PDA

View Full Version : National Day Ticket Sales

clee
15-04-2011, 20:54
Less than 7 weeks to go ....
RTOC coffers are emptying by the day .
To date we have ticket sales of just over a grand ,that is a tenth of what the day will cost :coffee:
I could go on but I think you all get the jist .We need some support .

Gibbo69
15-04-2011, 23:24
Im deffo going even though my wedding is a couple of weeks later :)

Purcase tickets in the next couple of weeks :)

Gibbo

Tony Walker
15-04-2011, 23:56
Me too, even tho my 1 year anniversary is 5 days before lol. And my 2nd baby will only be 3 months old.

warpspeed
16-04-2011, 08:14
C'MON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

If i can book time off work, then drive all they way down from near Glasgow why can't more people from south of the border make the effort to support OUR club.

If it carries on like this we'll end up with exactly the same threads afterwards complaining about non-renaults being on track (mine included, crx this year) and general lack of support for the event.

SO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Ashy
16-04-2011, 09:26
If it carries on like this we'll end up with exactly the same threads afterwards complaining about non-renaults being on track

SO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Exactly :agree:

Alastair
16-04-2011, 10:43
Would love to go but I am not back until the following weekend, have a good day everyone...

JRP
16-04-2011, 11:35
Having only missed 1 from my memory.... i have supported the club. This year i wont attend; date clash with somthing rather important. Also pod falls rather close and cant afford both.

BluntyR5GTT
17-04-2011, 08:19
im defo coming to this just waiting on seeing if were doing some track time, out of interest if i buy a normal ticket but decide i wanna track my car on the day can we buy track tickets there and then?

am also hoping to have the old ep motorsport twin engined car coming along for a play

Os8472
17-04-2011, 09:30
Got my tickets :) only missed 1 national day since I joined, I don't intend to miss another

Adam 005
17-04-2011, 12:39
i will not be coming to this years rtoc national day as i have not got a cup car or a non renault to use on track.There are also other resons aswell:)

clee
17-04-2011, 17:57
The way things are at the minute it looks like this will be the last National day held at Mallory in any case .
It would seem to have run it's natural course and the trackday side of things is on the downturn as far as this club is concerned .No great issue ,things evolve and if this is not what members now want then so be it ,we will have to rethink next year what shape future days will take .
It will cost 10k for Mallory ,we can just about cover this and Pod using existing club funds this year but that will be it ..we will be potless .

We are committed to Mallory and Pod for this year though so unless members stand up and support in good measure by month end then I'm afraid we will have to tout the tracktime out to others .
The club cannot afford to lose the greater balance of it's funds on this and Pod .

D4WNO
17-04-2011, 20:33
im defo coming to this just waiting on seeing if were doing some track time, out of interest if i buy a normal ticket but decide i wanna track my car on the day can we buy track tickets there and then?

Yes, no problem but you won't get the advanced ticket price :)

Mart
17-04-2011, 22:22
The way things are at the minute it looks like this will be the last National day held at Mallory in any case .
It would seem to have run it's natural course and the trackday side of things is on the downturn as far as this club is concerned .No great issue ,things evolve and if this is not what members now want then so be it ,we will have to rethink next year what shape future days will take .
It will cost 10k for Mallory ,we can just about cover this and Pod using existing club funds this year but that will be it ..we will be potless .

We are committed to Mallory and Pod for this year though so unless members stand up and support in good measure by month end then I'm afraid we will have to tout the tracktime out to others .
The club cannot afford to lose the greater balance of it's funds on this and Pod .

Sad times :(

It was suggested numerous times in the past (and even at last year's AGM) that having our ND @ Mallory was starting to become a bit of a stagnant affair, and that maybe we should look at an alternative venue/format for this year. Variety is the spice of life & all that.

Why wasn't that looked into more?

The latest rumour going around on the grapevine is that we've been somewhat fortunate (read mainly thanks to Mallory personnel) to be given a slot there this year anyway :crap:

Ian S
18-04-2011, 11:10
Why wasn't that looked into more?This club has no-one to look into it. Are you volunteering?

The only suggestion was to fall in with someone else' trackday. There was endless winging when that was done in 2007 with the FCS at Donnington.

Mart
18-04-2011, 12:19
This club has no-one to look into it. Are you volunteering?

No-one on the Committee interested then?

Big Steve? (Events Organiser)

clee
18-04-2011, 14:07
We've had this discussion haven't we ?

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=17607

Fact is we are at Mallory and need to make the best of it .
Members can either buy the tickets or they will be sold to non-members .If we can't sell enough we will make a big loss and there will be no events next year at all .
Or we cancel and take whatever hit that brings .

J8TRO
18-04-2011, 15:43
just purchased mine........sorry for not doing it sooner :)

clee
18-04-2011, 15:55
:)

Thank you .

djinuk
18-04-2011, 16:03
i wil be booking tickets very soon for at least 3 of us.. i love nationals day and wont be missing it. I personally think mallorys great but thats just me i guess.

clee
18-04-2011, 16:14
I think the vast majority think that Mallory is great ,we don't hear from them though just the moaners but we can't continue to do it if we can't get somewhere near breaking even .

djinuk
18-04-2011, 16:28
i guess looking at it, we will definatly need to invite another club, the question is whom would be best suited and join in the enviroment nicely.

clee
18-04-2011, 16:44
We've tried the RAOC ,21toc ,Clio lads .I expect a few from those clubs hopefully Renaultsport as well .

djinuk
18-04-2011, 17:01
just a thought clee.. although its not renault related, its still an iconic 80's hatch..

a lot of the 205 gti drivers are very track based, and im happy to ledn you my forum account if you wanted to maybe attract a few of them to cover costs.

clee
18-04-2011, 17:10
Cheers dj :)

If you could copy and paste this on there for me that'd be great :) Plug it a bit will you :agree:

RTOC National Day ,Mallory Park ,Saturday June 4th .
Renault Turbo Owners Club have hired the circuit for 7 hrs of open pit action !
All are welcome ,you don't have to be a RTOC member and we can offer a discount on the non members ticket if purchased this month .
For more information and Club group bookings please contact .
Lee Crowston at shop@rtoc.org or phone 07974 493002 .
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Wastegate/RTOCNatDay2011.pdf (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/../files/Club%20files/Wastegate/RTOCNatDay2011.pdf)

BluntyR5GTT
18-04-2011, 17:19
well guys iv just paid for my 2 tickets got my better half coming along for the day :). iv decided see how things go with regards to tracking my car if i decide do it then ill pay up on the day no probs :agree:

come on guys dont be bloody shy support your club you will all be moaning when we have no events

TNT ANDY
18-04-2011, 17:31
Bought mine yonks ago. Never missed one yet.
Will be sad if this years is a flop. :(

Big Steve - Raider
18-04-2011, 17:57
Just bought my tickets ... but not a track pass this year... sold my Track Car! :homer: DOH!

Big Steve - Raider
18-04-2011, 18:04
This club has no-one to look into it.

I did offer to look into doing a joint affair with one of the many track organisers but it was suggested that it was too late to be looking at this year & we've missed the boat.

Brigsy
18-04-2011, 18:07
Im going to pay for my ticket on fri. Still unsure what car to take though, would be nice to take my gtt but cant hoon it round the track & the van is setup for the dragstrip but could handle a few laps. Decisions decisions!

clee
18-04-2011, 18:28
Thanks guys :)
Appreciate the support :agree:

On top of this I've been having a few Shop/Paypal issues the last few days and some orders have not been processed correctly , PP has been refunded so I need to contact a few people and get them to re-order/pay .
Apologies for this ,if anyone that has ordered anything does not receive either the goods or an email to explain then can they please shout at me via email/phone or PM .

One good bit of news is that I've been in touch with the guys at Trackaction Online and we have put together a package for expert instruction on the day .
This is something that happens on lots of Trackdays and is very useful for beginners and seasoned drivers alike .
There will be 1/2hr sessions available throughout the day ,we should have two instructors on hand so 20+ available slots .
I'll let you all know details later on this week .Again the club is subsidising this for members so costs will be very affordable,well worth having .

JRP
18-04-2011, 18:31
Iam sure the day will bee a success as normal, and iam sure it will be enjoyed by all.

Lets hope it gets the support to see some money in the rtoc coffers :)

clee
18-04-2011, 18:50
I'm sure it will .

