PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Nightmare :(

HendyR5
14-04-2011, 19:57
right guys need a bit of advice, had my car insurance with debenhams and got my renewal through weeks ago at nearly double the price lol

I sent all the docs back 2 weeks ago and cancelled the direct debit, went to the cash machine this afternoon and boooom..... nearly a hundred bucks taken out :cry:

Im gonna phone 2moro but just wondered if they could still do this??????

dangerous dave
14-04-2011, 20:06
there nobbers aren't they:rolleyes: i was with hic and they sent the renewal saying the would take payment in lets say feb 2nd, planned to cancel and before i got round to it they had taken it 5 days early:crap:

so i had to ask for my money that took a week or so, then i had to pay out for my new policy with the 5's respray fund:(

if you get onto them they will refund you, just tell them you wanted it cancelled and they took the money before you had a chance.. say you didn't get the renewal notice, anything to make them pay it back asap.. :)

HendyR5
14-04-2011, 20:18
a always get hassle when it comes too renewal time, its never straight forward lol

Well on there site it says if a wish to cancel 14 days after it starts i have to pay a charge of £20, as i sent all docs bk well before it was due to start av got a feeling i'll still get made to pay the charge :mad: