PDA

View Full Version : Tank sender

Jimmy_GTT
21-04-2011, 07:46
Have you ever had problems with the sender?
Is there a filter at the bottom of it? I suspect mine has been blocked.
My car has been modified to EFI during the winter and on Monday evening the fuel delivery has suddenly reduced by about 20%.
I think this could be the cause as all other parts are new. (pump, fuel lines, filter)
I've measured the delivery of the injectors yesterday with MegaSquirt injector tester and it is clearly visible that all injectors deliver equal amount but about 18-20% less than calculated.
How to clean it up?

James5
21-04-2011, 08:18
Not really a filter as such just a metal gauze, remove the sender from the tank and you will see it at the base, also what fpr are you using ? Have you set pressure on the fpr?

SCHWARTZ
21-04-2011, 08:34
And check the pump feed for kinks.

Jimmy_GTT
21-04-2011, 08:52
I have a new Bosch 3bar FPR. Not a noname adjustable one.

I plan to takethe sender out today after work.

I'll also check the pump feed pipe! Thanks

Jimmy_GTT
21-04-2011, 20:24
Sender is totally clean. And at least the phase 1 sender doesn't have any filter/gauze.
Pump feed is also OK.
What could be the problem why my fuel delivery has suddenly decreased by 18-20%?
Pump, filter, FPR all new. Max. 1000km.
Could it be that FPR regulator has gone? I think it is basicly for some NA engine. Could it be that the 1.3bar boost killed it? This deliver problem occured right after some fast road test.

Jimmy_GTT
22-04-2011, 08:40
Can someone please send me a picture from the bottom of the sender where this gauze can be seen?
I do not know if there was no filter at all or it has been sucked by the pump.

Thanks

Adam 005
22-04-2011, 08:53
some fuel pumps have a small fillter in them which sits in side the hose tail of the pump.could be a blocked fuel fillter.
Is the breather on the fuel system blocked.