Now JRP ...That tenner you have saved by not turning up ...could you not put that on some nag you'll be watching instead and donate the winnings :coffee:

Bass J
18-04-2011, 18:58
Heres a question for your clee... im put off with tracktime ...due to the fact i wont be there for the briefing as ill be at a different campsite ..will i be able to buy a slot when i turn up ..or will i not be able to go on as ive missed the briefing?

also the fact im driving down from glasgow and have no idea what the car will be like on a long journey :laugh:

clee
18-04-2011, 19:12
You should be OK if we have any space left :laugh::laugh::coffee:
There is always some provision for people turning up late and missing the briefing .Please don't take this as licence to have a big breakfast and not turn up on time though people .
It all eats into the time and running procedure of the organisers on the day so try and be there for the main briefing please :)
The entry to the paddock area at Mallory is via the track and so this will obviously be closed as soon as the track action starts .There will be chances to come and go during this time but this could mean a long wait to get in .

BluntyR5GTT
18-04-2011, 19:17
what time is the breifing at lee?

clee
18-04-2011, 19:18
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Wastegate/RTOCNatDay2011.pdf

BluntyR5GTT
18-04-2011, 19:22
hmm i doubt ill make the breifing mate prob get there around 9-9.30am

Bass J
18-04-2011, 19:23
You should be OK if we have any space left :laugh::laugh::coffee:
There is always some provision for people turning up late and missing the briefing .Please don't take this as licence to have a big breakfast and not turn up on time though people .
It all eats into the time and running procedure of the organisers on the day so try and be there for the main briefing please :)
The entry to the paddock area at Mallory is via the track and so this will obviously be closed as soon as the track action starts .There will be chances to come and go during this time but this could mean a long wait to get in .

Ok cool :) i turned upto the last national day at 2pm ...wasnt on the track ..but had to wait till the track action finished to get in.

I will be at billing aquadrome campsite as im going to french car show ..so getting there for friday evening. I kno i will be dragging some of my clubclio members along to come see some track action :D

JRP
18-04-2011, 19:35
I'm sure it will .

Now JRP ...That tenner you have saved by not turning up ...could you not put that on some nag you'll be watching instead and donate the winnings :coffee:

Deal, on the day get a paper scan it... pick a horse and on behalf of the club i'll pop a £10 bet on if it wins i'll cough up the winnings :agree:

Thats Epsom Derby day only ;) no other track

car.crash
18-04-2011, 21:18
ticket paid for, but im backing out of a track ticket this year for several reasons so spectating for me.

J8TRO
18-04-2011, 21:21
One good bit of news is that I've been in touch with the guys at Trackaction Online and we have put together a package for expert instruction on the day .
This is something that happens on lots of Trackdays and is very useful for beginners and seasoned drivers alike .
There will be 1/2hr sessions available throughout the day ,we should have two instructors on hand so 20+ available slots .
I'll let you all know details later on this week .Again the club is subsidising this for members so costs will be very affordable,well worth having .

Be interested in this, let us know more details when you can Clee

Adam 005
18-04-2011, 21:27
National day bookings down:crap:.Booked for the day before french car show. (only one of the biggest shows in the u.k)a commitee lead by a member who spends no time on online:eek:.

santa pod booked within weeks of national day:eek: it would seem there is a major lack of communication with all members of the commitee.The list of things could go on.

Matt Cole
18-04-2011, 21:31
Didnt this happen last year? As in there was a mad rush for tickets in the last two weeks!?

Clee, massive respect for your commitment, im sure all will end very rosy!:D

J8TRO
18-04-2011, 21:35
TBH you'll sell loads of tickets in the last week. People don't buy until then as we own Renaults and people want to make sure their car is running when the big day comes. I've only bought my ticket now because if the 5's broke i can take the clio ;)

clee
18-04-2011, 21:36
National day bookings down:crap:.Booked for the day before french car show. (only one of the biggest shows in the u.k)a commitee lead by a member who spends no time on online:eek:.

santa pod booked within weeks of national day:eek: it would seem there is a major lack of communication with all members of the commitee.The list of things could go on.

