PDA

View Full Version : Engine Loom problems

DaveMayGTT
11-04-2011, 15:44
When taking the engine out we found the main engine loom connector block had been cut out and all the wires were just crimped together. I've numbered up all the connections and cut them to get the engine out. Now I want to put an original block back in but am not sure what wires go where. Obviously i could bodge it and just make sure there connected up 1 to 1 with where they were before but i would like it done so the connections are in the right place. If anyone has a spare in good condition they would part with please let me know or if not I will contact Mike when he is back.
Does anyone have the diagrams from the blue haynes manual or something else that may help. Also need to know where the horn is normally grounded to, thats being fed strait back to the battery - at mo. I'm sure the more I look the more probs I will find but getting these 2 bits done would be a good start.

5teve L
12-04-2011, 07:51
When taking the engine out we found the main engine loom connector block had been cut out and all the wires were just crimped together. I've numbered up all the connections and cut them to get the engine out. Now I want to put an original block back in but am not sure what wires go where. Obviously i could bodge it and just make sure there connected up 1 to 1 with where they were before but i would like it done so the connections are in the right place. If anyone has a spare in good condition they would part with please let me know or if not I will contact Mike when he is back.
Does anyone have the diagrams from the blue haynes manual or something else that may help. Also need to know where the horn is normally grounded to, thats being fed strait back to the battery - at mo. I'm sure the more I look the more probs I will find but getting these 2 bits done would be a good start.
Pretty sure I have my old loom lying around, I don't need it so if it helps you out you can have it Dave.

DaveMayGTT
12-04-2011, 08:46
Replacing it may well be a far better idea than repairing, will take you up on that please Steve. Thx m8. Will drop you a pm shortly :agree: