PDA

View Full Version : Rear windscreen wiper and heated rear screen

Jimmy5
21-04-2011, 12:37
Hi all

Have had a problem with my GT Turbo since Ive got it that the rear heated screen and rear windscreen wiper dont work. Ive circuit checked the rear hatch loom and that seems to be all ok, checked the fuse and thats all ok. the heated rear screen light does not come on when I press the swith so has anyone any ideas?

Cheers

James

michael tierney
21-04-2011, 20:27
switch connection plus fuse box for overheating,one of your HRW connections should be an earth

Woznaldo
21-04-2011, 22:05
There's a wiring digram in the 'files' section that will help you find your fault but, sounds like you need to see where you are getting 12v in the circuit.

Jimmy5
21-04-2011, 22:54
Have tried following the wiring diagram and to be honest with the rear wiper am at a total loss. How do you get the switches out of the dash? As then i can get a voltmetre on the different wires

J$£5GTT
21-04-2011, 23:19
Have tried following the wiring diagram and to be honest with the rear wiper am at a total loss. How do you get the switches out of the dash? As then i can get a voltmetre on the different wires

could be dodgy switch or just a blown bulb thats why it wont light up,switches can be removed by pressing them down and then sliding them forward.

rear wiper..maybe it just the white connector going into the motor,try cleaning that up,if no joy check fuses etc....

rear screen demist maybe just a case of the filement connection!?,they can come of the screen,to find that out just have a look behind those black rubber covers/buffers.if so can be repaired..
:):agree:

Jimmy5
22-04-2011, 19:53
Will give that a try ta, have checked contacts on heated rear screen and they seam ok will try a volt metre against them both as assume this is a circuit?

Cheers

James

Jimmy5
25-04-2011, 19:06
Well after a productive day i managed to get both heated rear screen and rear wiper working!

Only needed a 20 amp fuse (had a 5amp in fuse box) - that sorted heated rear screen
a new wiper motor and boot wiring loom - sorted the rear wiper - even the intermitent works as well so well pleased!

J$£5GTT
25-04-2011, 19:57
:agree::)