Constructive input as ever :coffee:

BluntyR5GTT
18-04-2011, 21:38
tbh if you bought a ticket for a mere £10 and couldnt make the day its not a big loss really and it all goes to help the club out as well

gtmatt
18-04-2011, 21:53
still need to get mine as well :)

old skool turbo power
18-04-2011, 22:02
We've tried the RAOC ,21toc ,Clio lads .I expect a few from those clubs hopefully Renaultsport as well .

just outta intrest mate how have you got on with the responce of these others clubs like?would be good to see a whole load of reanults togther :agree::cool:haha even though im not a massive fan of the new renaults but just something diffrent to see like:agree:.would be good to see the r26 r:)(in white that is ;)).
or is it just the case of car clubs like to keep them self to them self??
(21 turbo,clio,megan 225 club)
or is it just the case of new skool dont want to be mixed with old skool :laugh:
also lets hope it dont rain like last yr or the park will be empty:scared::(

clee
18-04-2011, 22:17
Honest breakdown ...
RAOC ...Any that will turn up are members here already, 3 or 4 max ....Far older member base that like park and polish and very much keep to themselves .If it's Renault H&C then they will be there .
21toc ...far too few members ,probably less 21's out there than GTA/610 .FCS is more their thing for the social side .
Clio ...more hopeful .Penfold is working on that .
Renaultsport ???

old skool turbo power
18-04-2011, 22:27
21toc ...far too few members ,probably less 21's out there than GTA/610 .FCS is more their thing for the social side .
???

:agree:yeh i did notice that mate at the fcs in 2006. :laugh:never seen so many 21 turbos at one go.

Nick k
18-04-2011, 23:01
I'll be buying mine when i get paid :).

Slight hijack......

Is there anything arranged for the FCS on sunday?? Like a convoy from Mallory to the FCS for example ??? :D

D4WNO
18-04-2011, 23:06
Not currently Nick but feel free to use the events section if you'd like to set one up, it's a good idea.

djinuk
19-04-2011, 07:46
hopefully people arnt being put of my fcs being the following day..

If so please dont be, do the two shows and feel free to convoy down with myself and the others im sure we that will be doing the same.

Im just hoping my r5s out the bodyshop and built back up by then.

philg
19-04-2011, 08:52
I will be buying 2 or 3 depending on if my car is ready, if not i will hopefully just drive the gt down and spectate.

I think that the problem is, you never know from one day to the next whether the little sods are going to work :D

BriC
19-04-2011, 09:28
I've not bought mine yet, but will be doing once I've worked out whether I want to go on track or not.. :scratch:

J8TRO
19-04-2011, 11:27
depending on if my car is ready

Whats wrong with it?

I think that the problem is, you never know from one day to the next whether the little sods are going to work :D

Agree. see you there in the Clio :rolleyes:

philg
20-04-2011, 08:56
Whats wrong with it?

Agree. see you there in the Clio :rolleyes:

Have a read of my restoration thread, or should i call it moan thread, its a long story, more head aches last night to :(

I can see a 172 and a rs focus having a play this year mate :D

Hoolio
20-04-2011, 09:36
Not currently Nick but feel free to use the events section if you'd like to set one up, it's a good idea.

I guess that means there are no ongoing plans for an RTOC stand?

D4WNO
20-04-2011, 11:19
I'm only talking about a convoy to the event, I've no idea about a stand. Big Steve should be able to assist there, I'm not involved with that. I'll ask him to reply here :)

Os8472
20-04-2011, 13:22
The Webbed Feet (Norfolk) Devision will be convoying to a hotel on the Saturday night ready for FCS Sunday, if you can get a room booked feel free to tag along.

We're staying at the Corby Holiday Inn
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/corby/cbmuk/hoteldetail

Big Steve - Raider
20-04-2011, 14:28
Hi All!!

As for the RTOC at the French Car Show, I modified a thread about it HERE (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=20613) & didn't really get a great lot of takers??

I can feel a new thread or a big flashy sign on the welcome page coming on??

Big Steve - Raider
20-04-2011, 14:41
I guess that means there are no ongoing plans for an RTOC stand?

I've got all the stuff to get a stand at the FCS mate but i just didn't see a lot of takers on that thread?

The problem is people are going to have to get up earlyish after our ND to then drive over to Corby for the FCS?

I don't mind organising the stand but I don't want to organise it & then it looks sh1te at FCS with 3 cars on it. :crap:

If we do it we need to do it en-force!! ;)

clee
20-04-2011, 17:07
:pirate: finished ?;)

We have a few days before the track ticket price increase .They will go up to £70 for members as of 1st May
We have some interest from ' others ' regarding tickets .The non members tickets are likely to be snapped up .
Also from May the remaining members tickets will be available to non members but still of course at the full £95 price .

