PDA

View Full Version : Renault Engine Swaps

Woznaldo
23-04-2011, 05:42
I've just been reading all about the BYP Honda Civic Time Attack car complete with it's K24 supercharged engine and it got me thinking....

The biggest down side to running a bigger engine in a GTT is the extra weight forward of the front axle that upsets the handling a bit. What modern Renault engines have alloy blocks that could be developed as a lightweight (relatively) power plant for a racing/rallying GTT, or clio for that matter?

Keeping it Renault would make it more eligible for different types of motorsport.

I can't think of one and if that is the case having an alloy block custom made for a current Renault engine would be an expensive option.

Os8472
23-04-2011, 09:44
I've just been reading all about the BYP Honda Civic Time Attack car complete with it's K24 supercharged engine and it got me thinking....

The biggest down side to running a bigger engine in a GTT is the extra weight forward of the front axle that upsets the handling a bit. What modern Renault engines have alloy blocks that could be developed as a lightweight (relatively) power plant for a racing/rallying GTT, or clio for that matter?

Keeping it Renault would make it more eligible for different types of motorsport.

I can't think of one and if that is the case having an alloy block custom made for a current Renault engine would be an expensive option.

I don't think Renault have alloy blocked engines mate

Woznaldo
23-04-2011, 15:13
Ok, if there are no alloy block Renault engines, what are the weights of the engines in the current engine range compared to the C1J?