PDA

View Full Version : Turbo for SR20DET conversion advice required

Duncan Grier
14-04-2011, 09:04
Well picked up the SR20DET engine last night but some mix up in comms and actually short of turbo, injectors and bolts / studs for the inlet and exhaust manifold which were removed have everything else and seems to look fine (time will tell lol)

Anyway easy option if get a 2nd hand turbo (the one the guy had had play in it anyway so would have been rebuilt) which is fine but know there are a few on here that have owned the 200sx and done various things

Adam L prob need to stalk you to see what you have :cooter:

So on the cast manifold what options are there? Not looking for massive power as it will never get it down in 510kg so linear delivery is key and also have the ooption to use the non nats ecu or standalone - any advice here? Have an Emerald on the car but id of the old version and cant be flashed to latest version

Never going to be used on the road so low revs are not used also

Just thought I would run it past you all before spending more cash I dont have :cry:

Im all ears :agree:

DG

Mart
14-04-2011, 10:00
Disco potato.

Duncan Grier
14-04-2011, 10:41
Well I have just had a master class from a good friend Mr Revo and head hurts lol. Raised some good points ref the weight of the car and how it will not load the engine up like it does in a normal heavier car or on a dyno cant even type the detailed tech stuff we went through lol

But going to retain the T28 but review the A/R and also poss using a slightly smaller exhaust to help smooth the turbo coming in

We also have a draft desigh for the rad and i/c setup with more data than is needed lol - but I love the details :agree:

So just need to work out best injector and also standalone or oe

DG

Duncan Grier
14-04-2011, 10:58
Forget the turbo for now going to try the T28 A/R 60 trim std item I just got cheap.

Just advice on injectors and ECU option please :cool:

Will decide on 2.5 or 3 turbo back later once its in the car

DG

Mart
14-04-2011, 14:08
Disco potato.

Dust.

I'll try again...

The Apexi PowerFC is a great ecu (as also used on a certain Jap Taxi). Recommended :agree:

Duncan Grier
14-04-2011, 14:40
bit early for an xmas present but thank you ;)

Will have a look further - cheers

DG