Nad-5GTT
20-04-2011, 18:15
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

id be happy to go on a stand at fcs, although its not a standard looking 5! not sure if that would bother you guys?

type r brad
20-04-2011, 19:41
Def going with a few tagging along, just need to know more certain that car will be all ran in and set up as fancy putting through paces on track, steady tho lol:D

dave r5
20-04-2011, 22:06
ill be there, debating track time tho, im stii scared from last year

Tony Walker
20-04-2011, 22:22
ill be there, debating track time tho, im stii scared from last year

Bubble wrap your car :)

jaffa
21-04-2011, 20:53
Wrong Pissin Thread U Lot This Is The One That Relates To Rtoc National Day Tickets!!!!

warpspeed
21-04-2011, 21:09
Wrong Pissin Thread U Lot This Is The One That Relates To Rtoc National Day Tickets!!!!

:agree:

Alex
21-04-2011, 21:29
I shall be buying 2 tickets plus camping in the next few days :-)

Coops
22-04-2011, 11:51
coughed up my 65 squid today so all ready to rock and roll, last year was a blast and frankly i cant believe theres not more takers, even is it is allegedly 'stagnant' (i thought they were opening two of the chicanes as well this year for a more technical track?) as frankly for a full open pitlane day theres nothing cheaper anywhere! heck i cant even go out for a meal and few beers with the missus for less than that!!!:cool:

want me to plug it over on williamsclio.co.uk? those boys are reasonably track orientated, we're all rocking donnington back end of july!

5teve L
22-04-2011, 13:37
I have a friend who has bought a Caterham & wants to do a trackday to get the feel of the car, he doesn't want to race around like a loon & is in his 40's, just wants to drive it a bit closer on the limit safely, is it ok if I offer him a ticket @ £95 ?
He may not even be interested as I haven't mentioned it to him yet.

Steve

clee
22-04-2011, 14:09
That's what the non member tickets are for ;)
No problem Steve.

Coops ,no problem either ,plug away :)

Duncan Grier
23-04-2011, 07:52
Getting mine this weekend. When home :-)

Clee happy to put the non track option on the vx220 forum if you want?

DG

SMD
23-04-2011, 10:00
i brought my tickets and a few cloths from the club shop but not recived anything yet just want to make sure the order went through ok i dont want to miss out on national day cheers.:)

SMD
23-04-2011, 10:10
also are there still a few tickets for non members still going may have a couple of people intrested .

D4WNO
25-04-2011, 23:36
i brought my tickets and a few cloths from the club shop but not recived anything yet just want to make sure the order went through ok i dont want to miss out on national day cheers.:)

Hiya, I understand we've had an issue with PayPal very recently, you may want to PM Clee who looks after the club shop and let him know the details of your order, date, paypal ref etc so he can check it out for you :)

Link to Clee's profile http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=68

D4WNO
25-04-2011, 23:39
also are there still a few tickets for non members still going may have a couple of people intrested .

Yes, still available :)

Duncan Grier
26-04-2011, 10:44
BOOKED :coffee::D

Now just the impossible task of building a car in about a day LOL

DG

mr bean aka pete
26-04-2011, 21:30
ALL BOOKED !!!!

Camping, Entry and Tracktime :coffee:

COME ON GUYS/GALS SUPPORT YOUR CLUB !!!!

D4WNO
26-04-2011, 21:38
Nice one guys. Do you like the banner advert I did for along the top of the forum? :laugh:

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Website%20Banners/NatDay1.gif

mr bean aka pete
26-04-2011, 21:44
:agree:

loving the banner Dawn everythings worth a try :cool:

rs250nut
26-04-2011, 21:49
Nice work:)

D4WNO
26-04-2011, 21:52
Lol it didn't take long, I was just going for the "highly unsubtle" approach

car.crash
26-04-2011, 21:55
add some boobies and a icecream van and its the best banner ever :D

5teve L
26-04-2011, 21:57
You're a bad, bad man Marc but I like your style :laugh:

Tony Walker
26-04-2011, 22:08
Camping and track time Booked :cooter: cant wait :D:D:D:D popping my national cherry

D4WNO
26-04-2011, 22:19

How about this one Marc?

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Website%20Banners/NatDay2.gif

Tony Walker
26-04-2011, 22:20
How about this one Marc?

Perfect.. thats the one :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
26-04-2011, 22:21
How about this one Marc?

