PDA

View Full Version : Starting problems

clarkey21
22-04-2011, 18:21
How about this!!!

Been having trouble starting, so have replaced the fuel pump and filter with new worked well yesterday. Tried to start today but it fired up for a minute then cut out and now no sign of firing. I think it could be a relay problem...When it was running yesterday you could hear the new pump working, but cannot hear it today...I have also already replaced the TDC sensor... Should you be able to hear the pump prime when the ignition is turned on? Or a relay energise??? Or can you bypass the relay to get it to run the pump???

beaver
22-04-2011, 19:03
sounds like your relay xxxxxx, you can bypass it by crossing 2 of the conections with a piece of wire, not sure witch ones tho.

Alastair
22-04-2011, 21:45
How about this!!!

Been having trouble starting, so have replaced the fuel pump and filter with new worked well yesterday. Tried to start today but it fired up for a minute then cut out and now no sign of firing. I think it could be a relay problem...When it was running yesterday you could hear the new pump working, but cannot hear it today...I have also already replaced the TDC sensor... Should you be able to hear the pump prime when the ignition is turned on? Or a relay energise??? Or can you bypass the relay to get it to run the pump???

Your pump wont run if the AEI doesnt latch the ignition relay. make sure all three connections to the AEI are on properly, you probably knocked one when you changed the TDC lead, otherwise as per last post bridge your relay and see if the pump runs, if it doesnt then check the connections to the pump under the car, there is a connector plug to it, and check the terminals on the pump too....