PDA

View Full Version : 285mm big brake conversion kit

BluntyR5GTT
19-04-2011, 06:18
hi guys just wondering if the club would be interested in doing us some sort of group buy on the 285mm big brake conversion kit for the 5 gt turbo ?

as i now know once power is upped the standard brakes aint up to much really

djinuk
19-04-2011, 07:42
i believe the standard brakes with decent pads are meant to be plenty for the r5 matey...

Although i admit my car came with 285mm brakes, i guess the thing is its only a very light car.

TNT ANDY
19-04-2011, 08:01
i believe the standard brakes with decent pads are meant to be plenty for the r5 matey...

Although i admit my car came with 285mm brakes, i guess the thing is its only a very light car.

Good comment, but what are peoples thoughts on standard sized brakes on track? I have been on track with the larger disks with standard pads. I experienced fade. I wonder if the standard disk with performance pads is the way to go in order to keep un- sprung weight to a minimum.

car.crash
19-04-2011, 09:20
Get some prices on various kits with differant pads and see what people want. If you want a group buy you need to make more effort than asking the club to sort it

Bigfoot
19-04-2011, 09:55
If anyone was looking at doing this, might be worthwhile getting the extenders made up, possibly looking at DS2500 pads, and then some discs and making up the kit yourself

Extenders can work out around £45 I seem to remember
Pads are around the £70 and same with the discs

So for £185 you can get a decent setup, but then again most people think that just using normal sized discs with DS2500 pads will be fine.