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Get it changed D4WNO!

car.crash
26-04-2011, 22:21
How about this one Marc?

wow, perfect girlfriend EVER!!!

James5
26-04-2011, 22:22
wow, perfect girlfriend EVER!!!

Think I need to buy another ticket:D

JRP
26-04-2011, 22:23
How about this one Marc?

YEEEEEEEEEEEES:cooter:

D4WNO
27-04-2011, 10:42
Lol glad you all like the newer version.....now go buy your tickets :p

Duncan Grier
27-04-2011, 10:47
Would you like me to post an advert on the vx220.org site ref track price etc?

Have held back atm as obviously we want Renault turbos on their 1st followed by long standing members who have owned or still own 5's etc but now drive different cars

Think I need a few laps in a 5 this year :agree:

DG

car.crash
27-04-2011, 12:33
Lol glad you all like the newer version.....now go buy your tickets :p

I have but no track for me this time.

Brigsy
27-04-2011, 14:24
Bought my tickets today, track & camping. Awesome value for the money! Still can't decide what car to bring though!

Markey Mark (BD)
27-04-2011, 19:26
Just bought my tickets now, only camping and entry for me this year.

Whiteley
27-04-2011, 20:20
Track and camping booked :)

Had a cracking weekend last year so more of the same hopefully!

TNT ANDY
27-04-2011, 23:18
How we looking from a club point of view now???
:scared:

BluntyR5GTT
28-04-2011, 06:03
seems like there has been a big surge in sales since around the time i purchased my 2 tickets :agree:

TNT ANDY
28-04-2011, 06:31
seems like there has been a big surge in sales since around the time i purchased my 2 tickets :agree:

It does - are there any actual figures ???

clee
28-04-2011, 12:21
30 track tickets sold .
19 entry tickets .

Nowhere near enough .
Sunday the track tickets go up to £70 .

Alex
28-04-2011, 12:34
Make that a couple more sold ;) I've just ordered:

2x camping
1 Entry/track pass
1 Entry for a mate

Looking forward to it, just need to prepare the car now! :smokin:

TNT ANDY
28-04-2011, 14:39
30 track tickets sold .
19 entry tickets .

Nowhere near enough .

That's really poor, considering the numbers in the club. Very sad indeed. C'mon everyone, get amongst it.

Duncan Grier
28-04-2011, 14:54
Indeed, expect more to take advantage of the extra discount :agree: seriously you cant get on track for cheaper and worth it even if its a few mild laps and give the 5 a shake down :cool:

Hell I have not even started my project car and def not a bolt together one :crap: lol

DG

Robbo
28-04-2011, 15:13
30 track tickets sold .
19 entry tickets .

Nowhere near enough .

31 track tickets sold see you all there:)

BluntyR5GTT
28-04-2011, 16:39
30 track tickets sold .
19 entry tickets .

Nowhere near enough .

Christ thats poor whats up with everyone this is a must do event for us members its only a tenner for entrh well.worth it. U only have to see the turnout the rs owners club national.day gets to see what a poor show of support we have atm

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2011, 16:57
Christ thats poor whats up with everyone this is a must do event for us members its only a tenner for entrh well.worth it. U only have to see the turnout the rs owners club national.day gets to see what a poor show of support we have atm

Thing with the RS Owners club is they have a very large number of members and variaty of RS cars so there turnouts will noticebly be alot higher.

Every year the numbers are fairly good seems to be enough people there to fill the area.

5teve L
28-04-2011, 17:11
I'm holding out to see if I can get my car on the road, I know John wants to take his Evo so I may end up as a passenger, will know 100% next week. Got alot on in June though :crap:

clee
28-04-2011, 17:20
Thing with the RS Owners club is they have a very large number of members and variaty of RS cars so there turnouts will noticebly be alot higher.

Every year the numbers are fairly good seems to be enough people there to fill the area.

That's true but we have enough members to do better than we are doing .I don't get it .Surely we can rustle up some entry only orders ...It's a tenner and not dependent on car builds ....19 sold :scratch:

Track is mainly members so far with only 3 going to non-members .

