PDA

View Full Version : What would cause this ?

Danboi2
17-04-2011, 21:14
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1354&pictureid=15640

To cut a long story short ive had cooling problems for a long time and me mike aka phase 1 and tony (fishead) coudnt get to the bottom of it.

I replaced the rad and also the cooling bottle from gt tuning to original and still didnt solve it. The temp used the sit just before the fan kicks in most the time and warms up very fast.

Recently i got the car out and the temp shot over where it normally goes so i pulled over and turned the car off. I checked the water bottle and it was empty. so i filled it back up and as i was lifting the bottle i could hear water pouring out thats when I found the above.

Any ideas of its cause I have the original one there now

(apologies for the size of the pic I did try and resize it)

Robclio98
17-04-2011, 22:03
Ouch! i would say its because it got way too hot and just split, but ive never seen it happen before. :(

J$£5GTT
17-04-2011, 22:04
has it been rubbing on something,was it in the correct bracket?

Kris M
17-04-2011, 23:09
Another good case for "Chrome dont get you home" :D

J$£5GTT
17-04-2011, 23:16
Another good case for "Chrome dont get you home" :D

:laugh:...true but the plastic ones wer cack...:p

reco
18-04-2011, 07:35
build up of pressure in t cooling system check h/g loll
but id have thought it would have blown a hose first
must have just been a week part lol

Danboi2
18-04-2011, 09:18
I think it has been rubbing cause the bracket has gone

J$£5GTT
18-04-2011, 20:47
I think it has been rubbing cause the bracket has gone

well you got a few choices then,get pikey with it and make a bracket,something simple bolted through arch with say a jubilee clip round it or zip tie...

or if it were me id get the proper bracket from someone on here breaking a 5 or phase one mike or cgb whatever...
:agree::)

Danboi2
18-04-2011, 21:45
aving some work done soon so gonna get a proper one back on there

phase i 16 v turbo
19-04-2011, 14:24
Hi Dan, I know when you popped over to have a carb fitted and setup, Tony wasn't happy to set the car up to run more power due to the temperature the car was running at. He gave you a few helpful suggestions and said bring it back when time wasn’t an issue but you where on a tight schedule and had to head back as you had a long journey ahead.

Danboi2
19-04-2011, 16:04
Mike i was totally happy with everything that tony and yourself did for us when we come down. My Car has been running better than its ever has, I have even been speaking to tony to book the car in to have alot more done. Im just hoping that this was the cause of my over heating cause you seen for yourself there was no water leaks so might have just been a little split letting in air into the cooling system. Like you said tony give me alot of very helpfull suggestions to help fix the cooling issue and I have worked throu them one by one.