View Full Version : gsf clutch kit part number

Fordy
18-04-2011, 10:53
does anyone know the part number for the Sachs uprated kit from gsf?
been on the phone this morning and they list a luk kit for the uprated

Woznaldo
18-04-2011, 11:02
You need to get the green Valeo uprated Volvo clutch. I think it's the same part number as the Sachs uprated at GSF so, you'll need to phone them and be specific. The Valeo clutch is good for up to 200 ponies.

Sparkie will clear up any duff advice I may have given.....

spinner
18-04-2011, 11:04
does anyone know the part number for the Sachs uprated kit from gsf?
been on the phone this morning and they list a luk kit for the uprated

The Sachs Clutch isnt uprated mate.Gsf were selling the Sachs and luk last time i phoned them as they couldnt get the valeo volvo clutch.The old gsf number was R-801015.

Markey B has a new one for sale if you get stuck tho.Link below
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=21780

phase i 16 v turbo
18-04-2011, 12:44
Keep the Green Box kits on the shelf if you get stuck.

Thanks
Mike

Fordy
18-04-2011, 13:38
I'll send over a pm tonight mike

Sparkie
18-04-2011, 18:50
i phoned them as they couldnt get the valeo volvo clutch.The old gsf number was R-801015.

you've been spun a line there mate. GSF will have used sachs and LuK as they are cheaper clutch to buy. The buying department are there to make money, not look at the technical specification of the clutches. they CAN get them as a special order, but you'd have to pay upfront, and it would take a couple of days, as it'd be delivered to birmingham branch by valeo (who are in redditch), then sent to your local gsf hub, then sent to the local branch. 3 days max i'd have said.

Fordy
18-04-2011, 19:51
is the green box valeo a clutch cable snapper? not fussed by a heavy pedal but how often will the cable snap :laugh:

thought i read somewhere the sachs clutchs could handle some power?

dangerous dave
18-04-2011, 20:33
is the green box valeo a clutch cable snapper? not fussed by a heavy pedal but how often will the cable snap :laugh:

thought i read somewhere the sachs clutchs could handle some power?

i had 3 snap on me in a row on my first gtt, but then it was fine there after.. then when the engine went in a clio it was fine on the clios cable, then the engine went into another 5 which hasn't snapped a cable for 10k or more..

i think sh1t cables is more to blame and the stiffer springs just hate them.. :)