Mr Raider
28-04-2011, 17:24
Tickets ordered and looking forward to it!!! :)

5teve L
28-04-2011, 17:31
That's true but we have enough members to do better than we are doing .I don't get it .Surely we can rustle up some entry only orders ...It's a tenner and not dependent on car builds ....19 sold :scratch:

Once I know if the car is there or not I will be ordering the relevant ticket :)

BluntyR5GTT
28-04-2011, 17:41
Once I know if the car is there or not I will be ordering the relevant ticket :)

thats a fair point steve is making id imagine alot of people are holding back to see if there motors are ready etc as if not they can still come along just to be there and have a good catch up with some fellow members

BluntyR5GTT
28-04-2011, 17:43

again totally agree with this hence my point on it only being a tenner entry as you could always upgrade on the day if wanted

clee
28-04-2011, 17:44
I don't think there are 6/700 people building cars that are unsure though :laugh:
Ohh well that's my last word on the subject ...I'll be here licking stamps if you need me ;)

BluntyR5GTT
28-04-2011, 17:47
I don't think there are 6/700 people building cars that are unsure though :laugh:
Ohh well that's my last word on the subject ...I'll be here licking stamps if you need me ;)

very true lee come on guys its a bloody tenner your not going break the bank by showing a tad of support to your club

Big Steve - Raider
28-04-2011, 17:58
...I'll be here licking stamps if you need me ;)

Beats windows Clee! ;) :laugh: :wasntme:

clee
28-04-2011, 18:07
Laugh it up big fella ....I'll see you on the gate sharpish Saturday morn ;)

Steve
28-04-2011, 22:47
Can I come & play again?
Still non Renault but the CS,RS guys know me from previous yrs when had various Renaults.
Steve at trackacton will vouch for me:)
If you get need to fill places could help out but got controversial last yr.

Big Steve - Raider
28-04-2011, 23:03
Laugh it up big fella ....I'll see you on the gate sharpish Saturday morn ;)

No problemo Cleemeister! As already mentioned mate, I'm there on Friday night & can liase with the Mallory team as needed ;)

Matt Cole
28-04-2011, 23:06
Clee,

How many tickets are needed to be sold to break even?:scared:

warpspeed
29-04-2011, 08:12
I'll be there by fri lunchtime, fingers crossed! so can help out if needed with anything :)

clee
29-04-2011, 08:15
The day will cost the club £10k .
We don't need to break even but can't take a huge hit :scared:
If we sold 80 track spaces we'd be halfway there
250/300 members attend ? Is that being unrealistic ?

Bigfoot
29-04-2011, 08:29
Ill be there but waiting to work out if by track or by entry only, unless I can ungrade to track later on?

clee
29-04-2011, 08:36
I can't see it being a problem if you want to upgrade nearer the date .The track tickets will be issued on the day .I'm sending out normal entry tickets for all purchases .Those with tracktime need to exchange for a track band when they sign on .
You would need to be there early though if you wanted to do this on the day .
Sign on will be from 7.30 onwards and the briefing at 8.15 :agree:

Bigfoot
29-04-2011, 08:43
Cheers :) will purchase 1 today then :)

Duncan Grier
29-04-2011, 08:54
Got my tickets next day after ordering ;-)

Great work guys!

DG

D4WNO
12-05-2011, 23:56
Nice one Duncan.

Does nobody else feel enticed into buying tickets after seeing my banner then?

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Website%20Banners/NatDay1.gif

Alan
15-05-2011, 09:12
Whats the latest postage date for tickets pleasse,

clee
15-05-2011, 09:34
Tuesday 31st May .

Os8472
15-05-2011, 20:43
I bought my tickets as soon as funds allowed and that was before I'd even pulled the engine out and got the new engine finished, I missed last year, I won't miss it again

REBEL GT TURBO
15-05-2011, 21:02
Ill be buying my tickets on the 25th! :)

Adey aka Ewok
15-05-2011, 21:35
im still undecided, i wont know till right up till friday if i can make it, can i get the tickets the same price on the gate or is it full price?

Lomo
16-05-2011, 19:11
How are the ticket sales going Clee?

Adey aka Ewok
16-05-2011, 20:56
I can't see it being a problem if you want to upgrade nearer the date .The track tickets will be issued on the day .I'm sending out normal entry tickets for all purchases .Those with tracktime need to exchange for a track band when they sign on .
You would need to be there early though if you wanted to do this on the day .
Sign on will be from 7.30 onwards and the briefing at 8.15 :agree:

ill do the same then if thats ok?

clee
16-05-2011, 21:51
How are the ticket sales going Clee?

