PDA

View Full Version : Wishbone bush question

philg
24-04-2011, 18:34
I have a little question guys, i herd a bit on knocking from my car the other week, on inspecting i noticed the wishbones could move along the bush by about 4mm, i put a bar in and yes the wishbone can slide on the outer mount.

I have a polly bush set up with the inner tube then bush then the outer tube, the only way i can get the wishbone to stay still was to either bend the sub frame and fit, or what i have done is fitted large m12 washers on the insides of the bush to take up a bit of the slack.

I have been driving about a week again and i can still hear some movement.

I just had a good search and another member said you have to tack weld the wishbone to the outer sleeve on the bush or eventually the wishbone will wear the outer bush out.

Im guessing that by doing this the whole wishbone then pivots on the inner tube and the bolts.

philg
24-04-2011, 18:35
Forgot to mention the bushes slide into the wishbone fine, a nice tight fit but can be turned by hand.

tiff_lee
24-04-2011, 19:10
When I fitted powerflex poly bushes the small instructions recommended tack welding as you have mentioned to stop the wishbone sliding on the outer sleeves.

philg
24-04-2011, 19:18
When I fitted powerflex poly bushes the small instructions recommended tack welding as you have mentioned to stop the wishbone sliding on the outer sleeves.

Thanks for that, i wonder how many others have just chucked them on like me :scared::laugh:

tiff_lee
24-04-2011, 21:36
I did notice when I pressed out the oe bushes and fitted the powerflex outer sleeves they were nowhere near as tight.