PDA

View Full Version : would you mind it not being a true r5 gtt

dizzeeR5
17-04-2011, 23:24
I have a TL shell and wondered if it was you woud you mind if your r5 gtt was now a renault 5 tl with a gtt lump init..

it might be a track toy yet still undecided...

? :)

Brigsy
18-04-2011, 00:02
If the shell is rot free personally i wouldnt care less:)

Shakes
18-04-2011, 00:11
if your planning on keeping the car what diffrence does it make as long as your happy :cool:
i should imagine it would effect the sale cost though?.

BriC
18-04-2011, 08:12
if your planning on keeping the car what diffrence does it make as long as your happy :cool:
i should imagine it would effect the sale cost though?.

IF you're planning on keeping it, then yes, it shouldn't matter.

However, I recall seeing a very tidy 5 campus on eBay some time ago, that had all the GTT parts converted into a rust free shell, and it had been resprayed. All looked very nice and clean, but really struggled to sell at £1500. It looked easily like a £2k+ car, but I think the fact it was a campus put a lot of people off.

Also saw my old campus (white GTT lookalike) on eBay, which had a GTT conversion. Think it sold for £900. Was a tidy car.. when I had it at least anyway. But it easily would have broke for more even if it turned out to be a shed - had Ronal Turbo's, full 6 point cage, FMIC, lots of silicone, etc

dizzeeR5
18-04-2011, 08:13
cheers guys. i shall get cracking. lol

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-04-2011, 09:34
Were going to sell alot more campus reshells...

A clean 5 shell is what mattter the most....

If you need a hand let me know ( btw will you do the conversion yourself)

dizzeeR5
18-04-2011, 10:11
ello chris.

yea Im going to do it myself at my work shop. should be a fun little project to pass the time. lol

the gtt lump has been sitting in the gtt for a few years npt so i think it needs a good rebuild tho :cooter:. any excuse to get dirty lol

all i gotta lookinto is that thread on here of what i can stip on the looms inside and out.

happy days

Woznaldo
18-04-2011, 10:53
Like 'The Dealer' said, a good shell is a good shell. Unless you are attempting to restore a GTT to concours condition with the intent or doing the show circuit with an original car, it's just not important.

If you were to buy a new shell from Renault (probably no longer available), the effect would be the same. It's more important to do the job properly.;)

dizzeeR5
18-04-2011, 10:54
cheers. def gunna do it now....