A few more over the weekend ,some big lumps .
Still very few entry only ones going out :scratch: mostly track .

Adey , if you want to upgrade your ticket then just be there sharpish :agree:

Lomo
16-05-2011, 22:03

Thanks :)... Just wondering how our number 1 day was getting along ;)

I can guarantee you 3 entry only (with camping) from us :D

Adey aka Ewok
16-05-2011, 22:07

Adey , if you want to upgrade your ticket then just be there sharpish :agree:

ive ordered a entry and camping tickets, will be there friday night all being well so will upgrade in the early am if that is cool? (and the cars in one peice)

Renault 5 GT Turbo
17-05-2011, 00:17

One way to find out about cars on the road would be to have a mandatory radio button on the entry page each and every time you enter to record, 'Do you own a Renault Turbo car that is currently on the road* Yes/No?

*Insured, Taxed & MOT'd

The stats 'Total Members vs Total Cars On The Road' could be displayed by the personal member info, would be interesting.

I would guess that the majority are not currently insured, taxed and mot'd. That has got to influence whether you attend a track event.

dave j gtt
17-05-2011, 04:18
pissed on chips :mad:

clee
20-05-2011, 11:24
67 track spaces still available .

djinuk
20-05-2011, 11:47
is there a flyer for this yet ?, ill approach a few select people to hopefully knock them numbers down a bit.

Mart
20-05-2011, 12:12
Just to double-check, it's £10 p/p entry regardless of buying tickets up front or on the gate?

D4WNO
20-05-2011, 13:12
is there a flyer for this yet ?, ill approach a few select people to hopefully knock them numbers down a bit.

Yup, here are the links:

Nat Day flyer front (http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/Rtoc%20National%20Day%20A6%20flyer%202011%201.jpg)

Nat Day flyer back (http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/Rtoc%20National%20Day%20A6%20flyer%202011%202.jpg)

D4WNO
20-05-2011, 13:13
Just to double-check, it's £10 p/p entry regardless of buying tickets up front or on the gate?

Not ignoring you, I just don't now the answer. I'll try find out exactly how it'll work :)

clee
20-05-2011, 13:54
£10 on the gate as well

Mart
20-05-2011, 14:03
Thanks guys :agree:

djinuk
20-05-2011, 14:10
thanks for the leaflet,

I will get some out, i believe usually the pirce works out same on gate or in advance.

Lomo
27-05-2011, 14:38
Arrived today, cheers Clee! :agree:

REBEL GT TURBO
28-05-2011, 22:54
2 Tickets ordered!! see u there!:cool:

Gibbo69
28-05-2011, 22:58
:agree::D
2 Tickets ordered!! see u there!:cool:

Bass J
29-05-2011, 12:03
Ill be buying on the door :) ..most likely spectate tho :smokin:

clee
30-05-2011, 11:35
Last chance for posted tickets !!!
They will be pulled form the shop this evening and last post Tuesday .

car.crash
30-05-2011, 11:42
For reasons beyond my control I won't know until Wednesday evening if I can track it or not. Now will I be allowed to pay via paypal and collect on the day or do I have to pay when I arrive and when is the earliest I can do this and who will I need to track down?
I have also paid and received my entry ticket

clee
30-05-2011, 11:49
You can upgrade to track on the day .You will need a std entry to get in and we swap for a track one once you have signed on .You need to be there for the drivers briefing but anytime after 7.30 you can sign on and upgrade :agree:

car.crash
30-05-2011, 12:13
thanks clee, i will be there friday night. im waiting on the dvla so its hit and miss on whether the car can come.

Fordy
30-05-2011, 18:09
Is there going to be entry tickets forsale on the gates? I've got my ticket already but my brother wants to come with me now as a passenger

Big Steve - Raider
30-05-2011, 18:12
Is there going to be entry tickets forsale on the gates? I've got my ticket already but my brother wants to come with me now as a passenger

Yep :niceone:

Fordy
30-05-2011, 18:18
Cool thank you :)

R5TURBORON
31-05-2011, 22:15
Can I pay for camping and entry on the gate Friday night? Didn't think my car would be back on the road :-) and how much? Cheers Aaron

D4WNO
31-05-2011, 22:19
Yes you can, full details are all in top thread of this section :)

R5TURBORON
31-05-2011, 22:23