.

will be breaking it

Blick
08-11-2008, 15:58
as i said mate i did warn u after seein the car last sat when i went4 bits.... told u it was a STATE :laugh::laugh: u mad man.:eek:

Penfold aka The Dealer
08-11-2008, 16:07
Ouch sorry to hear u brought another lemon...

What exactly are you after in a 5? Track day toy or every day use? I have 2 5's, for the right price i would sell a car.. ;-) hopefully buying another this afternoon...

Ross99
08-11-2008, 16:27
just one solid good one, i think with some of the bits off this new one i'm nearly there, but hey ho just got to get on with it, the car is not a total lemon its just a matter of do i break it and waist time that way or simply put it together and see if its any good and sell it on its actually a nice tidy shell and got a few expensive parts its just tatty aroundthe edges, so might look into that.